It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘X-Files’ officially returning to Fox in Summer 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

She was also in that show where the President's son, along with other teens, were kidnapped. SShe's been around but no staying power.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
One of my favs, so am more than excited. So many new topics to base the shows off of after 10 plus years. It should be pretty interesting

edit on 24-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: it

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I don't understand what you're ultimately driving at?

you said:

"Neither Anderson or Duchovny made anything else worth noting."

That's subjective, and not my opinion.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: Ultralight
Californication has been a very successful role for David.

Gillian is in Hannibal, and although her role is minor so far, it's a fantastic show.

Love Hannibal....excellent show.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

She was also in that show where the President's son, along with other teens, were kidnapped. SShe's been around but no staying power.

I think her staying power was Duchovny....she isn't a lead.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: opethPA

This one got moved from another forum...TV forum didn't show in my search. Anywho...this was just the announcement from Fox that happened earlier.

Says a lot about the way searching works here..

Your thread starts with "X-Files" and the older thread starts with "X-Files" and both in the same forum..

How can both exist in the same forum? Queue Xfiles Theme and call Mulder!!!!!!!

Been waiting for this for years! FYI: by reboot, I don't think they mean actual reboot where the story is started over ... I think they mean its just coming back. I also beleive the six episodes is just to judge of interest will be nearly, as, or higher than before. Lots of interest will for sure allow for a serialized series to begin again. But, it better be as good, if not better (given the history between then and now as mentioned) there is plenty of good material for the writers.

Off-topic: It should be stated that if you are posting something you know is recent to the internet (e.g. within the last 24 hours) it would likely be best to look at the "New" tab rather than doing a search. ATS might not have have that particular page cached into its system or the system has not updated yet for the search results to show what you are looking for. It amazes me when people post something that has already been posted and is near the top on the "New" tab. Happens a lot.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I always loved the X files and can't wait for this to come back! Very exciting, but 6 shows is just a teaser.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe The new X-Files will be only 6 segments, but at least they are coming back.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

I will take whatever I can get!!

I am hoping that if the response goes well they will extend it possibly back into a series. One can dream...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Looks like I'll be turning my TV back on! BOOM BOOM FKIN BOOM!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

a reply to: and14263
Looks like I'll be turning my TV back on!

be careful ....TPTB are out there

edit on 25-3-2015 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
it's going to be a limited series apparently, but they are probably just playing it safe to gauge viewer interest.
If the show is good and gets lots of attention, of course they will squeeze the franchise.
after all, with government spying, fake wars, police state...the world is ripe with issues that the series that feed off from, lots of reasons why people can relate to what Mulder and Scully are fighting for.

and if it takes place in very current times, without spoiling much i will say:
THEY BETTER ADDRESS WHAT HAPPENED IN 2012 BECAUSE I WAS EXPECTING AN X FILES THAT YEAR.

maybe the entire mini series will be all about what happened 22 december 2012.

I'm definitely psyched for this, but if they are about any of those topics you mentioned I will not be interested at all. This is a sci-fi show about the paranormal and the unknown, not about politics.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Yep, it's a reboot.

Nowadays, people in the industry either really are lazy when it comes to writing or investors are too greedy and are not willing to take risks since they know people will like whatever reheated non-artistic crap they will dish out.

Actually not quite. It takes place after the last movie.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yep, it's a reboot.

Nowadays, people in the industry either really are lazy when it comes to writing or investors are too greedy and are not willing to take risks since they know people will like whatever reheated non-artistic crap they will dish out.

The OP claims it's a reboot but I really hope you're right!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yep, it's a reboot.

The OP claims it's a reboot but I really hope you're right!

well according to chris carter its to tie up all the loose ends So if it was a "true reboot" they would just drop that right? they mean "re boot" as in being brought back to FOX for its limited run.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm excited for this too, bummed it's only going to be 6 episodes.
Keep me from wasting too much time watching it I spose, and hopefully that means it'll be quality over quantity.
Some of the stories in the 1st series were stretching it...the sewer monster...don't need more of that lol.
So I wonder if they will be focused on more modern conspiracies and topics?
I know someone mentioned 9/11 but that's not really aligned with the paranormal focus of the show.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Annee

Yea. I really enjoyed the first two seasons of Fringe, then it just reached way too far with the alternate universe thing. It also seemed like the show was setup to take you in one direction then all of the sudden changed gears a few seasons in. The shady, corporation was typecast as the entity that they would have to constantly deal with in regards to these events, but then it turns out that the corporation is actually good.

I loved Fringe, and then near the end, they just wrote themselves into a corner, and did a 360 suddenly, and boom, forgot all about what they'd spent a few seasons building. I could barely watch that last season - only watched it to get to the end, and it was so dreadfully boring, I still can't remember how it ended.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

I think Fringe tried to be too close to the X-Files while at the same time have a defined conspiracy to work around. One of the things that made X-Files work for so long was that the conspiracy was so damn vague and could change at the drop of the hat. Just invent a new force that is manipulating things behind the scenes and BAM you can retcon the story you did a few seasons ago that fingers aliens as real.

It looked like Fringe was going down that path for the first season or so, but then decided to cement an actual antagonist into the mix after that which made it stupidly confusing and created tons of plot holes. I was disappointed too, because I really wanted that show to work.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
I stopped watching things on TV long ago, generally only watch a few shows here and there if at all. But if there doing a new X-Files show. Sounds good, the originals shows were always pretty entertaining.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I really didn't like the last season of fringe. To the point that I couldn't finish it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join