It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guide to the FLAT EARTH

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

They say a word to the wise is sufficient. This picture is worth more than a thousand words.

Don't let the curvature of the Earth get your tongue now.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

They say a word to the wise is sufficient. This picture is worth more than a thousand words.

It's not a "picture" - it's a map, and does NOT show the curvature of the Earth.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short
Loosen up a bit and observe: Picture

You don't see the curvature represented in that image? Perhaps you have a better explanation to account for the dark side of the planet? I'd love to see a flat Earth map that could explain the dark and light portions at any given time and maintain accurate distances between points around the world.

Remember to account for the inability to view Polaris from the Southern hemisphere and the Southern Cross from above 25 (?) degrees North, for starters.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I believe in my share of conspiracy theories, but I don't see how anyone could believe this.

We have ample evidence mostly made of of common sense and physics. Look through a telescope. See any square shaped bodies out there? Didn't think so.

Also, it is really easy to prove the world is not flat. In fact it has been proven over and over again. All you have to do is go in one direction around the Earth and you will be back at the same spot eventually. If it was flat, wouldn't SOMEONE have found the edge of the Earth by now?

Not much more you can say really.
edit on 14-4-2015 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar

Of course not. Not to mention that anyone can see the curvature of the Earth firsthand from a plane, a ship at sea, a hot air balloon, atop a mountain, or even from the top of some large buildings. But hey, if some folks want to bury their head in the sand and believe the Earth is flat, more power to them. Let's just hope they don't breed.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roncoallstar
I believe in my share of conspiracy theories, but I don't see how anyone could believe this.

We have ample evidence mostly made of of common sense and physics. Look through a telescope. See any square shaped bodies out there? Didn't think so.

Also, it is really easy to prove the world is not flat. In fact it has been proven over and over again. All you have to do is go in one direction around the Earth and you will be back at the same spot eventually. If it was flat, wouldn't SOMEONE have found the edge of the Earth by now?

Not much more you can say really.

Hello,

Everything that you mentioned above has been addressed in this thread, some points a number off times.

I have even addressed myself, the reason why I only recently started looking into the flat earth theories.

It is not for everbody, but what I can say IMO, is that anyone that does look into properly, and not just a fleeting glance, will find that you will find more questions than answers.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thank you for the link, I have researched the accepted model regarding seasons already.
As I have mentioned many times now in this thread, I look at both side of the coins

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

Thank you.

I am glad you are finding the thread interesting.

Agreed some of the ideas are a bit tricky to get ones head around for sure.

I keep finding more questions than answers.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The Earth is mostly likely flat with a dome over it.

Here is a news clipping about it:
Scientists Find a Huge, Star Trek-esque Invisible Dome Around Earth

www.fromquarkstoquasars.com...

exerpt:

Scientists Find a Huge, Star Trek-esque Invisible Dome Around Earth Posted on November 27, 2014 by Jaime Trosper in News, Physics Over the last decade or so, scientists have learned that the Earth is more complex than we ever imagined. There is an underground “ocean” tucked deep within Earth’s interior, life all the way at the bottom of the deepest oceanic abyss, large and mysterious holes that pop up out of nowhere, and a number of other things (the list goes on and on, really). As fascinating as all of these geological things are, what we can’t see might be even better.

imagery from NOAA’s Environmental Visualization Laboratory. Now, a team of researchers from the University of Colorado, Boulder have added another new thing to the list. In addition to the magnetic portals connecting Earth to the Sun, the huge bubble of dead star guts (which technically encompasses our entire solar system), and a (theoretical) halo of dark matter, Earth also appears to be surrounded by an invisible dome (*cue creepy music*), extending well over 7,200 miles above Earth’s surface. Like our atmosphere and magnetic field, this newly-discovered ‘structure’ strategically shields Earth from dangerous particles, including “killer electrons” that whip around the planet at relativistic speeds (or speeds comparable to that of light). Despite the fact that WE are protected from them, it’s well known that they pose serious danger to astronauts and other space-based equipment. It’s also believed that the barrier is tied to the Van Allen belts — the two, doughnut-shaped rings of high-energy radiation encircling Earth.

The entire thing can be read on the link above.

“The latest mystery revolves around an “extremely sharp” boundary at the inner edge of the outer belt at roughly 7,200 miles in altitude that appears to block the ultrafast electrons from breeching the shield and moving deeper towards Earth’s atmosphere.” “It’s almost like theses electrons are running into a glass wall in space,” said Baker, the study’s lead author. “Somewhat like the shields created by force fields on Star Trek that were used to repel alien weapons, we are seeing an invisible shield blocking these electrons. It’s an extremely puzzling phenomenon.”

edit on 4/15/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read.

I am curious, how would you link "Scientists Find a Huge, Star Trek-esque Invisible Dome Around Earth" to a flat earth theory?

Thanks

edit on 15/4/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

It proves that the Earth is really just one big snow globe on some aliens mantle piece

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"I am curious, how would you link "Scientists Find a Huge, Star Trek-esque Invisible Dome Around Earth" to a flat earth theory? "

I am pretty sure that would be referring to the "Firmament".

The firmament is the sky, conceived as a solid dome. According to Genesis, God created the firmament to separate the "waters above" the earth from those below.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon

Thank you for the link, I have researched the accepted model regarding seasons already.
As I have mentioned many times now in this thread, I look at both side of the coins

Give this side of the coin more than a passing glance.

The link wasn't to show seasons. It gives a visual representation of what TrueBrit explained to you earlier www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you are truly interested in the truth, you could easily put this 'theory' to rest by actually looking at the evidence.

You will also be able to figure out at what latitude you are on Earth, because Polaris' altitude, or height above the horizon, is equal to an observer's latitude.

If you measure up to Polaris with your fists and find that it is 45' above the horizon, you now know that your latitude is 45' north of the equator. If you were standing at the equator (0' latitude) looking north, the North Star would be right on the horizon, or 0' altitude. As you move north and your latitude increases, Polaris' altitude also increases. But if you pass south of the equator, the North Star will no longer be visible and you'll need to check a map to find your latitude!
www.onr.navy.mil...

The above could not be true if the Earth were flat. Is there anything there you don't understand?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here you go a video for the flat Earth thinkers.

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
a reply to: awareness10

Thanks for the link, it was an interesting read.

I am curious, how would you link "Scientists Find a Huge, Star Trek-esque Invisible Dome Around Earth" to a flat earth theory?

Thanks

Don, i will honestly say I don't know for sure, but from what i've seen i'm more on the side of the flat/semi rounded earth. Take the United Nations emblem for example, it does not show the Arctic on their map, and their map is flat. Why? I love to ask questions because, the answers are seldom complete or inaccurate and never wet my appetite. I need more!

Therefore i Question Everything until i feel i have an adequate answer. And, if that answer is more on the flat earth side vs the round one then so be it, if people don't like that they can go fly a kite.

I don't trust much these days. 'Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see', as the saying goes.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Loosen up a bit and observe: Picture

You don't see the curvature represented in that image? Perhaps you have a better explanation to account for the dark side of the planet? I'd love to see a flat Earth map that could explain the dark and light portions at any given time and maintain accurate distances between points around the world.

Remember to account for the inability to view Polaris from the Southern hemisphere and the Southern Cross from above 25 (?) degrees North, for starters.

Thanks for the link, as if I didn't know what a picture was, but I do. You posted a picture, which may, or may not, represent reality. For the rest of it, can we really know what our home looks like from inside it? No, we need to go out to the yard, turn around and look it over. It's much like hearing your own voice for the first time from a good tape recorder - when I did, I was shocked. "Is my voice really that nasal?" Just for the record, I don't really care if the Earth is round or flat. Its true form may be neither...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, as if I didn't know what a picture was, but I do. You posted a picture, which may, or may not, represent reality.

Kind of funny how before I posted the link that you say you didn't need you claimed it was NOT a picture.

Just for the record, I don't really care if the Earth is round or flat. Its true form may be neither...

Well, would you care to discuss it? That's what we do here. If not then there's no need for your post.

You can't supply a plausible answer to my previous questions to you, so now you "don't care"? Is that about right?

ETA: Try to understand this one thing. You jumped in (which of course is fine, public forum for group discussion) to correct me on two points. You admitted you were wrong on the first point (respect to ya) and if you can't produce a plausible explanation for the illuminated vs the dark areas of the planet in a flat Earth scenario, then you were wrong on both counts. How happy SHOULD I be with you at the moment?

A spherical shape explains the light/dark areas.
edit on 15-4-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I find it interesting that people who don't agree with any given 'theory' come off as rude and ridiculing, those are the true trolls. Is the question or information so catastrophic that it's crashing your paradigm mainframe so much that you must resort to ignorant mud slinging, God forbid some agree that holographic reality and elitist media/science deception is a viable circumstance, how is it so unbelievable to think the earth is any shape? Maybe we live in a dream, maybe a petri dish...Why are you even on this site? Conspiracy is theory, as theory is non-fact...and facts, who knows, NO ONE. Get off your high horse and go post elsewhere about the things you believe instead of poo pooing everyone else that doesn't fit your mold of understanding.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IHearYouListening

how is it so unbelievable to think the earth is any shape?

Flat is impossible given the simple yet conclusive evidence available to anyone with eyes and a functioning brain. Try discussing that.

Get off your high horse and go post elsewhere about the things you believe instead of poo pooing everyone else that doesn't fit your mold of understanding.

Good advice to heed yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I admit the flat earth theory sounds kinda B.S. but the thing is, none of us can actually disprove the Flat-Earth-Theory on his own. That's fact. Sad but true.

Even the spacestation flyby's can be faked. Any 3d modelling application of your choice and Adobe After effects provide all the tools you need. Record the earth with a fish-eye lense, and add the 3d space station in overlay mode

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join