It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got buzzed by a hot squad of attack helicopters...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You may have seen a Super Puma

upload.wikimedia.org...

Similar from a distance.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Michigan

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

That could be a possibility. It's honestly already fuzzy. I just remember thinking "russian troop transport" and thinking of old 80's afganistan footage.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Thank you for your reply. I am not trying to be a jerk. I just was curious.

I learn alot from you guys. And I appreciate your posts.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

There are several air National Guard bases in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana.

Any of these close by?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

That sounds pretty awesome, Ive watched the 101st and 82nd and related divisions perform their air assault demonstrations up at Ft. Campbell KT and that is definitely a sight to behold. Next time they come around low level go out and wave to them, AH-64`s you probably couldn't see the pilots but in a UH-60 focus on the gunners door or a CH-47 the rear deck if its lowered or the window just behind the pilot`s seat to see them waving back at you.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

No jerkiness on your part was insinuated or anything. Glad to help.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the AH-1's were retired from active service. The airframes on most are over 30 years old. You'll see many in private hands or some are used by the national forestry service....

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

My buddy reckons they mighta been marines cause of the Cobras? maybe marines in a joint op going up to grayling for something? I've bern combing through chopper pics I'm Almost certain they were Cobras.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Yes grayling is directly north of me. I reckon that's where they were headed. Bout 65 miles or so north of me the way the chopper flies.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Quite a few AH-1s are still in service. The Army retired all of theirs, but the Marines operate the AH-1W Super Cobra, and the AH-1Z Viper.

The AH-1W used an improved engine, as well as an improved targeting, and weapons systems. The AH-1Z uses a four bladed rotor, and the Night Targeting System.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
# hooks are not attack helicopters.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

So does that put you closer to Mount Pleasant? Could have been transitioning from Battle Creek to Grayling. Or, just headed up to the practice area I mentioned before.

If you're closer to Cadillac, you may have seen them heading back fun Minnow MOA out over Lake Michigan. I believe they do live fire out there too, but it's a hike for choppers I would imagine.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I had to wet my wool inserts because the rotor wash tends to burn your hands when rappelling out of them. Zero day at Air Assault school! The ten toughest days in the Army!

On a serious note: I wouldn't worry about it. Tensions are high right now in the world. Be glad they are training to protect your freedom even if your government is to blame.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I'm just to the west of flint. Bishop international airport is only about 4 miles from me, the planes take off/land in my backyard pretty much. Always east to west or west to east. Some times they bank hard to the north or south but I've never seen anything going directly south to north before.

These guys went right through/under the main flight line of bishop does that sound normal?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Chinooks are pretty awesome, and they are definitely attack helicopters the day that's the only thing in the area to save your ass. Them mini guns will do some pretty serious work if need be lol.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

They were under ATC control when they did. If there's no traffic then they'll let them cut across the airport. If there's traffic, they'll make them stay clear and go around, or wait until there's an opening.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Also my buddy kept saying "maybe outa battle creek?" But that doesn't add up to me. Battle creek - Grayling Via Flint???

Maybe they swooped by the airport staying low to see if the airport could spot them? There's not exactly radar on every corner to try and dodge Ya know. Would probably be good to test/train the airport crew?

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Chinooks are pretty awesome, and they are definitely attack helicopters the day that's the only thing in the area to save your ass. Them mini guns will do some pretty serious work if need be lol.

We have AH64 and the RAH66. Those are attack helicopters. The CH47 isn't an attack helicopter it's a Cargo Helicopter. UH60 is a Utility Helicopter.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The Comanche never entered service. There's the Apache and the Kiowa Warrior, which is going away soon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join