It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘X-Files’ officially returning to Fox in Summer 2015

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I hear that this is not really a re-boot but a 6 part mini-series continuing the old story but 10 years later.

screenrant.com...

David said
“I’m assuming that it will happen sooner rather than later now. We’ll see what form, how many [episodes]. Certainly I can’t nor would I be interested in doing a full season. It will be in some kind of limited form. We’re all old, we don’t have the energy for a full season.”

See what happens, id love to have full seasons but id settle for a mini series.

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
I hear that this is not really a re-boot but a 6 part mini-series continuing the old story but 10 years later.

screenrant.com...

David said
“I’m assuming that it will happen sooner rather than later now. We’ll see what form, how many [episodes]. Certainly I can’t nor would I be interested in doing a full season. It will be in some kind of limited form. We’re all old, we don’t have the energy for a full season.”

See what happens, id love to have full seasons but id settle for a mini series.

www.rollingstone.com...

I think it all depends on the viewer ratings and how much money they get. I am sure there are a few seasons left in them depending on the offer....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let's all try and use our brains for a moment...
This isn't a 're-boot', if that was the case it would not have the lead actors that defined the series.

This 6 episode cycle will most surely address the main story 'arc', the 'mythology' of the x-files that fans had to endure waiting for snippets of through all the self contained episodes of monsters, and other unrelated incidents.

Chris Carter knows very well that the fans don't want 6 episodes with self contained stories that do nothing to tie up all of the loose ends.
It will most probably be 6 episodes that are all focused on the mythology.
The chemistry between Anderson and Duchovny is inevitable, so that won't be the problem.
I just hope Carter can pull together a cohesive thread in 6 eps, it won't be easy.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is awesome

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I heard about this!! So stoked!! That was my favorite TV for a looong time!!!! I had such a crush on Molder hahaha...
Had a X-files marathon last summer, spent two months watching all seasons on Netflix lol..
That shown was seriously ahead of its time.. It was still awesome over a decade later..

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SalientSkivvy

Californication is my favorite show. Amazing that all that sex between people who are so screwed up could be so emotionally moving and morally touching and yet still be so funny.

I have thought about trying to watch a marathon, all 7 seasons of it at once, but that would involve some big dollars.

Now that it is over I guess a new X-Files is the best thing that could be, but David is always going to be Hank Moody to me now. I think in real life he is much more Moody than Mulder.

Mulder was never a sex addict.

But if I was to pick the single greatest moment in TV history, it would not be “one small step”, it would have to be when that bug crawled across the screen.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Skinner is baaaaaaaccccckkkkkk!!!!!

Woot Woot!

Source

Fox's "X-Files" reboot will officially welcome back another veteran alongside David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. Mitch Pileggi has signed on to join the six-episode revival series.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I will definitely have to do some binge catchup to remember things after all these years....

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I am getting so excited!!! I really hope that this leads into a new spin-off. I have heard rumor that if this goes well it could be the "passing of the torch" to a new generation of X-Files.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
good news. This just adds another level of excitement IMO. I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wow, really?!?!?!?!?

This is awesome!!!!! Love that show. Six episodes....I guess to see how it does. Far and away better than so much on tv these days!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's summer! Where's our X-Files?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Its currently in production. Unfortunately we're all screwed until January 24, 2016

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Some info from the set including a pic:

Spoiler alert: photo of UFO crash site leaked from X-FILES set

edit on 13-6-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I would track you down and hurt you for posting that, if Chris Carter had not been known to plant fake spoilers in the past. Can any experts tell if any Photoshopping is going on with that pic?

Honestly though, I love spoilers. My husband never watched the x-files *gasp* I know, but please don't judge him as harshly as I did for that. Anyways I am making him watch it now and often can't refrain from giving spoilers.

I have been contemplating making a "Re-watch of the X-Files" thread for those of us who are doing just that in anticipation of the new season. I thought it would be cool to have a place to talk about old episodes, and discuss things such as how modern events can cause us to see any of the episodes in new light and such. I just have been too lazy, if someone else wants to start the thread be my guest, otherwise I just might have too in the next few days.
edit on 6/14/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Some info from the set including a pic:

Spoiler alert: photo of UFO crash site leaked from X-FILES set

AWESOME!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: opethPA

I would track you down and hurt you for posting that, if Chris Carter had not been known to plant fake spoilers in the past. Can any experts tell if any Photoshopping is going on with that pic?

Eh..anyone with a passing knowledge of UFO lore should have figured what that scene implies almost immediately.

Also it's not a new season but rather a 6 episode mini-event to tie up various story lines...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Eh..anyone with a passing knowledge of UFO lore should have figured what that scene implies almost immediately.

Also it's not a new season but rather a 6 episode mini-event to tie up various story lines...

Never watched the x-files before or spent and time on ATS, silly 'ole me wouldn't have a clue.

As far as the fact that I called it a "season" instead of a "mini-event" well, David Duchovny himself referred to it as a short season. The term revival is also being throw around a lot.

Seriously though, next time I get the urge to tease someone and have a sense of humor, I will call you in to quickly squash it for me. Speaking for squashing....

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

Never watched the x-files before or spent and time on ATS, silly 'ole me wouldn't have a clue.

As far as the fact that I called it a "season" instead of a "mini-event" well, David Duchovny himself referred to it as a short season. The term revival is also being throw around a lot.

Seriously though, next time I get the urge to tease someone and have a sense of humor, I will call you in to quickly squash it for me. Speaking for squashing....

No no..Damn interwebz..

It's easy to lose intent or context if you don't use a billion emojis to convey emotion..lol

I wasn't trying to,squash anything was just saying facts..

As for the UFO history part, have your heard of Roswell because that shot is a pretty traditional looking imitation of the alleged Roswell crash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join