It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pesticide Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Glyphosate After Claiming It’s Safe To Drink

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mthgs602
a reply to: WeRpeons

I don't see how him refusing to drink the substance is evidence that it in fact is poisonous.

Basing anything off of his refusal is sheer speculation and nothing more.

Everyone is entitled to have a thought, but let's be clear on what is a provocative thought and what is reaching. Maybe it tastes like complete garbage and the man has no want to indulge in in its savory flavor.

But he himself said it was safe to drink and I doubt his taste come into question unless you think he has drank a cup of it before?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

His refusal is proof of nothing though, that is the only point I want to convey.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I guarantee that drinking it is not part of monsanto's PR.

Look at the glyphosate MSDS..

img.docstoccdn.com...

Those think this proves anything beyond this guy being a moron are just clutching at straws.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Bwaahhaaa!

Try lawyering your way out of that offer. Great video. Needs to go viral

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mthgs602

I don't see how him refusing to drink the substance is evidence that it in fact is poisonous.

Basing anything off of his refusal is sheer speculation and nothing more.

Everyone is entitled to have a thought, but let's be clear on what is a provocative thought and what is reaching. Maybe it tastes like complete garbage and the man has no want to indulge in in its savory flavor.

Really? Here's a doctor making extraordinary claims about how safe the active ingredient "Glyphosate" is in the product Round-up. He claims it's safe enough to drink a quart of it!!! Not a teaspoon, a quart!!! I think I and the majority of posters who commented on this "doctor's assertions" and his refusal to prove what he is saying, proves without a doubt, the safety of this product is a pure bold face lie!!!

If you were representing a product and believed in the safety of the product you're promoting, wouldn't you want to back-up your claims to put these supposed false cancer accusations to rest? The guy didn't have to drink a quart, but a half a glass would have proved his point! He shot himself in the foot, it's as simple as that. The interviewer held this doctor's hands to the fire, and he got burned.

I can't believe anyone after watching this video would believe this product was safe. I can bet, if this video does go viral, Round-up will see a drastic decline in sales.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

His refusal is proof of nothing though, that is the only point I want to convey.

If he drank it, keeled over and died, than that's what we need as proof? Studies from the world health organization have already proven it's a probable human carcinogen.

It's like telling someone holding you're hand to a flame won't set you on fire. We all know how absurd that claim is, so why would we even do it? This guy knew how absurd his claim was, which is why he refused to drink it. He knows it's not safe when he says "what do you think I'm an idiot" when asked to drink it. That speaks volumes!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

If he drank it, keeled over and died, than that's what we need as proof? Studies from the world health organization have already proven it's a probable human carcinogen.

It's like telling someone holding you're hand to a flame won't set you on fire. We all know how absurd that claim is, so why would we even do it? This guy knew how absurd his claim was, which is why he refused to drink it. He knows it's not safe when he says "what do you think I'm an idiot" when asked to drink it. That speaks volumes!

Studies from who haven't proven anything. Proven probable is like saying virtually safe. He is an ecologist for anyone that doesn't know.

I can't believe people need a video like this to realize drinking pesticide is stupid and it doesn't matter if it is organic or synthetic.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

Yup, I agree with that. Kids can be gullible and all they need to do is take this guy's word for it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You're trying to make this bigger than it actually is.

No one, not even him when called out on it, disputes that drinking glyphosate is harmful.

I know you and others are trying to turn it into "even the monsanto lobbyist won't drink the stuff, coz it's poison, see it isn't harmless!!"

Drinking a glass of it and having residue on plants isn't the same thing, you do get this, right? It's all about dosage.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

No one, not even him when called out on it, disputes that drinking glyphosate is harmful.

I know you and others are trying to turn it into "even the monsanto lobbyist won't drink the stuff, coz it's poison, see it isn't harmless!!"

Drinking a glass of it and having residue on plants isn't the same thing, you do get this, right? It's all about dosage.

his words,

you can drink a whole quart of it, and it won't hurt you

I'd be happy to actully, not really, but i know it wouldn't hurt me

it's not dangerous to humans

sounds actually like he's saying it won't hurt you and not willing to back it up his statements with actions. kinda like the monsanto plants that wouldn't use it's own GMO's in it's cafeteria.

true, it is also true that chemicals build up in your system, and it takes time to disappear. if you keep putting in the same dosage day after day and your body doesn't ex spell them at the same rate you put it in, then the build up can reek havoc on the body.

plus there is no way to control the amount of residue on or in the plants.
edit on 27-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mthgs602

The refusal came in the same conversation than he just had claimed it wasn't dangerous to drink a quart.

If you can't see the forest through the trees I think you may have more important problems than glyphosate.

edit on 27-3-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yeah, and his subsequent refusal to drink it means he just realised he messed up big time.

I get that.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

"I'm not stupid, but everyone else is" is basically what he's saying. I never cared too much about the whole pesticides/GMO issue until this video. Anyone not willing to put their money where their mouth is, is someone I'll never trust.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
LOL I saw this on the news earlier. What a goober.

>yeah bro it's totally safe to drink
>will not drink

edit on 28-3-2015 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Typical paid corporate shill. The only reason they exist is to lie and deceive the public. Too bad all such disinfo types wouldn't follow the reporter's suggestion vis-à-vis the pesticide.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Spooky4Me

I never cared too much about the whole pesticides/GMO issue until this video.

That was my feelings too, until I stumbled across this video. It's why I felt like I needed to share it with everyone.

A lot of posters here think this video should go viral, and I totally agree. I was completely floored when this doctor said it was safe to drink a quart of it! Than he refuses too drink some. I don't care if it does taste awful, he's making this extraordinary claim and is representing the manufacture who is producing this product. If he considers himself a reputable doctor and he's telling the truth, than drink it!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It's his statements not mine. Did you even listen to him, or did you block it out because you already formed your own personal opinion? Hounddog saved me time and printed this doctor's statements out in his post. You're trying to tell everyone here he didn't claim it wasn't harmful, yet he clearly did. Your trying to read between the lines, when there isn't any. What part of drinking a quart of it is safe, didn't you understand?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
How much more will people put up with this foolishness? It would just take one fierce boycott....

That's it. We need a thread on products and brands connected to Monsanto.

I think there's an APP for that.

It's called Buycott and when you scan the bar code, it identifies the parent companies of particular products and associated boycotts currently under way. And more!

Check it out.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Read this:

No one, not even him when called out on it, disputes that drinking glyphosate is harmful

His backing down is a statement in itself..

Not hard to comprehend is it?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join