It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is also the whore of babylon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Agartha

All organized religions are apart of Ibumpy just Roman Catholics

Why? Why only Roman Catholics when other religions are as corrupted as they are?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros
You are using it as an adjective?

I thought it was a specific character in the book of revelation.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I'm not saying they aren't they are apart of the whole as well catholicism just happens to be the biggest sect of all the Abrahamic religions and the one with most influence

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It's an idea or concept not a literal person

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

But it isn't a general concept. Why not just say, "science is corrupt" or "science has been corrupted"?

It has a religious context and not only that but you even go so far as to say that science is like a god to some. Which brings up the question, if science wasn't corrupt, would that make it OK for some to view it like a god?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Honor, integrity, honesty all take a backseat to personal interests. The scientific method was said to protect against this but it just keeps getting worst. There have been many instances this year alone of corruption in science.

It sounds like your main complaint boils down to science not being sciencey enough. The scientific method does work and when people let private interests impede on science, that's not a failure of science; it's a failure to implement science enough.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I'm not saying they aren't they are apart of the whole as well catholicism just happens to be the biggest sect of all the Abrahamic religions and the one with most influence

Biggest part of Abrahamic religions is actually Islam. I don't understand why you only concentrate on the Catholics when they may be the richest still, but others are catching up.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You hit the nail on the head that's what I was trying to say but the implications of corrupt science affects all of us

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm trying to establish that not only organized religion and government are apart if Babylon but science as well

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Why Babylon? Why not just say "religions and governments are corrupt"?

edit on 27-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just the "bearing false witness" pseudo-science. When power and profit plots use scientific terminology and structures to fool the masses into falling for their plot.

Like the climate change cult.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Let's see: science which has explained much, or a book of lies and contradictions that hardly explained a damn thing whatsoever about anything beyond common sense.

I'm siding with the whore of Babylon!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Calalini

What your saying has nothing to do with the topic we get it your an atheist good 4 you

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Be cuz it's all metaphorical there have been many babylons throughout history

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The whore of babylon is the USA specify NY and DC.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Jesus Christ who is represented as the Sacrificed Lamb in Revelations was able, according to the Holy Bible, able raise dead. There are in every system of belief in respect to the general area respective to Israel proper "Gods" that could raise the Dead (there is even on with the Persians that was alleged to have lived 33,000 years). So here is an issue about Revelations.....

Jesus Christ was Crucified because he was a member of a culture that was considered to low in class to allow, for it to be possible to develop a God that could raise the dead.

Gods wrath is perhaps about racism and the whore are racists.

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The whore will deal with anyone with money and in the end God destories the whole planet so how could that be racist?

originally posted by: Kashai
Jesus Christ who is represented as the Sacrificed Lamb in Revelations was able, according to the Holy Bible, able raise dead. There are in every system of belief in respect to the general area respective to Israel proper "Gods" that could raise the Dead (there is even on with the Persians that was alleged to have lived 33,000 years). So here is an issue about Revelations.....

Jesus Christ was Crucified because he was a member of a culture that was considered to low in class to allow, for it to be possible to develop a God that could raise the dead.

Gods wrath is perhaps about racism and the whore are racists.

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Actually in the end of this account God creates a new Universe were the "Good" live in peace under the protection of God.

I guess that means we will not have to worry about Mass Extinction Events.

Check your facts.

edit on 27-3-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Actually in the end of this account God creates a new Universe were the "Good" live in peace under the protection of God.

I guess that means we will not have to worry about Mass Extinction Events.

Check your facts.

New heavens and a new earth? 2/3's of the population dead. Every island and mountain moved from it's place. I suppose this is all allegorical?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The really unique thing about Revelations is that genetically if one wanted to repopulate the Earth. One would need at least 104,000 people where, about 4 thousand functioned as the Government. In so far as the United States I feel it is important to bring up Ezequiel, wherein God sates to him that Israel would be restored by Gods Army.

Any thoughts?

edit on 27-3-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join