It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Is at least this Walter Bishop sane??? (Fringe anyone?)

lol, I got that.

My question is what do they think these miniature black holes
are going to do once created, just blink out of existence, or
are they going to be permanent, and how do you contain a
black hole. What's to stop it from being like Langoliers and
just eat through anything in it's path.

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Like every other time the LHC was supposed to kill us all , I predict absolutely nothing will happen and the earth will keep on spinning. But just for fun. The black hole they are going to make is tiny. But what if an infinite amount of parallel universes all do the same experiment at the same time in the same place.

Now that is worth talking about.

I predict a infinite number doing in tandem, making a black hole of infinite gravity thus ending the multi verse and our abstract on infinite impossibility.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

If a black hole is created it will be very small. A star hundreds of times the size of ours has to start expanding once fuel is depleting, stretching it's density until it's own gravity pulls in the outer stretches of the star creating an implosion resulting in a large black hole. They are smashing atoms,so that black hole would probably serve better as an alternative to a bug zapper than pose a threat to earth

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: johnwick

Here comes another one.....you stated how much power it consumes , not how much energy is released. As they have only smashed photons together (and not nearly as many as were released), the energy output is tiny.

Um...they smash protons, one of 3 building blocks of matter, you know protons neutrons electrons...

Photons are quata of light not matter.

Do you even know the difference?

If not, why are you commenting?
edit on 21-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As far as those worried :
LHC Official Report

"Speculations about microscopic black holes at the LHC refer to particles produced in the collisions of pairs of protons, each of which has an energy comparable to that of a mosquito in flight. "

I think that sort of backs up my previous post . Although , it may be fun to play DOOM 2 LARP.
edit on 21-3-2015 by here4this because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Are you familiar with the basics ? How bout starting with E=MC2 . Do you realize the mass of a proton ? Did the atomic bomb open a black hole or a rift in the space/time continuum ?

As far as the photons go , please research the LHC a little further.... You do know photons are particles , yes ?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Behold for the uprising of the multi galactic Mario and Luigi brothers have to fix the leakage when it all starts to fall apart.. lets wait and see if mini black-hole 2.0 will drain our world to another universe.....

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
People really need to stop freaking out about the LHC. Particles from the Sun collide with our atmosphere with much greater force than what the LHC can achieve on a normal basis. The LHC tries to replicate these collisions in a laboratory setting so they can actually be studied.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

As far as those worried :
LHC Official Report

"Speculations about microscopic black holes at the LHC refer to particles produced in the collisions of pairs of protons, each of which has an energy comparable to that of a mosquito in flight. "

I think that sort of backs up my previous post . Although , it may be fun to play DOOM 2 LARP.

You are talking about 2 protons colliding at this energy level period.

600,000,000 per second happen.

See the difference?

It is not individual protons hitting.

Is is proton streams hitting.

edit on 21-3-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Are you familiar with the basics ? How bout starting with E=MC2 . Do you realize the mass of a proton ? Did the atomic bomb open a black hole or a rift in the space/time continuum ?

As far as the photons go , please research the LHC a little further.... You do know photons are particles , yes ?

I obviously know much more tyan you.

They don't collide photons. They collide protons.

Light doesn't collide, and needs no extra power to reach C.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: U4ea82
a reply to: smurfy
Only one way to find out.
Second line.

Yes, it looks like. Steven Hawkin's not too happy, he reckons the Higg's Boson could be destablished at high energy levels, and destroy this Universe although the CERN P. A. would not be powerful enough. WTF!
Still, he could joke about it. He said last year a particle accelerator that reaches the required 100bn GeV would need to be larger than Earth and that would not "be funded in the present economic climate".

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

they need aa oscillation overthruster! to break thru ..

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So that is 600,000,000 mosquitoes in flight...tremendous amount of energy ? Spread out over seconds ? Please look at what you are saying. And read my above post , directly to the Official LHC report that even talks about the energy produced being the same as a mosquito in flight. That should end this debate. I dont see how you can get any better facts than what is stated on the report. After you read , please do not respond back to me , as anytthing else would not be of benefit.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Interdimensional beings on THIS side built the collider to open a portal to their own dimension. It was built to allow their army to cross and invade. Oh yes, yes indeedy ! just watch and you'll see ! Better grab a stick, i certainly don't want to face them without a pointy stick or two, do you ?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
they are a long way off from this but they could keep the black hole alive if they could feed it matter before it evaporates. the timing and aim would have to be exquisite though. and the rate of feed would have to exceed the rate of evaporation.

impossible to do with our level of tech.

but if we could it would be an infinite power source. one would regulate how much matter is fed to it to prevent disaster. and it would have to be isolated from touching other matter. in a vacuum chamber suspended by electrical and or magnetic fields. you'd throw tiny streams of matter into it so that the energy output would remain manageable and not bomb like. you'd stop feeding it often enough or else regulate the feed rate to keep the evaporation versus growth rate in balance or near balance.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

That sounds like Romulan-talk to me... 😒

👣

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I remember the last time they announced this...

www.cyriak.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: stormbringer1701

That sounds like Romulan-talk to me... 😒

👣

it was but the Romulans blew up entire star systems to get their singularities. we are more environmentally friendly than that already with the LHC.

edit on 21-3-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That depends , if you believe in the 11 dimensions , 21 dimensions ( so forth) Theoretically , the multiverse could be drawn in to an infinite black hole and emerge as a different multiverse somewhere else in space/time...Head hurts

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Wouldn't it be cool if a 'Big Bang' occurred next door because of the LHC? Imagine if our 'leakage' causes the genesis of creation in a neighbouring universe?

Maybe thats how the big bang was created a LHC in another universe leaked there universe into ours..

purp..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join