It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

See This is exactly what I was talking about In My Reply To Jay!when You said this: "All I do know is that in all the years I have smoked, I have never even done so much as scrape my knee."
Ya know?! It is totally messed up, (replace 'messed' with an 'F' word) to blame weed in any form for suicide! That's just Freakin' Ludicrous and Insanitory!
(Hey I just made up a New Word! NOT !!! LMFAO!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

It's amazing how many accidents, violent acts and fatalities are coming out only AFTER the legalization of pot.

People have to give it up and stop the propaganda BS. The agenda is very clear and only makes these people look foolish.

Jude11

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
weed is best smoked, not eaten.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Is this an everyday occurrence in Colorado?

The family feel the need for an explanation to this tragedy and they believe it was marijuana candles that tipped him.

If he wasn't showing previous signs of depression, then what other explanation eh?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
weed is best smoked, not eaten.

You are not allowed to advocate consumption, but I concur.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Once again it wasent the "WEED" it was the sugar!!! a reply to: JAY1980

It was the GMO sugarcane, Monsanto did it. I smell a potential lawsuit! Seriously though, more people have died of alcohol abuse than have ever died of smoking marijuana. Sounds like a Darwin Award candidate.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Exactly. In fact I smoke weed so things are more funny and I don't kill myself, or become schizophrenic, because we live in such a twisted world.
Maybe more a case of: too little, too late? And instead of helping him while he still lived, they now point fingers to a plant and project their guilt? Don't have to look that deep to find out why the "scapegoat of the family", sacrifiesed himself.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So it's marijuana's fault huh... no way it could be society's fault, right? I wouldn't even go so far as to blame it on mental illness. Because of the way society is, and how this world turned out, a perfectly sane person is capable of taking his own life too, right when they have the sudden, very clear, reasonable, and perfectly sane realization what a nightmarish place this world has become.

You people have turned this world into a pile of crap. You've managed to enslave yourselves and everybody else based on your own design. There is no hope. You were given free will, and this is what you chose? People would rather do drugs, and die, than exist along side you.

The marijuana candies were probably to help him leave this world with a bit of artificial happiness.

edit on 26-3-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

If you fail to keep your children away from marijuana, you'd prefer they end up in prison? How does that give them the greatest opportunities at life?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

If you fail to keep your children away from marijuana, you'd prefer they end up in prison? How does that give them the greatest opportunities at life?

Did your parents hold your hand?
I stated parents want the best for their children, and marijuana is not included in the best of anything.
There isn't a professional sport that wants a pot head on their team, and it isn't because it is illegal, it is because pot heads are losers. They pay for winners.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am pro legalization...but I can tell you from experience some people cannot tolerate large doses of THC without adverse psychological effects. People that are out there concocting all of these unnaturally high concentrations of THC need to be more responsible...or people that are able will force them to be. You can't claim Marijuana to be a medicine and then just start willy nilly throwing # together and selling it to people. It should at the least be labeled as to potency ( mg of THC ) and directions for use. Such as allow x amount of time between doses. And maybe even statements such as " If you are new to cannabis use. please try a low THC strain and see what the effects are before trying this product." I realize that everyone would not heed the warnings but at least the distributors would be doing the responsible thing. Cannabis is medicine and it needs to be treated with respect !!

P.S oops I only read the OP. And it didn't mention the labeling if it was labeled then I guess I didn't need to say some of what I said

edit on 26-3-2015 by HarryJoy because: Add

edit on 26-3-2015 by HarryJoy because: add

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This isn't a story about the perils of pot. This is a story about the perils of poor decision making. On multiple fronts. Obviously the guy ignoring a warning label is poor decision making. But then to leave your friend at home in a condition in which he is not even recognizing the existence of other humans, babbling incoherently, and shaking.....what kind of friend/family member does that?!?

If i take 5 times the dose of any thing, including booze, i can expect to see some pretty bad results. If i witnessed a friend getting hammered, i certainly wouldn't leave them alone when they went way overboard.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

There isn't a professional sport that wants a pot head on their team,

So laws should be based on what professional sport teams want?

I have never done MJ but I know many fellow biologists and chemists who have.

But is success only measured in spots in your brain?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Can you understand what an example is?
When people pay money for excellence, pot heads are not included.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

In the U.K we would call that a Footballocracy.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

There isn't a professional sport that wants a pot head on their team, and it isn't because it is illegal, it is because pot heads are losers. They pay for winners.

Olympic gold medalists have been known to smoke. I think you need to educate yourself on the effects of marijuana on the body and mind, instead of adhering to stereotypes.
edit on 26-3-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well I think we would all look for a reason under these circumstances. It's a sad sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd.

Best Avatar yet BTW.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that this isn't the first report of issues with edibles containing MJ in Colorado, not being tuned into the culture, I was kinda shocked that the legalization win for proponents, included the use in products for consumption.

Now this with candies, has me a bit more worried for the future of this legalized effort..

I am not going to come out and blame MJ for this person's actions, I just hope that those monitoring the potential pitfalls of the consumable market, do so honestly...

If there are problems that need dealt with, deal with them, don't sweep them under the rug with feigned outrage that the weed is under attack...

IMO, the very few states that have legalized, have a huge responsibility to make sure that providers and consumers do so in a manner that would reflect well for a move to national acceptance and legalization, if they fail to do so it may very well impact that move as other states weigh the pluses and minuses to such legislation...

The states currently legal, are under a microscope... those states' are the petri dish?

I hope it all works out..

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

Olympic gold medalists have been known to smoke. I think you need to educate yourself on the effects of marijuana on the body and mind.

Lots of baseball, football basketball etc players have smoked too, but they get fined or banned from the league when caught. Because the leagues pay for excellence, they have standards, and pot heads don't live up to the standards.
If someone spends 4 years of their life training for a gold medal and are willing to throw that all away to puff a few left hander cigs if caught, that is classified as stupid.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Can you understand what an example is?
When people pay money for excellence, pot heads are not included.

so?

Freedom of choose.

Some people make bad decisions.

some drink to much.

some smoke to much MJ

That is life.

Not everyone is a winner.

So why is it the governments job to regulate it?

How does throwing people in prison help people become winners?

Why not stop being a tyrannical busy body, concentrate less on what OTHER people are doing and focus more on bringing your own kids up how you want them brought up?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join