It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is also the whore of babylon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

Rome,Soddom hell even Egypt fell once they stopped honoring the laws and the worshipping of lower god

Rome fell but you're living in Roman Empire version 2

All Roads Lead to Rome
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

The scientific method does work and when people let private interests impede on science, that's not a failure of science; it's a failure to implement science enough.

But science does not work in a vacuum, or researched in a vacuum. It takes money to feed researchers and as such they are prey to greed. How does "implementing science enough" get rid of the problem. Before they study science they should study morals or ethics? But that could be argued is not science but metaphysics.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

about 4 thousand functioned as the Government.

Why would you need a government if we lived under a "new jerusalem" singing boring hosannas all day long?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Because, given current technology. It is possible to wipe out all human life on Earth and repopulate the planet with 144,000 people that are not Racist.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

As I have made apparent, Racists.

I mean seriously either you are a NAZI or your need to be treated for Dementia.

I mean seriously, where does racism fit into this? The only oblique reference I can conjure to racism it to be found in the Old Testament...so yes Jehovah and the Hebrews are racists. But the op talks about Revelations and teh Whore, science and the Catholic church. I cant even begin to follow what loops you are entertaining.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

144,000 people that are not Racist.

How would you ensure they were not racist?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Then you did not read what I said.

Again copy this conversation at take it to a Psychiatrist.

Do not expect another response.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Cuervo

The scientific method does work and when people let private interests impede on science, that's not a failure of science; it's a failure to implement science enough.

But science does not work in a vacuum, or researched in a vacuum. It takes money to feed researchers and as such they are prey to greed. How does "implementing science enough" get rid of the problem. Before they study science they should study morals or ethics? But that could be argued is not science but metaphysics.

Let's take an assembly manual for a Toyota. Let's call it the Toyota Assembly Method. When used, it creates flawless reproductions of the Toyota in the manual. When improperly used, it doesn't. When it is improperly used, is it the methods fault or the assembler? And to remedy it, do you fire the assembler or throw out the method?

The solution to making the crappy models is to use the Toyota Assembly Method better and more consistently.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: daskakik

Because it is not mocking science and should not be offensive I am nearly stating that the who're of Babylon includes science most people just correlate it with a corrupt controlling regime

The whore of Babylon includes science and ONLY Catholics... even though the reasons you have given contradict evidence (e.g: not being the biggest 'sect' of world religions).
You are just labeling people (Catholics and scientists) out of prejudice.
And nope, I am not a Catholic, I just can't stand unfair stereotyping.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

YES!

And geometry is the little mermaid, physics is Mary Poppins, and astrology is Cinderella.

Alice in Wonderland IS a true story though.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory why must people insult me when all I'm doing is making an intepretation of the bible and why must everyone think I'm attacking science all I'm saying is they sold out

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Because when it comes to institutions every one of them has sold out and as well done some really cool things.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai doesn't excuse the selling out part lol

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The way I see it, that depends entirely upon the Transgressor and when faced with Gods Plan.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Seriously would you punish a good Priest for what a bad priest did?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i like the way pastor murray describes the name babylon and compares it to babel or rather "confusion". with any prophecy one could look upon his surroundings and cherry pick anything he doesnt like and fit them into a prophetic statement. but what if the many things fortold are not "visible" in obvious fashion?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
all I'm doing is making an intepretation of the bible

It was unnecessary and gave the OP an air of religious self-righteousness.
edit on 28-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You know if the Tower of Babylon had been made of Copper (Copper age began about then). And the Promenade or Mall surrounding the Tower were also coated in Copper. A thunderstorm when perhaps a ceremony, where to occur due to the idea that it was the beginning of the rainy season.

Given there is lightening.....

Could effectively fry the memories of anyone who happened to be their during such an event.

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread!

Obviously there have been many great benefits for mankind because of scientific discovery.

Unfortunately, the materialistic basis for scientific study has become the default "religion" of modern times. Scientific-materialism basically does not account for anything outside of this physical realm, and so it just discounts all spirituality. That is part of the scientific method, but to take this position relative to all of life is narrow-minded and very naive.

Just because science cannot fully account for anything spiritual seems to make people cynical and even atheists relative to everything beyond the physical. I can understand such people being agnostic, but to discount everything spiritual is just being a believer in scientific-materialism as some kind of all-knowing religion! This is as naive and childish as the believers in any other idol.

Unfortunately, this scientific-materialism has justified such a strictly physical approach to everything for so many people worldwide - that now endless consumerism has become the "religious" experience of this day and age. And that is destroying our planet not to mention wedding people to the things they accumulate rather than really understanding our actual situation here.

edit on 3/29/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm more inclined to think they had to make a retractment due to misleading "market strategies and (mis)representations" rather than anything to do with science.

.....pretty much all I can say on the subject, science rarely needs to go to court due to the theories they put forth, marketing however.....well, bullsh!t sells, occasionally it gets called out too.
edit on 2932015 by AkaDeDrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join