It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida boy kills one brother, wounds another after food fight.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Never mind not worth the effort..
edit on 26-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dont hide anything from my kids ive taken em shooting they know what it does and have taught them gun safety thats what responsible people do..and by the way you forgot to hide the Toilet Plunger.a reply to: intrptr

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

Stereotypes? I suppose you believe all blacks love watermelons and chicken and mexicans wear sombreros.

We'll that's a bit of a jump; I guess I should feel bad for being an American, making a joke about America.

Man, I'll report to my nearest sensitivity re-education camp right away; thank you for straightening me out.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: daftpink

originally posted by: Lolliek
Absent fathers and no positive role models, poverty, mom just trying to make ends meet, maybe violent video games and movies as "babysitters", etc.

Umm no the only problem here is GUNS BEING LEGAL.

Tell that to the folks in Europe who may have just had their airplane used as weapon against them.

If someone wants to kill a bunch of people, they will find a way. Whether or not a gun is at hand has nothing to do with it, heck, they stab each other in China and blow each other up in the Middle East ... and guns are everywhere in the ME.

But we are talking about kids, not terrorists. So if there was no gun in that house, the little boy would have found another way to kill his brother? I doubt it. Very likely that it just would not have happened. The fact that this poor kid also shot himself after the incident hints that he did not mean to kill his little brother. It is so tragic. A 13 year old should not have to deal with that sh*t and having guns in homes and keeping them legal and a part of life, is the reason why this happened. It takes seconds to pull a trigger without really thinking, but much longer to use other weapons (as another poster suggested). It sounds like an incident that spiraled into tragedy but would not have ended in two deaths if there was no gun in the home.
I'm from UK and just find the attitude to guns being legal a weird one. Just my opinion.
edit on 27/3/2015 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is shocking! I'm also in the UK and I'd have to agree that a gun should not be left around. The parents/care givers in this scenario should be held accountable for being irresponsible. If there is a legitimate reason for a gun to be in a home where there are children residing, said gun should surely be stored correctly? I do not like judging other people on their parenting skills but in this case I think it constitutes a charge of reckless endangerment if the adults in charge left out a loaded gun in plain sight of minors. If there was no gun, there would clearly have been no shooting.

I do, however, think that comments made in previous posts are ridiculous. I can understand people making assumptions regarding this case if violence at home was an issue, but a single mum or the type of home people live in is not always relevant.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
I don't hide anything from my kids ive taken em shooting they know what it does and have taught them gun safety thats what responsible people do..and by the way you forgot to hide the Toilet Plunger.

Normally, teaching kids firearms safety is a good thing. Problem is kids normally don't go off "safe" while parents are around.

"Want to see my dads gun"?

The real problem with this family in Florida is the parents lapsed teaching their children coping skills to deal with every day emotional upset.

When that kid "got mad" enough to kill his brother, it didn't matter at that point. If a 'handgun' hand't been handy he would have reached for a 'hand rock' and done it from behind just as easily. Teaching kids how to shot is fine, teaching them how to 'let go' of anger is most important.

"Forgot to hide the family plunger", too funny.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If the 13 year old was prone to irrational and angry outbursts he should not have been left partially to care for a younger child. I have a son who is 13 and has occasional angry outburst and I would not dream of leaving him to care for his younger sisters.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I agree with you coping skills are a must with guns present. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: demondonna
a reply to: intrptr

If the 13 year old was prone to irrational and angry outbursts he should not have been left partially to care for a younger child. I have a son who is 13 and has occasional angry outburst and I would not dream of leaving him to care for his younger sisters.

No one ever expects ahead of time for children to go that far. As far as your child, does he direct his anger at things or others? Also, letting the anger out is a good thing. More concerning are the ones that keep it all in. The quiet angry ones.

Whats your rationale for letting it continue?

Sorry, I don't know your situation, just bouncing off what you say.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

Well of course you would think legal guns are weird. You're from the UK.

I think socialized medicine is weird. I'm from the US.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have no idea what socialized medicine is, sorry.

I don't think it's a bad thing to think it strange that people are cool with guns either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join