It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivia detects buried pyramid at Tiahuanaco site

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I just stumbled upon this small article which sounds very interesting, and for me it will be followed closely, so far not much of info. so this is what you get.

Source

The government of Bolivia announced it will start exploratory excavations this year at the ancient fortress of Tiahuanaco after a buried pyramid was detected.
Besides the pyramid, ground-penetrating radar has detected "a number of underground anomalies" that might be monoliths, but those findings require more detailed analysis.

Now i wonder if it is related to this thread by SLAYER69, that would make it even more interesting, as i'm still waiting to hear more about that apparent find.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As there is no pictures to the new find yet, i will just add some old ones for eyecandy.

edit on 30-3-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Very interesting. Hope they will find something. I have to follow this thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I was hoping for something new. .. .

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I'm glad scientists are using Ground Penetrating Radar to find this stuff now. NASA should use it on Mars because I'd bet that's where any lifeforms are. Great find. I'll have to follow this one...
edit on 30-3-2015 by lostbook because: Correction

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The site was founded 3 years ago as per Slayers thread, and now they decide to check it out

Our ancients were the most interesting people I ever read about. Their belief, culture practices, stone masonry and art is breathtaking for its time, and all the anomalies that subtly scream out .."ANCIENT TECH".. mind boggling sometimes

Thanks for sharing

edit on 30-3-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I made a thread some 3 years ago about it, and it has really taken off since then and is used everywhere possible, a really useful tool for archaeologist, saves tons of time and reveal exciting hidden stuff.

Flying Lasers Reveal Buried Historical Structures

Mars will probably also see it's Ground Penetrating Radar technology sometimes in the future.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

No, it's two different discoveries, i just made the connection.

It can take many more years to start an excavation as the fore work is a slow process, and after that you need to find or build up funding either by sponsors or government, and figure out who is capable of doing the excavation in a proper way.

Many excavations has been destructive due to rush.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I'm glad scientists are suing Ground Penetrating Radar to find this stuff now. NASA should use it on Mars because I'd bet that's where any lifeforms are. Great find. I'll have to follow this one...

Do the scientists need lawyers for that?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: lostbook

I'm glad scientists are suing Ground Penetrating Radar to find this stuff now. NASA should use it on Mars because I'd bet that's where any lifeforms are. Great find. I'll have to follow this one...

Do the scientists need lawyers for that?

My mistake. I meant using not suing. Fixed it.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i would do anything to see a history of mesoamerica from the people living it. a trove of historical writings....that would be the jackpot.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Given that Tiwanaku is a wonderful and mysterious place, the fact there is yet more to be uncovered is absolutely wonderful.

unesco Tiwanaku site

Some other images and a very interesting text here.

www.labyrinthina.com...

Beautiful old earth, beautiful forgotten history.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Civilization will get screwed out of any "greatt" find, as per usual. We will get to see broken bowls and trinkets. Sad the way they keep the good stuff from us.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
Civilization will get screwed out of any "greatt" find, as per usual. We will get to see broken bowls and trinkets. Sad the way they keep the good stuff from us.

Agreed, and WHY do they hide it from us? I'm of the opinion that something in the past directly links to those now in control!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Agreed, and WHY do they hide it from us? I'm of the opinion that something in the past directly links to those now in control!

As a trained archaeologist who has actually been to Tiwanaku (Tiahuanaco) and followed the excavation project for a while, I can tell you that as far as I know, no 'good stuff' has been hidden. The broken bowls and trinkets are all in the Tiwanaku museum and its storage facilities, and some is in the National Museum of Archaeology in La Paz. A lot of other good stuff has been stolen or destroyed, notably when a railroad was drawn through the site in the early 20th century.

That said, I don't think there's any lack of amazing stuff at Tiwanaku. For a start, the stone work and the scale of it is amazing. Consider also that the temple site was - as far as we know - run by a shaman priesthood that connected with the spirit world through hallucinogenic substances. I have myself tried some of these Dimethyltryptamine ('___') rich plants extracts (Anadenanthera, Wilka seeds), which made for some crazy, out of this world experiences I will never forget (disclaimer: both substances are legal in Bolivia and Peru, where they were taken).

You get elongated skulls in Tiwanaku, and you can see them on display. There are also some mystifying archaeological finds in the Andean high plateau that do not fit the cultural or chronological context, such as for instance the controversial Fuente Magna bowl. I've seen it myself in the La Paz museum, so it's not hidden away in some obscure attempt to keep the truth from you or anyone else.

As to the new finds, wow a pyramid! I can just imagine what a nightmare the geophysical survey must be at Tiwanaku, where the geological stratas are jumbled from earthquakes, floodings and landslides. If it's at Kantatallita, it's probably aligned with the Akapana pyramid in an East-West direction. It would be very interesting to continue the geophys in a western direction towards Puma Punku. We're bound to find more interesting stuff there.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, as much as I'd love to see a room filled with gold I would much prefer a room of old books full of their history and stories.

I really do wish these excavations got the funding they need. Good thread mian

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I would love to know what sort of dimensions we're talking about based on the ground penetrating radar info.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is very cool. Archeological finds also excite me, gives me hope that maybe we find some long lost artifact or something just ground breaking in general.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hmmmm, site dedicated to rituals for the underworld perhaps? Very cool.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Whoops.

Wrong thread.
edit on 4/2/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
** bump **.............so it's now been " several years " of planning this further excavation out......so what gives ????? Surely this discovery/mystery didn't just get shelved as a passing fad ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join