It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is also the whore of babylon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Now we all know that the Roman Catholic church is considered by many as the who're of Babylon abandoning the truth for control of the masses and money. But I'm now starting to think they share this partnership with the Scientific community.
Hear me out because I know many people hate it when they call out their precious science like it is a god to them. I read an article in the Washington post today about a publisher of medical/science articles. The company was called Biomed central. They had to retract 43 of the 277 articles they published over fabricated information. This seems to be the trend in the Scientific community.
Honor, integrity, honesty all take a backseat to personal interests. The scientific method was said to protect against this but it just keeps getting worst. There have been many instances this year alone of corruption in science. This can be a real problem because rational people take science as the ultimate authority and truth. Now you obviously can't fabricate the more obvious things but is this just the tip of the iceberg?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

The Bible has false stories in it that people take as the ultimate truth too....

Try not to be soo 1-Sided...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

So long as money is involved, there will always be a level of corruption, everywhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I believe a strong case can be made that "Biblicaly speaking" Babylon represents a form of religion known as syncraticism (or the blending of multiple religions into one). The Catholic church has long been accused of being associated with Babylon because the catholic church is notorious for going into a new land and "converting" the pagans there by simply taking on the local religious customs and now calling them "Christian". This blending of one religion with other religions is what Babylon was arguably chastised for. Furthermore, the "God" of the "Bible' told his people he was to be worshiped in a VERY specific manner and were not to mix themselves with any other teachings. I can give dozens of examples where God forbid his people to blend their religion with another in any form. In fact, the hebrews had a law about not even mixing two types of clothing as a reminder not to mix religions. When righteous prophets would arise, the first thing they did was command all the pagan statues among them to be torn down and all the followers of blended religion to be executed. Oddly, in the United States (a nation some believe is blessed by this same God), we brag that we have "freedom of religion" which allows us to have alters and statues and places of worship devoted to many gods among us. And yet, most Christians never think twice that THEY may be living in modern babylon (a society where religions all blend together and borrow things from one another).
edit on 27-3-2015 by truthster013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

The Bible has false stories in it that people take as the ultimate truth too....

The government does not rob tax payers to give that money to scientists to produce the fake results.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthster013
I believe a strong case can be made that "Biblicaly speaking" Babylon represents a form of religion known as syncraticism (or the blending of multiple religions into one). The Catholic church has long been accused of being associated with Babylon because the catholic church is notorious for going into a new land and "converting" the pagans there by simply taking on the local religious customs and now calling them "Christian". This blending of one religion with other religions is what Babylon was arguably chastised for. Furthermore, the "God" of the "Bible' told his people he was to be worshiped in a VERY specific manner and were not to mix themselves with any other teachings. I can give dozens of examples where God forbid his people to blend their religion with another in any form. In fact, the hebrews had a law about not even mixing two types of clothing as a reminder not to mix religions. When righteous prophets would arise, the first thing they did was command all the pagan statues among them to be torn down and all the followers of blended religion to be executed. Oddly, in the United States (a nation some believe is blessed by this same God), we brag that we have "freedom of religion" which allows us to have alters and statues and places of worship devoted to many gods among us. And yet, most Christians never think twice that THEY may be living in modern babylon (a society where religions all blend together and borrow things from one another).

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

The government does not rob tax payers to give that money to scientists to produce the fake results.

I hope you are being sarcastic....

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

So insulin,penicillin,antibiotics,hot water and heat are bad???
They all came from science and good thinkers.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19169610]truthster013[/p Babylon/Rome is the characteristics of a country about to fall for violating the laws it includes not mixing religions but also corruption greed and false idol worship. They peak in power and then the decay in morality surfaces and the country falls. Babylon,Rome,Soddom hell even Egypt fell once they stopped honoring the laws and the worshipping of lower gods. But the who're of Babylon is widely considered the Catholic church which is something different from Babylon.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

OH HECK! You should Join in on the Government Autism Thread!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You are completely misunderstanding what I'm saying science is the greatest gift to mankind. That's why I consider if it were to get corrupted and influenced for someone else's agenda sounds way worse than just organized churches being corrupt, we already know they are. But science must be pure and unbiased because it is we were made for reason we are conscious being is to be aware Of everything. If it is influenced by more negative aspects violence,eugenics, advanced propaganda techniques. It will be our version of a brave new world.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What was the method that demonstrated the articles in question had fabricated information?

Perhaps the scientific method?...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Like somebody have already said, corruption goes where money goes.

But you are being too one sided focusing only on science and Catholics. What about all other religions that have made their leaders billions? The richest religion in the world is probably the Catholic church but followed closely by others like Scientology, Protestantism, Televangelism, Islam, The Mormons, etc. LINK

And same with companies that use their scientific discoveries or products to make money.

There are good and bad scientists out there, just like there are good and bad religious leaders, good and bad common people, etc. Stereotyping is wrong.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:09

link quote reply

OH HECK! You should Join in on the Government Autism Thread!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are a very funny person, I liked that one :-)
edit on 27-3-2015 by marsend because: It didnt work out

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Let's try this:

"There have been many instances this year alone of corruption in science. This can be a real problem because rational people take science as the ultimate authority and truth."

To this:

There have been many instances throughout history of corruption in religion. This can be a real problem because irrational people take religion as the ultimate authority and truth.

That was too easy.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How does any of that tie in with the whore of babylon?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

All organized religions are apart of Ibumpy just Roman Catholics

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The who're of Babylon is a system that is corrupted by false doctrines

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I'm not attacking science at all the only reason I'm pointing it out is we shouldn't accept corruption from science because it would affect all of us. Science must be held to a higher standard than all other institutions in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The sciences babble the words. Each science has a little different language with meanings that vary. Unless you are trained to comprehend the language of each individual science, you could misinterpret the meaning of the research and misapply it. You're desire to prove something sometimes makes you look at the research results improperly, which leads to misinformation. On top of that, no matter how good the training to teach everyone to be on the same page, it is impossible because the pages are not numbered.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join