It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ Senator wants to make church attendance mandatory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
WATCH: Arizona State Senator Suggests That Church Be Mandatory

On Tuesday, speaking before the Senate Appropriations Committee, Allen bemoaned fewer and fewer Americans attending church during a discussion on concealed weapons permits ...

“Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth,”

Just another toxic Republican.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

But you conveniently left out the rest of the quote in which it turns out it was just a terrible analogy and her pandering regarding her "yea" vote....she isn't a mental giant by any stretch but it was an equivocation that was poorly spoken.

But it is more fun to just say this I suppose. Keep dividing.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Well that is about as un-american as can be. These people are as bad if not worse than the other loons trying to "fundamentally" change the country.

Its actually universally undemocratic, backwards and small minded, not just un-american. BUT we were founded in part by people looking for a separation of church and state....SO it is pretty damned opposed to the American ethos.

Christians need to rethink their priorities. Take a page from some of the most devout christians. The Amish. They dont care what we "english" do with ourselves. They are kind and considerate to us no matter what age or phase we go through. They would NEVER force their beliefs on anyone and they are the most devout christians in the US....forget the bible belt. The bible belt is full of whores /charlatans and vain sinners compared to them....yet they still treat the rest of the country with respect and consideration.

edit on 3 27 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

But you conveniently left out the rest of the quote in which it turns out it was just a terrible analogy and her pandering regarding her "yea" vote....she isn't a mental giant by any stretch but it was an equivocation that was poorly spoken.

But it is more fun to just say this I suppose. Keep dividing.

That's funny because she had a chance to take back her comment when asked about it but instead she doubled down on it.

She is the epitome of the type of toxicity the founding fathers wanted to avoid by keeping religion OUT of government.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Glad I don't live in Arizona.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm not disagreeing on that much trust me. Its just far too prevalent for each of us to say she actually wanted to do this when it clearly wasn't if you read the whole transcript. It was terrible of course and could have found a better cocomparison.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I prefer aerial spraying of Haldol, Ativan and Benadryl over the seat of government They are all Batsh$t crazy.
edit on 27-3-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: To put the $ in #

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

But..but...Why do Atheists care what the religious believe?

Why do those that believe in nothing feel the need to talk about others belief?

I have seen that parroted in many forms all over the internet. Now I can just link this thread.

I don't give a rotund rodent's rectum what they believe - except when they believe I have to believe he same thing as them - THAT pisses me off and I'm gonna say so!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The "Bible Belt", which has the most people attending church per capita, also have the highest rates of teen pregnancy, murder, divorce, obesity, and poverty.

You are a disgusting bigot.

Can you imagine substituting 'Black' or 'Hispanic' for 'Bible Belt' and getting away with the blatant hatred and negative stereotypes you hold? Can you imagine if you compiled statistics of other groups of people and then made your same statement? Maybe they believe in God because they need his help more than you in your ivory tower of hatred.
edit on 2015/3/27 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hmmmmm is she an ISIS sympathizer by any chance?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The "Bible Belt", which has the most people attending church per capita, also have the highest rates of teen pregnancy, murder, divorce, obesity, and poverty.

You are a disgusting bigot.

Can you imagine substituting 'Black' or 'Hispanic' for 'Bible Belt' and getting away with the blatant hatred and negative stereotypes you hold? Can you imagine if you compiled statistics of other groups of people and then made your same statement? Maybe they believe in God because they need his help more than you in your ivory tower of hatred.

Yes I can imagine people putting "black" or "hispanic" in there and "getting away with it" - here's a wiki article on race and crime in the USA that no-one is bleating about.

Here's a page at the CDC about pregnancy among teens that has a section on race

Your strawman is bravo-sierra - these statistics exist, and hre's a google search for "US bible belt crime and pregnancy" just to ram the point home that the previous poster was not inventing anything!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Can you tell me where obesity fits in . Do they eat more .????

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Uhhh...I didn't post stereotypes, I posted facts. Sorry if you see the cold hard truth as a hateful stereotype, but facts are facts. The Bible belt/uber religious states are also the same ones that seem to "sin" the most. These are also states where religion plays a huge role in the daily social, political, and legal lives of the average person. Yet with all this "godliness", those states still have the highest rates of immoral, ungodly behavior. Thus, those who claim religion is needed to enforce morality can't even keep the doggie doo off their own shoes.

I do hold contempt for willful ignorance and blatant hypocrisy, which you consider bigotry.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I will double down on the bible belt issue. I live in Tn and the hypocracy is thick here. We have some of the worst school systems imagineable, because the people in charge can't tell fantasy from reality. Kids grow up with 30 different denominations being shoved in their faces. Most of them can't read or write. I personally know kids who worry about their own families choice of religion, because Timmy down the street says that only church of christ followers are going to heaven.

When kids and their famlies have to put all their mental resources towards this type of insanity, when do they have time to learn how the world actually works.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
what a horribly misconstrued sound bit to summarize this story.

that isn't what she wants. the headline is a flat out lie.

not that she is a mental giant or anything...but for the love of God....really?

"Do you think kids should eat candy for breakfast?"

"No."

"Oh, so you are saying you hate all children and want them to be unhappy?"

This is what passes for journalism nowadays, folks.

(post by jimmyx removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Can you tell me where obesity fits in . Do they eat more .????

Yep!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

So people that go to church are fat divorce and murder each other, quite the shallow connection. I'm sure we don't have any type of socio economic trends. I'm not sure you've never had southern BBQ either

Oh and Arizona isn't part of the bible belt
edit on 28-3-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Oh and Arizona isn't part of the bible belt

Might as well be.

Could pick it up, stick it down there, no one would know the difference.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I know a few Church attendees I wouldn't trust in message OR with a gun.
We are in the apostasy anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join