It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida boy kills one brother, wounds another after food fight.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This is a horrible atrocity, upon reading this article my stomach turned a bit.

link to Article

(CNN)A 13-year-old Florida boy killed his 6-year-old brother and wounded an older sibling following a food disagreement -- then committed suicide with the same gun, authorities said.

"This is a nightmare when you hear about the ages of these boys," said Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco. "A 6-year-old that was probably playing in his room, an argument over food, and he lost his life."

First off why was there a loaded gun in a house with three minors??

Second of what we're three minors doing home alone??

What are we coming to as Supposed responsible Adults...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886

A 13-year-old Florida boy killed his 6-year-old brother and wounded an older sibling following a food disagreement -- then committed suicide with the same gun, authorities said. "This is a nightmare when you hear about the ages of these boys," said Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco. "A 6-year-old that was probably playing in his room, an argument over food, and he lost his life." The incident took place Wednesday at a mobile home park in Hudson that the shooter shared with three brothers and his mom.

That answers both your questions.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Absent fathers and no positive role models, poverty, mom just trying to make ends meet, maybe violent video games and movies as "babysitters", etc.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Third, Isn't thirteen old enough to leave kids home alone? Maybe the parents work?

My take is the main stream medias splashing murder and violence from mass shootings on every ones screens is beginning to show.

By the way are there TVs in that house? By the time a kid is teenager he's seen thousands of murderdeathkill on TV.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Not with a loaded firearm in the house with out an adult IMHO a reply to: intrptr

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You highlighted two Words Florida, Mobile home park those are generalizations with no proof, and do you mind sharing where this source came from?? reply to: eNumbra

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Not with a loaded firearm in the house with out an adult IMHO a reply to: intrptr

His intent to murder somebody should be the issue, not whatever means he employed.

Unless you listen to the main stream.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As disagreeable as this is, you make a valid point...it is the fact that "killing" to resolve a minor problem was so quickly and easily arrived too.

The loaded gun around probably un-initiated children is extremely worrisome, if not downright idiotic (it is), but I suspect a single mother living in a single wide couldn't afford a gunsafe, nor a CCW inorder to take the fire-arm with her. Im sure we dont know her back ground, maybe theres a psychotic ex, that made her fear for her life. Tragic set of circumstances.

The real question we have to ask is what is breaking down in our society that our children are killing one another. We are all so fired up worried about defending our violent society, IE movies, video games etc...and then we wonder why these things happen in greater and greater frequency.

If there was no gun would this child have grabbed a knife, or bludgeoned the poor sibling to death. I find it remarkable that Hollywood stars get all "Up in Arms" (literally), but then take offense when questioned regarding the sensationalized violence they portray on the screen, allowing themselves to live in the lap of luxery while softer, less fortunate minds have their psyches shattered continually...same thing as monarch programming, just en masse.

It's not the guns, its society.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

It's not the guns, its society.

But "the guns" are considered the problem in the main stream, right? Its a bigger tragedy because a gun was involved?

How can one question that at a time like this when theres been "such a horrible tragedy"? How can we remove private ownership of firearms? By associating all the tragic instances with them. At the same time the US is the biggest arms dealer on the planet, but don't look there, look at this over here.

I'm going to shut up now, I won't respond to any of the flaming responses…

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Start with the end of parents raising their kids, and you'll find the path to how this happened.

I was 9 my sister 12 when we were left home alone... With guns and ammo readily available.. Nobody got shot because we were both thourghly trained in fire arm safety.

The gun wasn't the cause of this situation.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You guys are right im a big gun advocate i was trying to state that a responsible Person should have been aware of the situation it could have been avoided a reply to: BlueJacket

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hey I thought I was agreeing with you! hehe

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Sorry about that, we were agreeing, that last bit was directed at others.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with the kids being home alone...one being 13 and one being older is sufficient enough to take care of a 6 year old (my 6 year old anyways is pretty damn self sufficient). The problem is with the loaded gun. It was not properly secured by the mom. Teenagers go thru so much that a lot of them suffer from anger issues at some point. The gun was made easily available and thats why we have this tragedy. Some kids, with the proper training, can be trusted around guns but for the most part kids should not be near them.

Also I want to make it clear that I am not blaming the gun itself but the parties involved.
edit on 26-3-2015 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hopefully not me im a supporter of everyone being armed to the teeth but with that comes responsibility.a reply to: intrptr

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

…with that comes responsibility.

Yah, but super-ceded in this case by the mentality of a teen.

After all, if he knows where the guns are and how they operate he probably knows where the ammo is, too.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Its the parents fault for not realizing the mental instability of this child thus the parents or parent should have removed the firearm from the property till mental stability to this teen has returned there is no excuse im all for 2nd amendment rights but not to mentally incompetent people and where you are coming from makes no sense you are trying to state that it has nothing to do with the actual firearm. Mental incompetence or incapicity prevent anyone from owning a firearm or do you feel that they should have the right? a reply to: intrptr

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

where you are coming from makes no sense you are trying to state that it has nothing to do with the actual firearm.

Right. It has to do with intent. Keep making it about the 'evil gun' though.

Firearms are inanimate objects, except in the hands of the main scream.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think your not reading my posts or you have a mental incapicity because i am stating that i support the 2nd Amendment and you are making it seem like i dont there is obviously an issue here that seems to be out of your understanding i have lots of fire arms the day my kids or me have an issue where it would put my family at risk id move em temporarily till the problem is solved. to: intrptr

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You must be pretty new if you don't understand; Florida often in the news for, strange, uncivilized and unbelievable news stories.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join