It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our moon artificial? The lesser known smoking gun fact

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I wonder whats Buzz reaction would be if he was asked the question "is the moon hollow"

edit on 26-3-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Indeed - my '1973' date was from memory, I mis-remembered

dorkmission.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: D3AD537
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

why would anyone believe NASA is telling any truth at all??

Why do you believe NASA is the only organisation researching the moon?

What i mean is..there are people and a few who are ex-workers claiming nasa is a computer generating imaging station faking pictures of our entire universe,planets, solar systems,blackholes etc,

You mean the ones lying and making things up to make money? Those people? Buy a telescope - you think everything you see there is projected by NASA for your benefit?

And there are many physics scientists finding more and more answers that support the argument we are living in a simulation. So it would make sense to come to the conclusion,based on a lot of support, that the OP may in fact, be onto something.

No there aren't, and no he isn't.
edit on 27-3-2015 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I agree, more or less.

I'm not saying the oral traditions of this or that tribe are true or not. But I do want to point out that Native Americans have a story for everything. I've read countless stories about this or that group of islands, or mountain ranges etc. and how they came to be. Just something to keep in mind. I haven't read any regarding the Moon but it's interesting, I'll have to look some up.

Also, as far as the Dogon go, I think I recall reading an article or essay or something about how they could have acquired that knowledge (that being info about Sirius A and B) through normal means. I'm sorry I can't recall the details. I'm sure some digging will find it. If you really want me to find it I would be happy to since I am the one who mentioned it.

edit on 3-27-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: typo.. grr

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I wonder what wattage bulb is used
in projecting our moons hologram ?
I suspect it's a special order.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Solid items 'ring like a bell' blacksmiths anvils do, I beams do, the earth does to some extent, otherwise oil drillers would not have much information on substrata. (where they set of a small explosive charge and record the results).

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
So before NASA, and their imaging factory, who made all the images for Newton and all the rest to look at through their telescopes?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

How did it "ring" in the absence of an atmosphere for the sound to travel? I am pretty sure it rung seismically and was picked up with seismic sensors.

It didn't. His teacher was an idiot.

What's being referred to is the gleeful announcement that excellent seismic readings were captured when one of the Apollo craft took off from the Moon.

The Moon, being solid, holds a seismic vibration for a longer period than the Earth because such vibrations (seismic waves) are dampened in the Earth by the molten parts.

Harte

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
ver interesting stuff!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Not correct. Yes the earth vibrates with earthquakes, but they determined that the moon must be hollow or a lot less dense by the INTERPRETATION of the data. Anything solid will vibrate. The point is the moon vibrated like it would if it was hollow or not very dense.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

Hahahhaha this made me crack up!! What's Earths name? You obviously have zero idea what you're talking about and I see why you watch Fox News now.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If its vibrating it means there is a standing wave set up with nodes and antinodes. If the vibration frequency is known, and and moon is solid made of the material on the surface you will be able to calculate the vibration frequency. The amplitude of the wave is dependant on how hard its the moon is hit. The calculated value of frequency should be accurately predictable for a the moon solid full density, half density and tenth density hollow. The calculation shouldn't be that hard if you know the volume of moon, its the cubit density of the material its composed of, attenuation factor for that material. If the calcs are done and you compare it to the actual frequency measured, what ever that was?????
you will see if which end of scale it sits at a solid or hollow.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
If its vibrating it means there is a standing wave set up with nodes and antinodes. If the vibration frequency is known, and and moon is solid made of the material on the surface you will be able to calculate the vibration frequency. The amplitude of the wave is dependant on how hard its the moon is hit. The calculated value of frequency should be accurately predictable for a the moon solid full density, half density and tenth density hollow. The calculation shouldn't be that hard if you know the volume of moon, its the cubit density of the material its composed of, attenuation factor for that material. If the calcs are done and you compare it to the actual frequency measured, what ever that was?????
you will see if which end of scale it sits at a solid or hollow.

How's the high school physics homework assignment coming along?

Not well, huh?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Im doing other research on things that interest me more. The calculation I talked about takes some thought and the right inputs but the results don't mean a lot unless you can compare it to the vibration frequency they actually measured. I would speculate if they have seismic sensor on moon surface they have hit the moon with a number of rockets at different locations on moon to measure the attenuation characteristic for each hit so the can collate measurements for modelling the moons volumetric density.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Not correct. Yes the earth vibrates with earthquakes, but they determined that the moon must be hollow or a lot less dense by the INTERPRETATION of the data. Anything solid will vibrate. The point is the moon vibrated like it would if it was hollow or not very dense.

That's not true. It did not vibrate "like it would as if it were hollow or not very dense". The seismic data (including the "ringing") actually tell scientists that The Moon is the second densest Moon in the solar system, after Jupiter's moon Io.

The Moon vibrates from moonquakes (and from spent spacecraft crashing back to it) for a longer period of time than they expected -- hours rather than minutes. That longer vibration period is what they meant when they said it "rang like a bell". They knew that seismic wave vibrations on Earth dampen within minutes, but those on the Moon do not.

However, the explanation for this is not due to the Moon being hollow or having a low density -- it's due to the Moon not being as cracked or as broken in general than Earth.

This article explains it:
Moonquakes

Excerpt:

On Earth, vibrations from quakes usually die away in only half a minute. The reason has to do with chemical weathering, Neal explains: "Water weakens stone, expanding the structure of different minerals. When energy propagates across such a compressible structure, it acts like a foam sponge--it deadens the vibrations." Even the biggest earthquakes stop shaking in less than 2 minutes.

The moon, however, is dry, cool and mostly rigid, like a chunk of stone or iron. So moonquakes set it vibrating like a tuning fork. Even if a moonquake isn't intense, "it just keeps going and going," Neal says. And for a lunar habitat, that persistence could be more significant than a moonquake's magnitude.

This is what they meant when they said "it rang like a bell". You can also say "it rang like a tuning fork". Bells and tuning forks that are not cracked will vibrate for a longer period of time than one that is cracked. That does not mean that the Moon is hollow or of low density.

edit on 3/27/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

ar·ti·fi·cial
ˌärdəˈfiSHəl/
adjective
1. made or produced by human beings rather than occurring naturally, typically as a copy of something natural.

There's no way a human made the moon.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

The craters are impact craters not the result of natural formation under effects of gravity and erosion. .

But the slopes of the crater rims (valley rims) have all adjusted due to the moons gravity. The crater floors are left from the molten state after impact.

Gravity plays the deciding role.

"Erosion", lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I like the idea of slope adjustment. What mathematical modelling has been don't on this?, please provide the link I would like to read it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I wonder whats Buzz reaction would be if he was asked the question "is the moon hollow"

I could hazard a guess...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Sorry, I'm not a mathematician. I don't keep math links. I would hazard that land slides occur everywhere in the casmos, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join