It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Cuervo

Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

If you fail to keep your children away from marijuana, you'd prefer they end up in prison? How does that give them the greatest opportunities at life?

Did your parents hold your hand?
I stated parents want the best for their children, and marijuana is not included in the best of anything.
There isn't a professional sport that wants a pot head on their team, and it isn't because it is illegal, it is because pot heads are losers. They pay for winners.

Neither is prison. Kids will or will not do drugs regardless of the law. Even the best of parents have children who decide they want to try it. I would rather see those kids get grounded and lose car privileges than go to some correctional facility or screw up their record.

And sports?! Professional sports are filled with junkies. Just because they don't test for the drugs they like don't make them "winners". I'd rather see a football player get high on the weekends than fly into a roid-rage assault.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

There isn't a professional sport that wants a pot head on their team, and it isn't because it is illegal, it is because pot heads are losers. They pay for winners.

Olympic gold medalists have been known to smoke. I think you need to educate yourself on the effects of marijuana on the body and mind.

Lots of baseball, football basketball etc players have smoked too, but they get fined or banned from the league when caught. Because the leagues pay for excellence, they have standards, and pot heads don't live up to the standards.
If someone spends 4 years of their life training for a gold medal and are willing to throw that all away to puff a few left hander cigs if caught, that is classified as stupid.

fine.

But its the governments problem why?

Let them smoke and get kicked out. There are 400 million Americans. Plenty more to to take there place.
edit on 26-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

They only get fined and punished cause it has been an illegal substance for so long!

You think they don't drink? Do drunks meet those high standards you are talking about?

I saw drunks cause you say stoners, so if everyone that smokes is a stoner, everyone that drinks is a drunk.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Lots of baseball, football basketball etc players have smoked too, but they get fined or banned from the league when caught. Because the leagues pay for excellence, they have standards, and pot heads don't live up to the standards.
If someone spends 4 years of their life training for a gold medal and are willing to throw that all away to puff a few left hander cigs if caught, that is classified as stupid.

You have it all backwards. They get fined or banned from the league when caught, because it's illegal, and they don't want criminals on their team. It has nothing to do with performance.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Marijuana doesn't have permanent effects. The effects wear off, like being drunk wears off. It can't possibly do anything to an athlete's performance.
edit on 26-3-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
weed is best smoked, not eaten.

When you eat it it takes time for your stomach to digest the THC to get in your bloodstream , takes about an hour or so to kick in , most common mistake people make is thinking the stuff does not work and take more.

Wich could eventually lead to this kind of behaviour.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yup we are on the cusp of another election season. And this type of propaganda will be more and more visible until it is over.

There is high risk right now of states listening to their constituents against firm 1950s style federal policy Makers and high concern that more states may be leaning toward anti prohibitionary law changes.

You cant stop the tsunami of change with mere propaganda.

Smoke or eat? No I dont.
For legalization and anti prohibitionary laws? Absalutely.

You can kill yourself with a gun, alcohol, tobacco, over eating, and a variety of other ways that the government turns a blind eye to until they get their taxation reciepts.

Time to stop the madness. He would have got high and or killed himself anyway if he lived in a non legal state.

Pot does not fund terrorists when cultured and sold legally In legal states.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Who's talking about every death on earth? Just the ones caused by addiction to government regulated big pharma narcotics with a list of side-effects 4 pages long read off on tv adds by an auctioneer.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

There isn't a professional sport that wants a pot head on their team,

So laws should be based on what professional sport teams want?

I have never done MJ but I know many fellow biologists and chemists who have.

But is success only measured in spots in your brain?

Can you understand what an example is?
When people pay money for excellence, pot heads are not included.

so?

Not everyone is a winner.

Exactly, pot heads are not winners. That is why people who pay for services don't hire known losers.
That is why parents do not wish their kids to become pot heads, it is the opposite of well wishing.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: JAY1980

So wait....Was it the pot or the gun?

You can only blame one evil thing at a time.

Them's the rules.

Bra...

Vo...

Sir!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Or take Pharmaceuticals like anti-depressants and kill themselves because they can't handle coming down...pretty much the par no matter which course certain minds play on I'd wager.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Wait... are you saying that... People die??

Like... Everyday?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

When you eat it it takes time for your stomach to digest the THC to get in your bloodstream , takes about an hour or so to kick in , most common mistake people make is thinking the stuff does not work and take more. Wich could eventually lead to this kind of behaviour.

+ it is a drug you have to get used to or because it is a psycho affective drug you will have sort of psychological instead of physiological poisoning effects, Shivering, a circulation drop, change of perception, possibly leading to paranoia and so on. It is a drug, just like alcohol it has negative effects, when you can't "hold" it. You need to start of easy, like someone suggested warnings on how concetrated the THC is and how it is very likely, you really won't feel anything when you use it for the first time. Like with loosing your physiological virginity, the first time doens't do much. lol
edit on 26-3-2015 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

so?

Exactly, pot heads are not winners. That is why people who pay for services don't hire known losers.
That is why parents do not wish their kids to become pot heads, it is the opposite of well wishing.

I think you'll find that me and my two mates worked an accumulated 21 years high off our box as the most productive workers our respective NHS departments could muster up...

Well loved around the hospital...
Among male and female, young and old, bosses and co workers...

Did I mention high off our box...

Smoking blunts during lunch break and coming back as part of the fully fledged work force...

Helping others to finish their work...

Pot heads aren't losers...

People who generalise people are losers...
Except those that generalise people who generalise!!!
edit on 26-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

See This Is exactly what I was talking about in My Reply To Jay .
As You mentioned: "All I do know is that in all the years I have smoked,
I have never even done so much as scrape my knee."

AND THAT'S THE WAY IT REALLY IS!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Most people who have children if they are honest do not want their children strung out on mary joe. They naturally want the best for them, with the greatest opportunities at life, and wacky tobacky is not conducive to this.

Denver is mile high in more ways than one, feel sorry for the family.

I understand your concern and I feel sorry for all involved as well... But the fact of the matter is we are talking about a substance as dangerous a caffeine. Alcohol kills thousands a year. Getting into the hands of kids everywhere. He ingested 50mg roughly the same a one joint.

Cannabis has never been attributed to a death EVER. The fact is this young man display side effects never before associated with ingestion on THC is odd to anyone with an understanding of cannabinoids and the human endocannabinoid system. He had other mental issues. Why bring a gun on a family trip?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

so?

And AGAIN you dodge the question!

You fail to answer WHY its the government to regulate?

If you don't want your kids to grow up and smoke pot then its your job to educate them.
NOT the governments.

Why should the government regulate adults lives?

Though I agree with age limits like alcohol.

edit on 26-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

it is because pot heads are losers.

Quite possibly the biggest load of bravo sierra I have ever heard. Heard of Steve Jobs?? You know, the guy from Apple!
He's just one of plenty of MJ users that are/were extremely successful. It wasn't MJ that killed him either!

I'm not even going to waste my time listing any more people that have made a success of their lives regardless of MJ. But be safe in the knowledge there are more.....LOTS MORE.

If that's your opinion then you are welcome to it, however inaccurate it is. But if you are trying to pass that off as a fact then you need to research a bit more and open your eyes!

Narrow minded and blinkered people like you are the reason why Alcohol is legal and MJ is not. You fear what you don't understand so therefore it must be bad.

Peace.

M.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
I couldn't agree with you more

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Says the guy that obviously knows nothing about people who partake in cannabis.

I guarantee that a lot of the people you consider to be winners are regular users of cannabis. Don't be so naive.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You must realize you have subscribed to a particular form of propaganda. A very false form of propaganda.

A "pot head" and simple recreational use of marijuana are two different things. Much like being an "alcoholic" and a recreational drinker are two different things.

Some of the most powerful and successful winners in the world have smoked weed more than a few times... Just FYI.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join