It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess the MSM thinks Americans are too stupid for news

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
At least thats what you have to wonder about. Its either that or they are purposely keeping the news from us. Hey no surprise there right? This is just a taste of what passes for news in the US vs elsewhere in the world.Take a look.

www.dailykos.com...

Wonder why are younger people are tuned out? Not really.This isn't news in any shape.This is nonsense they are feeding us. This is why I don't pay any attention to the MSM anymore. I find it hard to even use to back up a point really.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Dimithae because: misspelled word

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Control mass media and you control public opinion. (And I don't mean Obama, this has been going on for quite a while)

:/

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

A battleground of agendas aimed at a population percentage in order to influence them, too many don't even know it

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
At least thats what you have to wonder about. Its either that or they are purposely keeping the news from us. Hey no surprise there right? This is just a taste of what passes for news in the US vs elsewhere in the world.Take a look.

www.dailykos.com...

Wonder why are younger people are tuned out? Not really.This isn't news in any shape.This is nonsense they are feeding us. This is why I don't pay any attention to the MSM anymore. I find it hard to even use to back up a point really.

I saw this a few years back, thanks for bringing it up again! It really shows a difference in standards.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Don't worry.

Everything is under Full control since 1917.

CFR JP MORGAN CHASE BAILOUT THE NWO NOT NEW 1917

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Corporate Presstitutes is all they are.

America's longest War is ongoing and when do you here a peep about it. Find out who owns the Media. I think most of the News Readers don't even know how much they are Traitors to the Country.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Time magazine is the MSM? Does anyone int he US read it anymore? I got to wondering and looked here:
Magazine subscriptions aroudn the world

Check out whats hot in Russia. I thought it was interesting. I don't think Time means much in the US, hasn't in years. They are pretty Left wing imo. I found another wiki list that i thought was interesting: Have to say, OP is wrong but it led to intersting learning. Start and flag for you for that.

List of Political Magazines

V

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Why would you want to read about serious crap while waiting in the doctors office lobby?
That is all Time is good for, and the only place people come in contact with it over here.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What I see is Time pandering to what they think will sell the most copies and make the most money.

Are the articles inside completely different or just the covers? That's more interesting to me than what's on the cover. I think there's a saying along those lines, isn't there?

Time draws up covers for the U.S. that cater to "first world problems." Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

Though you may not agree with me, I am glad that you got something of value to you out of my post anyway. This is just showing what Time does, I have to wonder about the other ones. What are they changing for overseas copies?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if you "subscribe" to Time or watch CNN the message is the same droll. If you go to the doctor, wait in the checkout, or wander by the break room at work, there you find it, boring you to death while the real stories go underreported or outright lied about.

Theres your sign…

Witness a recent example. When the news broke about Saudis bombing Yemen, what was everyone focused on? Another plane crash.

By design…

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
It doesn't matter if you "subscribe" to Time or watch CNN the message is the same droll. If you go to the doctor, wait in the checkout, or wander by the break room at work, there you find it, boring you to death while the real stories go underreported or outright lied about.

Theres your sign…

Witness a recent example. When the news broke about Saudis bombing Yemen, what was everyone focused on? Another plane crash.

By design…

This was from 9 hours ago, they are not hiding it very well.

Threat of ground incursion from Saudi Arabia looms over Yemen

Source CNN

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
When I have a slow day at work I cruise the major news sites: MSN, CNN and Fox. If I have time after that, I start hitting CBS, ABC. It's depressing that by now I can tell more or less which site produced a story based on how it's written - the ranking of facts in the story and the spin they are presented with.

There is no such thing as "just the facts" and don't let anyone tell you there ever was, but if you're willing to do a whole lot of reading the same thing, you might be able to fill in some blanks between what the different sites do and don't say.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
One web site that does a good job on comparing how msm reports the news is Media Lens www.medialens.org... Anyone following or trying to keep up with the mis/dis/information will notice the harmony of which western msm report . So it's just a matter of flipping the story 180% from what they are saying and you will at least be in the neighborhood of the truth .

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Oh, it's not so much that. They do tell the truth when it comes to reporting on the facts they report. The trick is to see what they're not reporting and learn how to ask yourself why that is.

Like the unemployment numbers.

When it comes to Russia/Ukraine/US. I don't trust any of it all the way. The US is not evil and neither is Russia, but no one is saintly, either. There are too many people who want to believe it's all the fault of the West with no fault of the East, and that misses the boat. I think the East saw a huge opportunity with a leadership vacuum and they did take advantage of it. I also think the West made missteps along the way because our leadership is just that incompetent right now.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It could be that the west got duped by a middle eastern country and have no way of getting out of it .

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
What I see is Time pandering to what they think will sell the most copies and make the most money.

Are the articles inside completely different or just the covers? That's more interesting to me than what's on the cover. I think there's a saying along those lines, isn't there?

Time draws up covers for the U.S. that cater to "first world problems." Imagine that.

Covers are changed the article will be inside with the same cover. What it is they are marketing to women by far the largest buyer of magazines.

So in other words this is just a sad attempt to bash western media and one more thing for the op Time isn't really main stream media. They are not a news organization unless you meant MSN and got confused. But Time is part of time Warner they are for entertainment not news.
edit on 3/29/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
When I have a slow day at work I cruise the major news sites: MSN, CNN and Fox. If I have time after that, I start hitting CBS, ABC. It's depressing that by now I can tell more or less which site produced a story based on how it's written - the ranking of facts in the story and the spin they are presented with.

There is no such thing as "just the facts" and don't let anyone tell you there ever was, but if you're willing to do a whole lot of reading the same thing, you might be able to fill in some blanks between what the different sites do and don't say.

Same sort of thing happened to me one day at a restaurant.
It was a tiny Chinese place with "the news"
playing on a TV set behind me.

They were discussing the weather around the US,
it was a snowy day, and then some other non-political stuff.
I had my back to the set and hadn't looked at it.

I said to my companion, "that's MSNBC isn't it?"
My companion said yes. I knew because
they managed to make snowstorms, car accidents and
something else non-political into far left liberal progressive propaganda.

It would have been funny, if it weren't so tragic.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So in other words this is just a sad attempt to bash western media and one more thing for the op Time isn't really main stream media. They are not a news organization unless you meant MSN and got confused. But Time is part of time Warner they are for entertainment not news. edit on 3/29/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Oh I didn't know that CNN is not a news channel. Could of swore they were. And they are owned by Time Warner as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Like in the rest of the world .. news in the u.s is nothing more than state propaganda with little to no reflection of reality ... slaves arent meant to know whats really going on in the world ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join