It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The staggeringly complex LHC ‘atom smasher’ at the CERN centre in Geneva, Switzerland, will be fired up to its highest energy levels ever in a bid to detect - or even create - miniature black holes.

If successful a completely new universe will be revealed – rewriting not only the physics books but the philosophy books too.

It is even possible that gravity from our own universe may ‘leak’ into this parallel universe, scientists at the LHC say.

The experiment is sure to inflame alarmist critics of the LHC, many of whom initially warned the high energy particle collider would spell the end of our universe with the creation a black hole of its own.

But so far Geneva remains intact and comfortably outside the event horizon.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

What?

Just what the hell are they playing at over in Switzerland? Attempting to create mini black holes? Attempting to open up parallel universes?

I am all for discovering new things and appreciate science is relatively still in its infancy, but what happens if this little experiment goes dramatically wrong, it could be the end of everything.

I'm sure in this day and age, risk assessments have been conducted, but what's to stop a little Black Hole growing into the Daddy of Black Holes?

The truth is, they do not know, yet they are willing to take the chance.

Still I guess they have to justify their funding?

Sleep well.

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Is at least this Walter Bishop sane??? (Fringe anyone?)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How trustworthy is the source?

👣

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

👣

Well, it's the Daily Express, which is a mainstream newspaper here in the U.K.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

their are wolf and sheep in this world ..... Sometimes you just have to be a wolf !

+36 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Years from now, someone will ask how the zombie apocalypse started.

I'm going to source this article.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

What could possibly go wrong? I tend to want to give the eggheads the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds a bit scary huh? The theory is that the mini black holes would vaporize so... no harm, no foul. It is sort of crazy thinking how utterly cave-man our greatest scientific experiments are. They can be summed up as HULK SMASH and then watching what happens. I guess it is necessary. Someone thought it was and spent a great deal of money on it. I sure am glad they discovered the higgs boson, makes my life a lot better. Well done LHC!

V

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: BlueMule

👣

Well, it's the Daily Express, which is a mainstream newspaper here in the U.K.

Ok. I found this too. Seems legit.

phys.org...

👣

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is news. This would prove the current theoretical physics views on the multiverse and the nature of gravity . As far as mini black holes go , they have already created many . However , they are so tiny and have such a short life span they are basically unable to study them as acutely as they would like. The LHC produces the relative same amount of energy that a mosquito in flight produces in minutes . Far short of the energy needed to create something that would pose a danger such as a black hole or an opening into another universe . However , good heads up.

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It is even possible that gravity from our own universe may ‘leak’ into this parallel universe, scientists at the LHC say.

Wouldn't it be cool if a 'Big Bang' occurred next door because of the LHC? Imagine if our 'leakage' causes the genesis of creation in a neighbouring universe?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think the article is a bit sensationalist... like most are when reporting on the Large Hardon Collider.

+47 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
As long as the guy in charge doesn't yell, "Hold my beer and watch this! " if he does, we're screwed.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is an interesting article:

Detection of mini black holes at the LHC could indicate parallel universes in extra dimensions
phys.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I can't help but
when people still get scared over the LHC. This is awesome I look forward to seeing what interdimensional apocalypse awaits us.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It honestly sounds like poppycock to me.

I hope he doesn't turn it up to 11...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I remember watching a show on Discovery a few years back and they were looking at the various ways the Earth could come to an end. It was the usual comet hit, super volcanos and the like, but the number one was the LHC in Switzwerland.

It's great that they theorise things and on many occasions those theories have found to be correct. Let's hope they are right with this one.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
When you dig a hole you also create matter.. so how big hole is in question? Dang, I just restarted watching Angels & Demons yesterday...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
OK, I can admit it: This scares the everliving crap out of me.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: Answer

I remember watching a show on Discovery a few years back and they were looking at the various ways the Earth could come to an end. It was the usual comet hit, super volcanos and the like, but the number one was the LHC in Switzwerland.

It's great that they theorise things and on many occasions those theories have found to be correct. Let's hope they are right with this one.

Most people who worry about the LHC have seen too many movies. Unfortunately, nothing that cool ever happens in real life.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've heard that the other dimensions are full of pedo's and pervs!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join