It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pesticide Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Glyphosate After Claiming It’s Safe To Drink

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: dragonridr

Hmm I dont think you have alot of experience in farming. one cup of glyphosphate= 8oz

one large farm sprayer= 1200 gallons 230 gallons a minute
www.deere.com...

So exactly how does this glass even come close to somparing to what ACTUALLY gets dumped on our fields? Now lets see how fast does a Sprayer travel while spreading 230 gallons per minute? High Capacity
The new R4045 features a 346 hp. Final Tier 4 PowerTech PSS 9.0 liter engine with four-wheel hydrostatic drive that can operate at 25 mph spraying/spreading

Now theres 43,560 square feet in an acre, theres 5280 feet in a mile ok so whats that 8 miles?

Are you following the math? they are dumping swimming pools of this CRAP all over the place..come on! a Glass doesnt really do more than serve as a visual aid, beside its fun watching the lawyer guy squirm because he knows he is lying.

Because you have to look at what your intake would be not what's dumped on a field. It's like pissing in the ocean you would want to drink a cup of urine but in the ocean it means nothing. Your analogy is just silly. Not to mention it is an acid and breaks down in sunlight if it didn't it wouldn't need to be re apply ed would it. Now I don't know because I Havnt looked really don't care but I'm willing to bet there are regulations on use and I'm sure it can't be used just before harvest. Not to mention that's not when farmers use herbacide this is to protect plants in early growth. Once they are established only have to worry about bugs.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
lol

just lol

maby if he offered a normal dose tho lets say 3 drops in some water

the im not stupid say it all tho

harmless lol

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That is Patrick Moore the same guy who shills for the Heartland Institute that claims he is a co-founder of Green Peace(lie) and has written many articles and is parroted as an authority on climate change by the groups who deny it.

Patrick Moore promotes such anti-environmental positions as clearcut logging, nuclear power, farmed salmon, PVC (vinyl) production, genetically engineered crops, and mining.

He started from defender of the planet to a paid representative of corporate polluters.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Its not at all like pissing in the ocean at all as todays big ag soils do not hold moisture well in fact it stays very near the top of the soil and is rapidly uptaken by the plants as they are water soluble...and then you eat the plant. Very big difference..I want' picking a fight at all, just trying to put in perspective just how much of this stuff is being dumped on our soil, that doesnt account for the amounts transmitted in the air by wind, often responsible for entire crews of farm workers being hospitalized.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Actually, there are no regulations governing roundup. There are recommendations but that is it. A set of instructions on the can and nobody actually tests the foods for residue. You can go to tractor supply and buy a gallon of it off the shelf or at most hardware stores.

It breaks down but it can be rejuvinated in soils by adding phosphates if I remember right. I studied the chemical when I bought some to get weeds out of the first potato field I was clearing weeds out of. I won't use it anymore. The information that they give about it is not wrong in the brochure, it just excludes a lot of information and the testing required to be done is not adequate.

If I had to get rid of crabgrass, I would probably adjust the soil and use certain blends of fertilizers first before using roundup. There is another herbicide that is almost as good and it is less harmful. I can't remember the name of that though. It still isn't considered organic though.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Also take a look at the regulations they are frightening, but dont worry most of the stuff youre eating is grown in S. America where they have zero regulations compared to the USA and numerous farmers actually die from the blow off, it happens every year.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

but dont let me mis speak it's a "mystery illness" that seems to be killing young strong healthy 20 year old farm hands...but hey who cares about those folks in S. America right they dont count. Do I have to say *sarcasm

Again perhaps my analogy didnt live up to its expectations but lord knows Glyphosphate is far more than an irritant...thats a laugh.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

but dont let me mis speak it's a "mystery illness" that seems to be killing young strong healthy 20 year old farm hands...but hey who cares about those folks in S. America right they dont count. Do I have to say *sarcasm

Again perhaps my analogy didnt live up to its expectations but lord knows Glyphosphate is far more than an irritant...thats a laugh.

Actually probably pesticides is a far more likely culprit things that can hurt insects have a good likely hood of hurting us.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Of course it's dangerous, its a poison!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
People have failed to commit suicide with it fairly regularly. So in between the fairly regular failures there are people who died from it?

the way he said fairly regularly didn't even sound like a majority.
edit on 03am12am312015-03-27T00:00:44-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Oh no you don't!

Get his arms and legs, we can pour down his throat!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Wait, this is Patrick Moore? The greenpeace co-founder who spoke out against climate change recently?

Does that raise any eyebrows for people who used him to support their side of the argument?

To me he seems like the type to sell his soul and sell out humanity.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Metallicus

Of course it's dangerous, its a poison!

Chadwickus... why don't you go back to the hole you crawled out from?

No hard feelings, I'm just busting your chops a little is all... But what I'm really trying to say is, what's your point? Do you think we should stand by and do nothing while mega corporations lie to us? He said you could drink a damn quart of the stuff. He would not have said that if he were not instructed to by the company he is a lobbyist for. So no, its not just a case of this one man being an idiot. His words are an extension of the corporation that hired him. Or else what is the point of hiring a lobbyist and paying them if they aren't going to push Your agenda?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So....1200 gallon sprayer, Glyphosate gets mixed at 3oz per gallon of water, so that's around 28 gallons of 41% Glyphosate to a 1200 gallon sprayer.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
Just to play devil's advocate... if someone I didn't know handed me a bottle of something I couldn't readily identify, I wouldn't drink it, either.

But, he's the lobbyist-doctor-expert on glyphosate, right? Certainly he should be able to identify his own poison product being an expert...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Where's the proof that he was hired to say that?

Seriously, why would Monsanto or anyone get someone to say such a thing, only to then back down from it?

He put his foot in his mouth and someone called him on it, it's that simple, sorry if I'm not blinded by the whole Monsanto hate thing that's cool round here.

And there's no need to be a dick, you could have gotten your point across without it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

After the urges go away you sleep. everyone does.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Here's a great info-graphic from La Isla Foundation's website. I came across their website last year when looking into the astronomical amount of younger adult to middle aged men (men in their prime) in farming areas of Mexico, Central and South America suffering from chronic kidney disease (CKD) of unknown etiology (unknown causes). It's pretty mind blowing, actually.

The more I look into this glyphosate and GMO foods the more I am reminded that I need to be much more cognizant and vigilant when buying groceries. I'd rather go hungry than to eat this crap. Really, they just need to outlaw this disgusting poisonous franken food once and for all!

La Isla Foundation

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You really need to do some more research...Check out my above post. His analogy wasn't "silly" at all.

If anything, for your own health. Glyphosate is poisonous and causes many serious diseases and health concerns for many people, especially the poor souls picking and farming the franken foods it is used on the most.

Many countries have outlawed its use...Wonder why the US hasn't and what sort of kickbacks the Monsanto Monsters are getting/giving in return for poisoning us.

And, btw, I feel that I need to say that this subject isn't a "conspiracy" and that there is PLENTY of legit science and documentation to back these claims up, both peer reviewed and evidence based research from reputable universities, scientists, etc.

edit on 27-3-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This is the same type of bluff test we should give politicians. If you're not willing to take a bullet then dont send us off to do so!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join