It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘X-Files’ officially returning to Fox in Summer 2015

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
TV forum didn't show in my search.

The earlier thread is the third link in the search returns.

Not even on the first page in my search:

I would think they would come up in order on the search, and the thread I just made didn't even come up. I guess they come up in order of number of posts or something?
edit on 3/24/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Meh. Another example of Hollywood scraping the 90's nostalgia barrel instead of thinking up new ideas. I wonder if they are doing this because Fringe didn't end up being as successful as they thought it would?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here's another screenshot of a search I just did for "X-Files" again, and as you can see I am on the first page and I do now see my thread close to the bottom but no mention of the other one.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Never really got into this show until recently. All of a sudden, out of nowhere I had the nagging urge to watch Star Trek:The Next Generation . Loved it, and from that I decided to give X-Files a chance. Season 3 turned me into a huge fan.

I wonder how they'll change it, and whether it will add or subtract from the legacy.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Yep, it's a reboot.

Nowadays, people in the industry either really are lazy when it comes to writing or investors are too greedy and are not willing to take risks since they know people will like whatever reheated non-artistic crap they will dish out.

In any other case I would agree with you, but no other show has had such an outpouring of fans demanding it be brought back. The fans have consistently stated their demands for the show to be brought and given closure for how many years now?

So this isn't just some "Uh, can't come up with any original ideas so lets steal an idea from the past."

This is fan demanding answers and closure.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
wow, i never thought i'd see the day. watched every episode from pilot to finale. definitely sparked my paranormal interests as a kid. that and it gave me consistent nightmares every fricken week!

i'm SO super psyched. even if it is only 6 episodes. i'll take it.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Archa Ballet back in the role of Skully??? love it!!!!!!!
edit on 24-3-2015 by XsweetNspiceyX because: NYQUIL

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I literally can't wait till summer! One of my all time favorite shows on tv, ever. Let us all hope there is a lot of viewers then they can make a whole lot more than just the 6 shows they are planning for now! Can't wait till summer!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Meh. Another example of Hollywood scraping the 90's nostalgia barrel instead of thinking up new ideas. I wonder if they are doing this because Fringe didn't end up being as successful as they thought it would?

Fringe tried too hard. They tried to reach too far, too fast.

This from someone who planted herself, with warnings not to disturb, in front of the first episode of Star Trek.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yea. I really enjoyed the first two seasons of Fringe, then it just reached way too far with the alternate universe thing. It also seemed like the show was setup to take you in one direction then all of the sudden changed gears a few seasons in. The shady, corporation was typecast as the entity that they would have to constantly deal with in regards to these events, but then it turns out that the corporation is actually good.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Annee

Yea. I really enjoyed the first two seasons of Fringe, then it just reached way too far with the alternate universe thing. It also seemed like the show was setup to take you in one direction then all of the sudden changed gears a few seasons in. The shady, corporation was typecast as the entity that they would have to constantly deal with in regards to these events, but then it turns out that the corporation is actually good.

Really too bad.

Great characters. Awesome charisma between the main characters.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Here's another screenshot of a search I just did for "X-Files" again, and as you can see I am on the first page and I do now see my thread close to the bottom but no mention of the other one.

Trying to figure out how the search here actually works. When I search X-Files I duplicate the exact same results you got. Yours on first page and mine on second. Maybe it's something to do with chronological order based on when the thread was started?

This is a shot of the current recent topics showing both our threads and both in the Television forum with both having X-Files as the start. An obvious difference is you have single quotes 'X-Files' while mine just says X-Files. I can't edit my original thread title or else it would be interesting to see how that impacts a thread.

edit on 24-3-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Yeah...SO said if I had put more terms in the search yours would have come up. Unfortunately I only searched the X-files term and nothing popped up on the first page so I assumed nothing had been posted since I figured it was a timestamp based search with the most recent posts in a thread weighing the heaviest....obviously I was incorrect.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I am not surprised that it's coming back.
Neither Anderson or Duchovny made anything else worth noting.

Damned glad they are reprising. Let's get the ratings up so we can get more than 6 episodes!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

oh yeah!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

I am not surprised that it's coming back.
Neither Anderson or Duchovny made anything else worth noting.

Damned glad they are reprising. Let's get the ratings up so we can get more than 6 episodes!

I would say Californication probably made Duchovny a LOT more than X-files. Though I wasn't really a fan of it.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yay!!! I love this show!! I cant't wait wait to watch it. I've been watching Twin Peaks the past few days on Netflix and man is this show weird. I can see how the creators of X-Files were influenced by the show.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It likely reinforced his sex addition and end of his marriage....not a good thing in my book.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
Californication has been a very successful role for David.

Gillian is in Hannibal, and although her role is minor so far, it's a fantastic show.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If the last X Files movie is any indication then I'm not too confident in this reboot. I'm interested though and will definitely watch it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join