It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire family attacks police officers at WalMart - One family member dead..Breaking

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Anyafaj

Oh I know the feeling!

I need to spring clean my laptop, probably using grenades of some kind!

Mine's over 5 years old. Half the keys don't even show up when I click on them to type anymore. The mouse pad only works 40% of the time. I'm thisclose to calling it PaperWeight. LOL Considering I paid $250 for a refurbished AND it was ahead of it's time when I bought it in terms of the Windows and the amount of GIG and RAM, 5 years isn't bad I'd say.
edit on 3/22/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Hmmm...

Desperate, wackos, both? It certainly seems as though there is more to know about this bunch. I would imagine that a documentary on the incident would be telling. You have to wonder how these situations come about after all. Are these people displaced from elsewhere? Were they victims of the banking crash, made crazy by the state of their lives? Or were they just plain old fashioned crazy?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Now I'm opposed to gay polygamist marriage too.

By the way Walmarts encourage campers to camp out in their store lots.

EDITOR'S NOTE: In a survey on our web site, we asked our readers "How many times in 1999 did you stay overnight at Wal-Mart?" Of the 227 respondents, one-third had stayed at least one night, with 23% staying three or more times.

free campgrounds

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: TrueBrit
here is another report, i find it funny people camping out in the walmart packing lots in az.

From what I hear, a lot of people park RVs, etc in Walmart lots overnight...longer if they can. Kind of a nomad/homeless refuge for some.
no. I think it was Sam Walton who instituted a policy that Rvers and others that were at risk for driving too long could use an empty portion of his parking lots so they would not fall asleep on the road or have an accident due to fatigue. also he reasoned they would not know how to find a camp ground in unfamiliar territory at night. He did this out of the kindness of his heart. It is only supposed to be for a night and you cannot deploy all your camping gear. It is now at the discretion of the management. most still allow this but some don't because some people abuse this favor. and things like this.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

where i live in fl, i have yet to see the first RV parked in them overnight and we have 12 of them with in 30 min driving time or less from my home. i've gone by many of them daily. never seen the first person camping out there. not saying it doesn't happen just haven't seen it here.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The two walmarts near me have rv's and campers out front all the time. Ive known for awhile about Walmart allowing overnight parking although I have never heard of any incidents such as this. Sounds like something out of one of the wrong turn movies.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

here is another report, i find it funny people camping out in the walmart packing lots in az.

From what I hear, a lot of people park RVs, etc in Walmart lots overnight...longer if they can. Kind of a nomad/homeless refuge for some.
no. I think it was Sam Walton who instituted a policy that Rvers and others that were at risk for driving too long could use an empty portion of his parking lots so they would not fall asleep on the road or have an accident due to fatigue. also he reasoned they would not know how to find a camp ground in unfamiliar territory at night. He did this out of the kindness of his heart. It is only supposed to be for a night and you cannot deploy all your camping gear. It is now at the discretion of the management. most still allow this but some don't because some people abuse this favor. and things like this.

A lot of times, you'll see semi's parked there either for a few hours, or overnight for a quick snooze. It's not an unusual sight in most of the ones I've seen. Most, not all.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rustydog

well another thing is that many of the walmarts here are in town and not any where near a camp grounds, or interstates or major hwys that RV's would tend to be. i'll have to go by the one that are near the interstate, or the tourist traps and check them out.

plus most of the time their parking lots are slap a@@ full. we got one here that when i do darken their door, i always have to walk a half a mile to get in, or circle the lot waiting for a spot up front.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Could you provide some links to other reportage on this issue?

I only ask, because if the officers were under fire from the moment they arrived, that puts an entirely different complexion on the scenario.

I went through, I cannot remember which link said under fire, if one of the links I saw DID say under fire, they've changed it to say under attack. Here's the links I could find in the meantime. My energy is beginning to drain, so I might be conking out here in a few. It's also possible I was reading one webpage, while or after reading one of these pages and confused the two. I have memory problems, so it's possible, but I don't think I did it, but if I did, I apologize it wasn't intentional. Here's extra links for you anyway though. Most just regurgitate the same thing though.

KPHO

AZCent ral

AZCentral2

WTVR

Fox2Now

VerdeNews

Tuscan News Now

USA Today

Arizona City News Line

CNN

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

When I first started the job I have now, I spent about 4 nights in a Walmart parking lot (in my truck though). I was broke, 1,000 miles from home, and had nowhere to go. Luckily no one said a word to me, and when I got my first check I spent a big chunk of it there.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: rustydog

well another thing is that many of the walmarts here are in town and not any where near a camp grounds, or interstates or major hwys that RV's would tend to be. i'll have to go by the one that are near the interstate, or the tourist traps and check them out.

plus most of the time their parking lots are slap a@@ full. we got one here that when i do darken their door, i always have to walk a half a mile to get in, or circle the lot waiting for a spot up front.

Is it payday or near a payday when you go? That or it could be near food stamp payday. My ex used to call it "n*t to b*tt" shopping. Packed tighter than sardines. I try to avoid those days. I used to go in the middle of the night when it had less people and was quieter but now my night blindness is much worse. It's very hard to see the yellow road lines at night, but all those headlights in my eyes blind me and make it difficult to drive, I try to wait about 5 days, then I go.
edit on 3/22/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe
Yes it is a bit more unusual then normal, that is for things that happen in or around a Walmart.

But then again, considering other then the fact about that one guy dying, the rest is not be all that surprising...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

really couldn't say, as i said i don't darken their door with my shadow that much i can't stand walmart, it's the very last place i go if i can't find something any where else. the one i'm talking about is the closest and in the middle of two towns. also it is in one of the most congested area of the county. i drive by it at least 10 times a week and at different times of the day, the parking lot is always full or pretty near.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

really couldn't say, as i said i don't darken their door with my shadow that much i can't stand walmart, it's the very last place i go if i can't find something any where else. the one i'm talking about is the closest and in the middle of two towns. also it is in one of the most congested area of the county. i drive by it at least 10 times a week and at different times of the day, the parking lot is always full or pretty near.

Out of curiosity, with the two towns, is it the ONLY Walmart between them? If so that would explain things. If not, well, I got nothing.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Greathouse
I could be wrong but when I read about the Idaho tags. My first thought was survivalists or a family living off the grid maybe even freeman movement.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not only is it full of survivalists, it's a hot bed of crazy sovereign-ists and white supremacy groups.

You base that off of what information??? You're wrong Smee. People live there because it's a beautiful place geez. Have a look..Idaho

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This happened in Arizona correct? Not Idaho . reply to: sean

edit on 22-3-2015 by MamaShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaShredAK
This happened in Arizona correct? Not Idaho . reply to: sean

The family involved was from Idaho

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

i take it that there was a fight over one of the cops gun. one suspect dead, one shot in the gut, cop shot in the leg, three shots fired and all accounted for.
here is another report.

can't post a quote so here's the link.

Brawl with police outside Arizona Wal-Mart leads to 1 suspect dead, 1 officer wounded

The story you quoted said that an employee was checking into a large crowd being in the bathroom. I wonder if the family was trying to make a one of those "Walmart meth labs" out of the bathroom. Go around the store, collect all the necessary ingredients and get cooking..... I hear that's become quite the thing nowadays.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Greathouse
I could be wrong but when I read about the Idaho tags. My first thought was survivalists or a family living off the grid maybe even freeman movement.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not only is it full of survivalists, it's a hot bed of crazy sovereign-ists and white supremacy groups.

You base that off of what information??? You're wrong Smee. People live there because it's a beautiful place geez. Have a look..Idaho

Well said!

Well, if the case is meth as some articles mention, there is meth all over the country now, no matter what state!

While blurry looks to be an Ada county plate, which would be Boise. That's southern Idaho. Survivalists, etc. are in the north more so according to our lovely stereotypes.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow. I was at Walmart today and I brought some chicken breasts and veggies.

Just goes to show you, if you go out looking for trouble, you may find it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join