It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our moon artificial? The lesser known smoking gun fact

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
In this image taken from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, you can see the PLSS part of the two astronauts' spacesuits left behind by Apollo 17:

The Apollo 17 TV footage shows the PLSS being discarded - they bounce quite a way!

The suits were worn in the LM during ascent, and would have been needed if the docking mechanism had a problem as the only other way to get into the CM was via the outside. More than one command module pilot made the returning crew get changed before getting out of the LM as they were filthy. The suits were also supposed to be worn during re-entry. Apollos 15-17 had the CM depressurised so that the CMP could get outside and retrieve camera magazines, which means all the astronauts needed to be suited up.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

So many questions. So many reasons to invent that time machine.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

Well I didn't want to say punished because be was obviously deluded.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: genma

The moon is partially hollow scientists think its like a popcorn hole matrix inside. When they hit it with something it rang like a bell. The hollow side is off centre that is why it keeps facing us. Its surface is really very hard its made of a titanium oxide or something. When they first wantd to drill into it they had real problems

Its position in the sky is and the fact it appears the same size as the moon is more than coincidental to me and sciences struggle to explain how the moon got in its present orbit.

Is it artifical I dont know. It is very peculiar though.

purp

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The "ringing like a bell" is not a huge mystery to geologists, and it has nothing at all to do with it being hollow, or partially hollow.

When the Moon vibrates (from moonquakes and from spent spacecraft crashing back to it) the seismic vibrations last for a longer period of time than originally expected -- hours rather than minutes. That longer vibration period is what they meant when they said it "rang like a bell". They knew that seismic wave vibrations on Earth dampen within minutes, but those on the Moon do not.

However, the explanation for this is not due to the Moon being hollow -- it's due to the Moon not being as cracked or as broken in general than Earth.

This article explains it:
Moonquakes

Excerpt:

On Earth, vibrations from quakes usually die away in only half a minute. The reason has to do with chemical weathering, Neal explains: "Water weakens stone, expanding the structure of different minerals. When energy propagates across such a compressible structure, it acts like a foam sponge--it deadens the vibrations." Even the biggest earthquakes stop shaking in less than 2 minutes.

The moon, however, is dry, cool and mostly rigid, like a chunk of stone or iron. So moonquakes set it vibrating like a tuning fork. Even if a moonquake isn't intense, "it just keeps going and going," Neal says. And for a lunar habitat, that persistence could be more significant than a moonquake's magnitude.

This is what they meant when they said "it rang like a bell". You can also say "it rang like a tuning fork". Bells and tuning forks that are not cracked will vibrate for a longer period of time than one that is cracked.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Now i know why it rung like a bell.

thank you for that..

Purp..

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: genma
I saw all the videos and read all the articles about the Earth's moon being an artificial construct. However I just read a new fact that I never heard before and here it is:

All of the moon's craters have the same range of depth.

To me this screams artificial more than anything else. I mean how can this be if there isn't some kind of unnatural wall or barrier beneath the surface. There's a reason why we haven't been back for over 50 years and all these facts add up. Also look up the moon hologram videos where the surface of the moon has to resynch like the picture on a tv sometimes does. There's definitely something going on. Else why haven't we went something like the Mars Curiosity up there to start drilling? I mean it rings like a bell right? Let's find out why.

Errr.. no they arn't

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I remember when I was in primary school and my teacher explaining that he thought the moon could be artificial, as the U.S had fired a rocket at it and it resonated a ringing sound. I was amazed by this and it has always stuck with me. This must have been around 1979/80, so they must have been firing rockets at the moon to ensure it was solid and they were able to make a landing there.

I couldn't find anything about the craters being the same depth, but the biggest crater is about 5km deep, although most are between 1.2 - 2km.

All objects 'ring' ffs

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

One thing i've noticed is when I stare at the moon long enough
my phone rings.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

Yes I have seen this image. Why is the terminator portion of the moon cut off?

just wondering...

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

You'd have to ask whoever compiled the image that. Remember it is a composite image made of 18 smaller frames taken 23 years ago. Image compositing like this does involve making what might be called 'artistic' decisions.

The compiler has followed a line along the lunar terminator and cut off what would otherwise be a jagged edge from the different images used. Beyond that line there would literally be nothing to see.

The key question remains: why has someone taken NASA's original and added things to it?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

The compiler has followed a line along the lunar terminator and cut off what would otherwise be a jagged edge from the different images used.

Are you saying that the image I posted showing a naturally fading terminator is photoshopped?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Quite blatantly.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
..and here's one I've just done myself to the NASA image just to show how easy it is:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I'm not saying the image I posted is unaltered...

Of course NASA is above reproach... there is never a doubt that everything they post on their sights is altered in any way...they probably don't even have photoshop...

After all, why would they hide anything right?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

You seemed quite happy to accept the photograph you posted was genuine and even asked me if I thought it was photoshopped. I posted you the original and showed you how easy it is to photoshop something in.

Iet bored of repeating this, but NASA is not the only organisation with probes around the moon. India, Japan, China, the USSR and the ESA have all imaged the moon in detail. All of the images produced by those countries' space agencies show the same things. The only different images are ones from conspiracy nutjob sites and UFO fraudsters.

I'd also remind you that at least one of the 'anomalies' in your version would be visible from Earth with an amateur telescope.

Where did you get your original from?
edit on 30-3-2015 by onebigmonkey because: and another thing..

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdamuBureido

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

originally posted by: Xcathdra

We can also look at native American oral history where they discuss the fact there was a point in time where the moon was not present.

Just because someone looks cool in eagle feathers doesn't mean they aren't talking crap.

Creation myths are just that, myths, and "a time before the moon" is as nice a way as any of saying 'like, ages ago'.

funny 'cause the a priori assumptions in that statement make the conclusion ironic

occams razor says the ancients were telling it like it is

So, ants. crows, spiders and coyotes can talk?

Harte

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: intrptr

I like the idea of slope adjustment. What mathematical modelling has been don't on this?, please provide the link I would like to read it.

What he is referring to is called the "angle of repose." It varies depending on the material that is piled up.

For a mass of material to reach the angle of repose, it has to be loose.

there's plenty of research on this because it applies to many things of importance - such as grain storage.

You could start here if you want to know more.

Harte

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
For the love of all that is holy. Sound doesn't travel in space, therefore the moon could not possibly ring!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrashUnderride
For the love of all that is holy. Sound doesn't travel in space, therefore the moon could not possibly ring!!!!!!!

Seismometers on the Moon show that vibrations from moonquakes continue to reverberate for a longer time than they do on Earth. That extended reverberation is what was described as being "like a bell". Another way to describe it is "like a tuning fork".

The reason for the extended reverberations is thought to be due to the moon being less cracked than the Earth and being more solid and monolithic than Earth. The Earth is cracked due to water infiltration and weathering. The cracked Earth dampens vibrations, so instead of vibrating for a long time like a bell or tuning fork, the earth vibrates for a short period -- like a cracked bell or cracked tuning fork.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join