It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Find Underground Chamber Pumapunku

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+115 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/574b7d94e390.jpg[/atsimg]

A team of archaeologists using ground penetrating radar have found an underground chamber that could finally answer some of the mysteries of Pumapunku.

Using ground penetrating radar, a team of archaeologists have discovered a large underground anomaly that is only 60 feet from the Pumapunku foundation. The team believes that the anomaly is a man-made chamber versus a natural one and is the only one detected so far from the radar scans. Head archaeologist Domingo Mendoza stated that the team is convinced the chamber is most likely a tomb but there is no direct proof of this just yet.

In a statement to a local newspaper, head archaeologist Dr. Mendoza gave the following details of the discovery:

1. The anomaly found is approximately four feet underground and then goes to depth of 10-11 feet. (thereby making the height of the chamber 6-7 feet)

2. The chamber is approximately 12 feet in length and 5 feet in width and appears to be mostly empty.

3. The chamber appears to have steps leading into it but it does appear to have been filled in with something. (the team thinks rocks and loose soil were thrown in to block access to it)

4. The chamber does not have ground entrances to it and the very top of the chamber is 4 feet beneath the current ground level. (the team thinks the chamber was dugout and then purposely buried)

5. There appears to be something quite large at the end of the chamber that the team thinks could be a sarcophagus.

LightAssassin sent me this link and I thought many here would appreciate this story. Seems like a site that has been gone over many times and horribly reconstructed by the Government is about to give up a new discovery. One could only image what if anything they'll find. I wrote a thread on the site and the controversy surrounding its age.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery..., Well worth the time to read if you're interested in a little background info.

I hope they take all proper precautions to secure the location and any artifacts they may find. I'll try to keep on top of this story and follow up as more becomes available.

As always....

Stay tuned.

edit on 16-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
cool!!!

cant wait to read more about this !!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks for this Slayer. Tsoukalos was the first to introduce me to Pumapunku and I am still enchanted with it to tell you the truth. I really hope they will find something amazing...

but we both know how that goes. I won't hold my breath.

edit on 8/16/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Awesome

Of any places i wish them to find something new, this is one of my favorits.

Looking forward to see the progress of this

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Slayer you always seem to find the most interesting information/stories/articles about ancient civilizations. Haven't read the thread yet, just wanted to throw that out there.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Image from the article. Same source

I think the stonework of the site is some of the most amazing from an ancient civilization. I've always been fascinated with the site ever since I was a kid at the local library.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Thanks for this Slayer. Tsoukalos was the first to introduce me to Pumapunku and I am still enchanted with it to tell you the truth. I really hope they will find something amazing...

but we both know how that goes. I won't hold my breath.

edit on 8/16/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Funny, I was about to post him with the whole "Aliens" quote and you beat me to it.

So lets see, we have 4 possibilities...

1. Tomb

2. "Aliens"

3. Secret meeting place of the "Elites"

4. Sink hole or something...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
While that is cool a thought in the back of my head when I hear about new discoveries it is only a matter of time before those scientists release some killer plague.

Sorry and

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Cheers SLAYER69.

More exciting news coming out of this already mysterious site. It is very very cool. A room potentially built and buried on purpose, plus an unknown object.

HURRY UP AND GET A CAM DOWN THERE.

edit on 16-8-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I've always found the site to be incredibly interesting, and very mysterious. Awesome find, I hope we will hear more from this in the not-so-distant future.

Thanks Slayer, awesome post like usual. Will be keeping my eye on this one.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I would assume it will take quit sometime before they dig into it, or we hear anything more. Seems even when they do we don't hear for years what was discovered if we ever hear the half of it.

I would so love at least some part of the riddle of this amazing place to be solved!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I love these things, gets the imagination pumping. Of course I could care less if its a mundane thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/574b7d94e390.jpg[/atsimg]

A team of archaeologists using ground penetrating radar have found an underground chamber that could finally answer some of the mysteries of Pumapunku.

Using ground penetrating radar, a team of archaeologists have discovered a large underground anomaly that is only 60 feet from the Pumapunku foundation. The team believes that the anomaly is a man-made chamber versus a natural one and is the only one detected so far from the radar scans. Head archaeologist Domingo Mendoza stated that the team is convinced the chamber is most likely a tomb but there is no direct proof of this just yet.

In a statement to a local newspaper, head archaeologist Dr. Mendoza gave the following details of the discovery:

1. The anomaly found is approximately four feet underground and then goes to depth of 10-11 feet. (thereby making the height of the chamber 6-7 feet)

2. The chamber is approximately 12 feet in length and 5 feet in width and appears to be mostly empty.

3. The chamber appears to have steps leading into it but it does appear to have been filled in with something. (the team thinks rocks and loose soil were thrown in to block access to it)

4. The chamber does not have ground entrances to it and the very top of the chamber is 4 feet beneath the current ground level. (the team thinks the chamber was dugout and then purposely buried)

5. There appears to be something quite large at the end of the chamber that the team thinks could be a sarcophagus.

LightAssassin sent me this link and I thought many here would appreciate this story. Seems like a site that has been gone over many times and horribly rebuilt by the Government is about to give up a new discovery. One could only image what if anything they'll find. I wrote a thread on the site and the controversy surrounding its age.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery..., Well worth the time to read if you're interested in a little background info.

I hope they take all proper precautions to secure the location and any artifacts they may find. I'll try to keep on top of this story and follow up as more becomes available.

As always.. Stay tuned.

edit on 16-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Please do not quote the word underground anomoly, its too much like undersea anomoly, those baltic sea divers will be all over it in a minute, jkg, i love your threads slayer, cant wait to see where this goes F+s.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As you said, the site had been "reconstructed" before modern archeological methods.
If it is a tomb it might yield some undisturbed data about the people that built it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Still waiting for verification before I get too excited... but I am fully willing to accept it .. I've heard of underground chambers at other ancient locations.. this one is especially interesting since Pumapunku is more of a mystery ...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
While that is cool a thought in the back of my head when I hear about new discoveries it is only a matter of time before those scientists release some killer plague.

Sorry and

We can only hope that our surviving ancestors were genetically immune to said plague...and they passed the genes down to us.

Hope they find a fabled lost library before they find a plague.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
put a couple of young construction workers in there to shovel out the doorway. It'll be ready to open the door tomorrow.
The Archeologists will take six months to dig that stairway out at a cost of twenty grand..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
As you said, the site had been "reconstructed" before modern archeological methods.
If it is a tomb it might yield some undisturbed data about the people that built it.

That would be extremely valuable... since we know so little about that particular site ... Pumapunku remains one of my favorite locations..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Excellent post / info...

Does anyone know if they have made any recent advances in ground penetrating radar? Just curious that if they had if they have gone back to some of these known / explored sites and double checked them.

On a differnt level beyond archeology arent there suppose to be a hall of records somehwere in the Central / South American areas? I could have sworn there are suppose to be 3 of them on different continents.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

edit on 8/16/2012 by Klassified because: Redacted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join