It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire family attacks police officers at WalMart - One family member dead..Breaking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is something to find out WHY?? What happened here? Was this all over a roll of toilet paper or something much larger? A Walmart clerk was involved, too soon to know the details but I'd like to know.

When officers arrived the suspects were in the parking lot and immediately attacked the responding officers. During the altercation, one of the CPD officers received a gun shot wound to his leg. One of the suspects was shot and killed.
A second suspect was shot in the abdomen. Seven other suspects were eventually taken into custody. A total of eight officers and another Wal-Mart employee were assaulted in the parking lot during the fight. Seven of those officers sustained minor injuries to include lacerations and bruising.

Breaking news article
edit on 3 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It's an isolated event or is it..???

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Everyone should just be allowed to be who they are.

Must fear the police state.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thats just bizarre ......there seems to be very little info on this at the moment......why on earth would a whole family go nuts like that.....?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I am dumbfounded.

An entire family unit? The report says that the officers who responded to the initial call were immediately set upon by members of the family. Are we to assume that no orders were issued by the officers previous to their coming under attack, such was the immediacy of the assault on their persons? And with regard to the officer with the gunshot wound, I wonder if they were shot with their own weapon, another officers weapon, or a weapon belonging to one of the suspects?

I would be the first to question any lethal response by law enforcement to a fracas, but if the reportage available thus far is anything to go by, I cannot say the same in this instance. Of course, more data will no doubt be forthcoming on this incident, and I would dearly love to examine whatever further information comes to light. I get the feeling that this is a little too fresh to get a good read on, as incidents go.

I have seen family units behave with a terrifying cohesion, and once heard a mother screaming at another woman, while punching her repeatedly in the face, "I DON'T GIVE A ****, MY SON IS PERFECT!" . This was after a playground altercation in which the mothers boy had just shattered the bones in another kids wrist, for fun. Everyone saw it, everyone knew her son was a wrong'un, and yet when challenged on the issue and told to learn how to raise children properly (fair bloody comment if you ask me) she flipped out and backed her little sociopath to the hilt.

It is POSSIBLE that this situation may have had similar origins to a degree, a family knit together by such loyalty that they would rather escalate a situation in order to save face, than admit fault on their part, or on the part of any single individual within the group. I would imagine that this sort of solidarity would have meant that any threat to the group would have been responded to with total commitment. But again, this is too fresh to get a good read on, and so this is all speculation.

As I said... We need more on this issue.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Thats just bizarre ......there seems to be very little info on this at the moment......why on earth would a whole family go nuts like that.....?

Idaho. It explains everything.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Well they must have saw the lights on the cop cars and thought it was a blue light special. Cant be to careful around Walmart.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Idaho... yup.

Walmart explains the rest.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Idaho?
I'm not getting it.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah... Arizona Walmart, Idaho license plates.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

So "Bath Salt Saturday" is a family affair now?

Seriously, who would do this and expect to have a good outcome?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well they must have saw the lights on the cop cars and thought it was a blue light special. Cant be to careful around Walmart.

BWA HAHAHA yep you wouldn't want to be a cop in a car with blue lights on. The mobs would attack.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Idaho. It explains everything.

A search on Idaho just makes it more confusing....is this for real ?...there is a law not allowing residents to fish off a giraffes back ?...lol...no wonder they are nuts....

www.dumblaws.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Everyone should just be allowed to be who they are.

Must fear the police state.

The altercation started BEFORE police even arrived. This time it's NOT about the police. They were assaulting a Walmart employee, I believe another employee or Walmart called the police, the family began attacking the cops AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVED, what were the cops to do? Twiddle thumbs? One employee tried to help the cops and got a broken arm for it.
edit on 3/22/2015 by Anyafaj because: Amended under fire to attacked.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I mean, it's not even like they dry gulched a lone officer. They went toe to toe with eight of them in some Walmartian reconstruction of the battle of the OK Corral or something. WTF.

It's like a remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" or something.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I could be wrong but when I read about the Idaho tags. My first thought was survivalists or a family living off the grid maybe even freeman movement.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Excuse me, but did you read the same report I did?

The officers were ATTACKED. The report made no mention of them coming under immediate FIRE, and that is a distinction of some significant importance. If the police came under fire immediately that their cruisers arrived, then the reportage fails to say as much.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've had to much "we will not be sued" speak lately. I have no issue with investigation of facts. I do have issue and no tolerance for people that have to put a spin on their response. The truth is the truth. You shouldn't have to think about it. It just is!

This seems to be a mini rant. I hope no details yet is due to the investigation in progress and not my pet peeve.
edit on 22-3-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I could be wrong but when I read about the Idaho tags. My first thought was survivalists or a family living off the grid maybe even freeman movement.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not only is it full of survivalists, it's a hot bed of crazy sovereign-ists and white supremacy groups.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join