It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

If the Earth and Moon are flat, is Saturn also flat? If so, how do the rings work, which we see at various angles from face on to edge on ....

That's an ancient Chinese secret.

Well maybe it's only the Earth that's flat while all the other planets formed to what we see today...anything's possible I guess.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: doorhandle

Thanks for the positive comment

I am glad you find the thread fun, I know some others have as well.

I don't think anyone at the Flat Earth society actually believes it is flat

I don't know about that, but I do know the guy in the videos in my OP believes the earth is flat.
What set me of looking at the flat earth theory was questioning what we are told is true, and I find the theory very interesting and it does pose some very thought privoking questions at times I have found.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In one off my earlier posts HERE, I talk about how one has to look at the Sun and Moon whilst researching the flat earth theories.

Anyway if anyone else has looked into the flat earth theories one would know that there is alot of debate regarding the Sun, and many theories regarding the flat earth in our history and to this day claim that the Sun is not as big or as far away as modern sience would have us believe.

Now of course, as all of you know and as I am also aware, there is alot of information to be found regarding the Sun etc which is presented to us by modern sience, but as I have mentioned many times in this thread, if one is to look at the flat earth theory one has to look at everything.

So with that said, on my path of research I came across a very interesting experiment done by a person, were he is analyzing a video from a high altitude ballon, that seems to catch an apparent "sunspot" on the clouds, which is his claim. Others seem to think it is just a reflection.

Here is the video.

This is a video analyzing a video called: DogCam flies to the edge of space 110,000ft on a balloon! It's a high altitude weather balloon that catches some video of the sun and the apparent "sunspot" on the top of the clouds that many think is the sun's reflection, but I show that it is not a reflection but a "sunspot" due to the sun's close proximity to the clouds. In other words, it looks like the sun is much closer and much smaller than we may have believed. My experiment shows that it is a "sunspot" and not a reflection.

Now after looking at the video a few times mlyself and also looking at his first version of of his experiment as well a few times which you can find HERE, I will say I think IMO, he brings up a good observation and points.
I also tried out his little experiment myself here at home, which he performs, and I am able to reproduce what he was able to do as well.

In no way am i saying this is proof that the Sun is smaller and nearer to earth than what we are told, but when I look at the video, and the alledged sunspot on the clould, I am not seeing any movement at all? which off course leaves one to ask the question once again why?

For them people interested in this topic, here is the orginal dogcam video as well, and you can see the footage used in the video above at the 4:21 mark

Thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
If the Earth and Moon are flat, is Saturn also flat? If so, how do the rings work, which we see at various angles from face on to edge on ....

Well from my understanding when looking into the flat earth theories, they have a few theories when it comes to planets, and stars.
Some theories claim that there is not planets or starts and what we are looking at is a projection.
Other theories claim that there is no planets just stars and that is what people are seeing.

As I have mentioned before in this thread, that is one off the big pitfalls off the flat earth theories as I see it, that to make such claims as I mentioned above then everything that we have been shown or told regarding space as we know it would have to have been faked, which is a very big leap to take, even for someone that is skeptical regarding what we are told about the space agaencies around the world, were we live and our place in this universe.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

That Dog Cam video is perfect. There is absolutely no curvature of the earth on that video. At nearly 22 mile above the earth's surface, clearly there would be curvature on that video if the 6 mile rule where true. What would NASA do without the Fish Eye lens on all of their camera's. That simple trick is to blame for all of their footage. When Felix Baumgartner made his famous free fall jump from the edge of space, the only camera Text outfitted with a Fish Eye Lens was the one behind his chair in the pod. It clearly shows 0 curvature. Its also intriguing that there is not one picture taken from space that shows stars. Even testimony from Astronauts validates that.

One of my long time friends is a Surveyor. I asked him if he took in account for the curvature of the earth when he does his work. His reply was a big negative.

At the center is the sun, an invisible electro-magnetic battery in the form of a helix, rotating on a 24 hour cycle. It also has a precessional movement of 24,000 years, accounting for the precession of the equinoxes. (Teed certainly tries to make this a model capable of explaining everything.) With the sun at the center, it is one of the few cosmological models that is both heliocentric and geocentric! [The other is the Gillespian theory.]

Light travels in curved paths.
We do not see the sun directly; its rays bend by refraction and "focalize" twice. We see the second focalization at the top of our atmosphere.

In this universe, light rays take curved paths to reach the Earth. Such paths are clearly required to agree with the observed apparent differences in position of the sun in the sky at different places on Earth.

The sun is half dark, half light, and its rotation gives the illusion of sunrises and sunsets, night and day and seasonal variations in the apparent position of the sun. The back, or "dark" side, of the sun emits light from many points at which energy is generated. These focalize and are seen as the stars.

Due to turbulence and aberrations in the atmospheres the focalizations of light are sometimes imperfect or blurred. These appear as nebulae. Comets are reflections of the sun's rays through lenticular reflections and refractions from belts of tiny crystals around the central solar sphere. The sun is like a huge eye, with an iris. The iris is visible only when the atmosphere has refractive prismatic influences. Then we see the sun's iris as a rainbow.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon

Well from my understanding when looking into the flat earth theories, they have a few theories when it comes to planets, and stars.
Some theories claim that there is not planets or starts and what we are looking at is a projection.
Other theories claim that there is no planets just stars and that is what people are seeing.

How about this for a theory: The sun + planets are enclosed in a hollow sphere, and the "stars" are just holes in said sphere, with outer light shining through...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: clarktron
"One of my long time friends is a Surveyor. I asked him if he took in account for the curvature of the earth when he does his work. His reply was a big negative."

What type of survey does he do? (Highway, Industrial Construction, etc.)
edit on 8-4-2015 by pfishy because: The homework ate my dog.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
"The sun is half dark, half light, and its rotation gives the illusion of sunrises and sunsets, night and day and seasonal variations in the apparent position of the sun. The back, or "dark" side, of the sun emits light from many points at which energy is generated. These focalize and are seen as the stars.

Due to turbulence and aberrations in the atmospheres the focalizations of light are sometimes imperfect or blurred. These appear as nebulae. Comets are reflections of the sun's rays through lenticular reflections and refractions from belts of tiny crystals around the central solar sphere. The sun is like a huge eye, with an iris. The iris is visible only when the atmosphere has refractive prismatic influences. Then we see the sun's iris as a rainbow."

Ok, I have a few questions for you regarding this.
If the sun is half light and half dark, and day/night are due to its rotation, why can we not see a terminator between light and dark as it approaches night?
If nebulae are merely due to atmospheric distortion, why are they constant in appearance, as the atmosphere moves and the distortion effects would have to move with it?
If the stars are indeed what you say them to be, how do we see things such as supernovae, and detect the gamma and x-ray radiation from them?
And would you please explain the rainbow theory in a bit more detail? I cannot grasp how that would work from the brief explanation you gave.

Oh, and there are literally thousands of pictures of stars taken from space. It's pretty much what space telescopes do. The reason you don't see them in, say, a picture of the day side of the Earth, is because the amount of light received by the film (originally) or the CCD from the planet washes them out. It is the exact same reason that you cannot see as many stars in a well lit area as in a dark area. Or when the moon is full.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short
It is a theory that is for sure

Personally, if one was to believe that all that we are told about space, the stars planets etc is a lie, then I would be lead to believe that we would have no understanding or would even be able to comprehend what might be possible or what is. IMO.

IMO it would just come down to belief. Which is pretty much were we are now is it not?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Lazarus Short
It is a theory that is for sure

Personally, if one was to believe that all that we are told about space, the stars planets etc is a lie, then I would be lead to believe that we would have no understanding or would even be able to comprehend what might be possible or what is. IMO.

IMO it would just come down to belief. Which is pretty much were we are now is it not?

Almost every comment you have made in the last few pages references "what we are told about". There is nothing stopping YOU telling YOURSELF about simple, cheap experiments that could prove to you that the earth is not flat.

What is there to gain by being "told" lies about space, the earth, planets, stars? What could "they" possibly achieve ?
edit on 10-4-2015 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
OP, unless you're talking about The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman then no, the world isn't literally flat. But it is flat in terms of digital communications and so-forth.

In fact, recently we've learned that the old Spanish and French explorers didn't even think that the world was flat. They knew it was round. Because it is--if you've ever flown on a plane or been in a boat on the ocean then you know it's, too. We don't live in a Terry Prachett Diskworld okay? lol
edit on 10-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms

Almost every comment you have made in the last few pages references "what we are told about". There is nothing stopping YOU telling YOURSELF about simple, cheap experiments that could prove to you that the earth is not flat.

I also tried out his little experiment myself here at home, which he performs, and I am able to reproduce what he was able to do as well.

From HERE a few posts up.

Living in Sweden I have had the chance on many occasions, to travel to the north off Sweden and I have witnessed myself the midnight sun

From the previous page which you can find HERE

So as you can see in the "last few pages" I HAVE made references to cheap experiments I can do myself.
both which produce more questions than answers. Plus I have made references to other experiments that contradict what we are told, none off which prove the earth is a globe.

What is there to gain by being "told" lies about space, the earth, planets, stars? What could "they" possibly achieve ?

I have also asked that question myself in this thread, and also asked what would warrant such a lie with so many layers for such a long time over such a long time.

As I have commented many times as well I find this topic very interesting.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Hello rukia, if you took the time to read this thread and if this topic was off interest to you then you would know I have addressed most of your comments you have made in your post.

To address your comment:

n fact, recently we've learned that the old Spanish and French explorers didn't even think that the world was flat. They knew it was round.

How old? what time period are you refering too? becuase, also what has been addressed in this thread as well, is that only for the last 500+ years has there been a big push to intrduce the globe model for this planet, but prior to that for 4500 years, the flat earth model was used and widely believed.

The question I ask is why? what changed for example in 1500 that made them start to push the globe model? That question I have also posed in this thread as well and researched.

Off course like me you are entitled to your opinion, but IMO, there are many holes and unexplained thing in the globe model as much as the flat earth model I have found when researching this topic.

Thanks
edit on 11/4/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
As anyone would know who is interested in the flat earth theories, one off the big questions, is seasons, how do you explain the season with a flat earth model?

Whilst looking into this I came across a new good video in my opinion,that demonstrates what I had found out, that address the seasons, and also shadows etc, See below:

I have posted another video from this user in an earlier thread, and as per my comments in that post, it can be a bit hard to grab the concept off what he is trying to show as he uses 3d modelling with light sources, but for those people familiar with 3d then it should not be a problem to see what the user is suggesting.

Once again, the more i research this topic and look at both side, the globe model which is presented and the flat earth theories, I am starting to see allot of inconsistencies regarding what we are told and what is actually going on.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Could this be "The Grand Deception", I often wonder while researching this topic. All the pieces to the puzzle could be falling into place with this. What if the "secret" of the secret societies is this knowledge. It kind of ties in with the free mason's "architect", the pyramid with the all seeing eye, winged disc carvings, Solomon's Seal etc... If the roman catholic started the globe movement 500+ yrs ago, sending out Jesuit Missions promoting and teaching our globe theory, only strengthens my opinion in this deception. I dove pretty deep into this in the last few months, the evidence is overwhelming. I had to stop thinking about it for a while, to save my head(&marriage) . Its a very HEAVY subject. Every time i come back to it, i feel more normal or open to the theory. To me this is the Ultimate Conspiracy Theory, linking every other viable conspiracy theory to this one. Religion, Space, Aliens, Freemasons, Illuminati, Science. Out of all of these theories, the way people react to you when you tell them the earth "might be" flat takes the cake. If the flat earth model is the truth, we (the 99.9%ers) will never know until we move on to the next plain.....soul remain.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I hear what you are saying totally, after 25 years reseaching Conspiracies, it seems to me that allot off them lead to the question, is that what has been hidden from us? Does it run that deep and that long, that the actual world we live on is not what we have been told it is?
It sure would be the mother of all Conspiracies.

Pretty much in your post above I have looked into and I have asked the same questions.

The more I look into the flat earth theories, the more questions I have.

What suprises me personally the most, after all the years I never even thoguht about looking into it as deeply as I have of recent, which then makes me think why?

I have looked into everything else without question, why did I not touch this theory ?

Programming at it best, is all i can come up with at the moment

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Hello Sir,

My friend works with his father. His Father has been surveying for over 40 years and he himself for around 20. I remember one summer that they were surveying the county for USGS topographic maps. Contracted by the USGS. Obviously they have done land surveying for parcels, homes, road construction.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
strange how just two words 'flat earth' can generate so much typing, if people want to believe its flat, okay, no harm done, at least the rest of the population can be happy that they are not going to fall of the edge.
Ahhh, the edge, what stops the oceans from waterfalling over the edge? what keeps the atmosphere down? is the flat earth 12,000 miles deep to produce enough gravity?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
strange how just two words 'flat earth' can generate so much typing, if people want to believe its flat, okay, no harm done, at least the rest of the population can be happy that they are not going to fall of the edge.
Ahhh, the edge, what stops the oceans from waterfalling over the edge? what keeps the atmosphere down? is the flat earth 12,000 miles deep to produce enough gravity?

Both your points regarding water falling off the edge off the earth and also gravity have been addressed in this thread Though i will add, I amgoing to expand a bit more later on what I have researched regarding gravity and the flat earth theories.

If you go back a page or 2 you will see a post showing a map that is widely used by those that follow or believe in the flat earth theory.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

As anyone would know who is interested in the flat earth theories, one off the big questions, is seasons, how do you explain the season with a flat earth model?

Whilst looking into this I came across a new good video in my opinion,that demonstrates what I had found out, that address the seasons, and also shadows etc, See below:

I have posted another video from this user in an earlier thread, and as per my comments in that post, it can be a bit hard to grab the concept off what he is trying to show as he uses 3d modelling with light sources, but for those people familiar with 3d then it should not be a problem to see what the user is suggesting.

Once again, the more i research this topic and look at both side, the globe model which is presented and the flat earth theories, I am starting to see allot of inconsistencies regarding what we are told and what is actually going on.

Peace.

Yeah....Another good video, although i couldn`t grasp it fully, i see a few good points in it.
Some of it really does seem to fit in with the flat earth model that most are looking at.

Like most people i just can`t see why we would need to be lied to but it just looks so plausible going by what Mark Sargent is offering and videos like the one`s you`ve posted in this thread.
I too am finding myself looking more into it and frequently coming back here to check on this thread as its still holding up.

Great thread !

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join