It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Elections

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Actually, a lot has changed. Unemployment is down, the deficit is going down, there will be a surplus in 17/18 etc..

And the ironic thing is, they did it all at the level of cuts Labour proposed at the last election, yet Labour say it was too much. Labour also said we'd have a double dip recession - we didn't - and they also said the cuts would hamper our economy - it didn't, in fact, we're the fastest growing economy in Europe and the among the fastest of the developed nations.

Bottom line, Labour don't have a plan. Last week, Miliband said they'd cut the deficit, stop the cuts to spending and not raise taxes! Has he found a money tree then?

well if you really want to do some research into economics and performance you would soon realise that where we are now is where we should have been at the end of 2010 if Osbourne hadn't gone on his ideological crusade. Just look at the change in growth under brown from where he reversed the fall ( caused by the banks and not one banker in jail thanks to their friends the tories ) through to Q2 2010. Yes Q2 since you know fine well there is a lag between policy implementation and economic change. Osbourne spectacularily reversed a sharply increasing and improving economy.

But let's not let facts get in the way of belief!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cuts have absolutely NOTHING to do with reducing the defecit. It is purely ideological.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
All pensioners should be banned from voting. They sit in front of that TV in there hideously flowery armchairs, reeking of cat piss, eating custard creams, washing them down with a wee cup of tea, clicking their teeth and suck up everything and anything they are told. They are also racist.

Vote for me and i'll sort them oot. Auld Bastards.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: SilentE
Does it really make a difference who we vote for??

Yes if enough people stop voting for the two main parties

The system is corrupt from top to bottom.
They all work for the same puppet masters anyway.

I won't be voting.
Screw em'

So leaving the voting to the people who always vote for the norm. So you are self fulfilling prophecy!!!!!

Imo, the system is corrupt regardless of who is voted in. I believe voting is designed to make us think we have a say in all this. We're just slaves to our superiors. So no, I won't be voting.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Yep...it really is so tacky and cheap of the Tories to keep blaming Labour for the global financial crisis (which is what they do by blaming Labour for the state our economy got into after the crash)
And complete morons eat it up.
edit on 30/3/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Google 'Gordon Bowden' an ex RAF officer who has spent 13 years investigating corruption in your country uncovering Lords,Politicians,the Monarchy and corporations rorting billions and asset stripping your country,unfortunately he has given his information to the BBC so thats probably the end of it but the size and scope of it is available on the net,read it while you can because I have a feeling soon looking up this story all you will get is a trojan.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Labour also said we'd have a double dip recession - we didn't - and they also said the cuts would hamper our economy - it didn't

The Tories said The U.K. would maintain it's Triple A Credit Rating.....it didn't. The Tories said they wouldn't raise VAT...they did, The Tories said they would halve the deficit by the end of The Parliament....they haven't.

The Tories are a bigger bunch of liars as the rest of them.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A bit late to this party but just wanted to weigh in!

I strongly agree with the consensus here that the system is corrupt and desperately needs to change. However, with no sign of imminent revolution (and possessing few of the qualities required of a revolutionary myself
), within the current system I can have a sway so I refuse to waste my vote.

Surely nobody can deny the fundamental differences between the loyalties of the reds and the blues, and even if those differences are subtle in the grand scheme of things they still do make a huge difference to people's lives.

I would love to vote outside of the 2 big ones, however, I feel I must vote tactically in order to ensure my vote counts against the Tories so that's what I shall do.

I do happen to support my local labour MP, but even if I didn't, I would question a vote against her for the reasons I have given above. The tactic of voting out the bad apples would only have a chance of working if everyone was following this formula. They won't be so I have to make my vote count in the current climate.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

On the strength of this one post alone I'd seriously consider voting for you!

At present I'm undecided who to vote for.
I guess I'm what many would consider a traditional Labour voter; working class upbringing from a council estate in a North Eastern town.

But Labour are as equally riddled with elitists as the other party's, have some dreadful policies and Ed Miliband fills me with zero confidence.

The alternatives are even worse.

I've met my local MP a couple of times in social environments and she seems a well intentioned person.
She is also a local person with work experience outside of Parliament, something of a rarity nowadays.
She can come across as supercilious at times - it seems to go with the job - and whilst I don't agree with some of her voting record it is better than most and she appears relatively free from the expenses excesses that taint MP's as a whole, (I'm sure she'll have her little perks and fiddles, maybe she just hasn't been caught yet?).

The Tory candidate comes across as a complete twat but he does seem to be making a stance on open door immigration and has even criticised the current administration for the their complete unwillingness to do anything about it.
But I can't vote for a party that deliberately targets the most vulnerable and needy in our society whilst those at the top continue to earn obscene amounts of money.
Or a party that actively seeks to increase the divide between the have's and have not's.
Or a party that try's to portray itself as the party of Law and Order and Defence whilst severely reducing the numbers and effectiveness of our Police and Armed Forces.

I can't really support any individual party as I don't agree with the majority of what each of them promote in their relative manifesto's.

I could detail a long list of the policies and specific area's of concern that I personally would like to see addressed.
But I guess that's for me to judge each candidate by and select the best fit - I just fear 'the best fit' will be pretty damned poor.

The North East is a heathen wilderness as far as The Tories are concerned.
The Labour Party takes it for granted.
None of them offer us anything of substance.

I'd vote SNP if I could.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Dont know about "dissolution" but our Government, for want of a better word, has been disillusioned for sometime.

Its all sham anyway, our vote counts for nothing. And lets face it who wants to keep pedophile harbourers in power.

Scrolling through the replies this one hit the nail on the head in my eyes. People will probably scream at me for what I'm going to say.. But hey we are entitled to our own opinions (for now)

I'm a 30 year old male from the UK and have only ever voted once in my life. My ex girlfriend who was into politics use to go crazy at me 'your vote counts' blah blah blah 'you can't moan about the country or how it's run if you don't vote' blah blah blah she would never accept my views especially being into conspiracies.

The way I see it (could be wrong) my vote counts for diddly squat. As far as I'm concerned they already know how the country is going to be ran in the next few years and do I honestly believe that whatever party gets power that they are going to change things ... Yeh like fudge are they

And now after all the child abuse scum news you hear I no longer have any respect for any politician. For a whole establishment to cover up, lie and make evidence disappear I find absolutely appalling and the fact that with these serious allegations no one seems to be treating it seriously. Therefore I no longer give a rats back side about this country or who runs it because at the end of the day they are all as bent and controlled as each other. I refuse to vote for anyone that covers up paedophilia which put it this way is everyone in parliment and royalty.

So stuff the election stuff my vote and stuff the monsters who suposidily run this country. This is very sad to say but I long for the day my body and soul leave this planet
edit on 30-3-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'd vote SNP if I could.

Come on up, we have plenty of room and I've just put the kettle on.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Due to be in Glasgow in a few weeks time.

Was supposed to be up there a couple of weeks ago to see SLF but something cropped up.
Might also be up there at the end of May for Barraloadsasoul.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: stumason

Unemployment is down because 0-hour contracts are up!

That's not improvement...

That's a band aid on a gash!

Besides, millions are still unemployed, we still wonder how to pay our debts & insecurity for families is rife...

So none of the things he tried to claim improvements on have changed in the slightest!
Its the biggest con in employment figure history. if you added up the hours worked by those on zero hour contracts it would only add up to 20% of the hours that would make up full time jobs. Some people only work a few hours in any one week and others 1 week a month or 2 days a week. Its a joke and a lie. In real terms that have not reduced the unemployment figures!

F.ck the tories. Accept Labour as best option available. At least their austerity will be more balanced. They are cutting the cost of tution fees for students even when things are bad. So that's something.

We are all paying today in one way or another because of M Thatcher.

No council homes for our kids is a disgrace!

Investment is needed in big infrastructure projects (translport etc) and Government house building (300,000). All this would provide 1m jobs. A demand for materials and products etc. restrict the supply to domestic companies etc. Its not rocket science. I sent an email to Milly about how to address the problem and I got a reply. Who knows he might take some bits on board.

I also said that long term infractructure planing and projects should be taken out of the Gov remit and an independent boy set up to manage a 25 year plan. because whilst Govs change and change plans they will never get it right!

Thatcher is dead.

Thank god.

Yes she done some massive damage.

But Blair and Brown did not fix things between 1997-2010
They just brought the UK wars, loss of border control, more Unregulated banks and masses of Bureaucracy.

Dont you get it? Labour or Tory its irreverent in the grand picture. They both have there share of really # MP's

The aim is to remove the crap MP's from office in BOTH partys.

Would you rather vote for a Local labour MP in your constituency even if they were neck deep in scandals, voted for the Iraq war and were pro lobbyists just keep a Tory MP out of number 10?

If you are then your just a guilty for the crap the UK has suffered.

Of course I dont know your labour MP and if he/she if a upstanding member of parliament then please vote for them.
But don't vote for them purely because they wear a red badge!
There is no alternative! best of the worst! And they are all poor!

You failed to grasp my point.
*sigh"

You did not answer my question, are you going to vote for your local MP based on the colour of his badge and not his/her ability to do there job?

If MPs are doing piss poor jobs in both party's then vote them out. That way you can transform the party's to better quality.

PM position in itself is not that big a deal. They have limited executive powers. There powers lay in the MP's that support them.

If you vote for labour candidate in your area that is a known lobbyist shill, warmonger or scandal whore just to stop a tory entry YOU are responsible for breaking the country!

Same the other way round for a tory. If they are a lobbyist shill, warmonger or scandal whore vote them out.

Do you even know who your local MP is? Share?

If your going to vote purely on the badge colour of your local MP then dont complain if Britain continues down the toilet.

Not voting because out of the country at the moment! Does that answer your question!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn looked barraloadofsoul up as hadn't heard of that before, sounds a good night. If you haven't been to the barras before its a great venue. Just don't fall foul of the security, getting chucked down the stairs really hurts (apparently)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I don't know if I'm working that weekend yet so haven't bought tickets yet.

Been to Barrowlands a couple of times a few years ago.
I don't think throwing me down the stairs will be something the bouncers will choose to do, at least not without me giving them due cause to....and I certainly don't plan to do that.

Going up there in a few weeks time just to have a catch up with a couple of mates.....obviously over a few beers etc.
I'm not sure yet whether we are driving up and stopping over night or getting the train.
No matter what I know we'll have a great time....I doubt the upcoming election will be on the agenda, at least not until a few drinks have been consumed!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
As someone who is severely disabled I'm forced to vote Labour in order to keep the Tories out. I'd be dead within a few days of the blue scum removing my carers allowance and slashing DLA.

I paid into the system all my life and was made disabled by a hit and run, why should Tory scum rob my money and give it to banks or hs2? Labour aren't much better but at least they don't call the worst off scum and put hundreds of thousands in food banks. My local Labour MP has rasied several questions for me in the House and on the cross parliamentary committee for arms sales, so while I don't agree with him a lot of times he still does his job and reporesents local constituents.

Being from the North, none of the parties could care anyless about us though, so whoever we vote for we're just going to see more cuts and more money sent to London/The City.

If I had a free vote instead I'd go for greens though, they have a few barmy policies and members but they're the only party resembling a democracy or society.
edit on 30-3-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Yes our conservative government in Australia is doing a wondrous Robber Baron job from the unemployed youth right through to pensioners old,disabled or other meanwhile corporations like Google and Amazon pay no tax in this country.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Heh...

Do you know what? Given that I have to vote for someone, and given that at least if there is better representation for Scotland in our parliament, that will mean closer and better relations between the government of the UK and the Scottish people, it just might be worth a look at them, just to keep the numbers on the other sides of the house down. Thats not a half bad idea Freeborn!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I got so desperate and fed up I did this. I'm not expecting it to change anything because at this point; even sending an email is more than most people can be bothered to do but if anybody does decide to support it or spread the word, thank you!

opensourceidealism.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

stating that this general election will be the most important in a generation

I can show you video evidence of him saying that during the last election campaign!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Talk about over-selling something - there was a single quarter where growth stalled, immediately followed by 3 full quarters of growth.

You're also ignoring the 5 consecutive quarters of contraction from Q2 2008 - Q2 2009 not long before, under Browns esteemed guidance, which saw our economy totally derail with no plan on how to deal with it or the now massive deficit. Not to mention your forgetting that merely months before the whole thing imploded, Brown - upon accepting the Labour leadership - proudly spoke of his record as Chancellor and how he "ended Boom and Bust"...

And depending on how you like your figures massaged, the deficit has fallen by 51% in relation to it's share of GDP, or 41% in real terms..

But lets not let "facts get in the way of belief", hey?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join