It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at Large Hadron Collider hope to make contact with PARALLEL UNIVERSE in days

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19145624]Cobaltic1978[/post

Sort of reminds me of the film " The Mist " from 2007... they opened a parallel universe ! .. I hope they know what they are doing at the LHC.

PS i have always thought the LHC could be a " in plain sight " time travel machine lol

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
One thing that would be an answer to something I previously said about what could be different inside the collider..

Dangers[edit]
If the strange matter hypothesis is correct and its surface tension is larger than the aforementioned critical value, then a larger strangelet would be more stable than a smaller one. One speculation that has resulted from the idea is that a strangelet coming into contact with a lump of ordinary matter could convert the ordinary matter to strange matter.[13][14] This "ice-nine"-like disaster scenario is as follows: one strangelet hits a nucleus, catalyzing its immediate conversion to strange matter. This liberates energy, producing a larger, more stable strangelet, which in turn hits another nucleus, catalyzing its conversion to strange matter. In the end, all the nuclei of all the atoms of Earth are converted, and Earth is reduced to a hot, large lump of strange matter.

Source: Strangelets
But, Strangelets (theorized particle) would probably be bombarding our planet from natural origins, and we have not blown up yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: new_here

Seriously! Why don't I get a vote on this? They don't know what will happen, that's why they're doing it!

Yet that doesn't mean it's not happening all around you, all the time, just without your notice.

If so, if they've observed/measured it, and it's happening all around all the time, why not just study it in its 'natural habitat?' Why the need to MAKE it happen? Now I'm more 'hmmmm' than I was before, lol...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh and theoretically turn earth into a quark star or strange star from just one strange quark touching our celestial
matter ! ok.....

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-3-2015 by Quadlink because: Link added

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here
Yes we are cool , and it would have taken fusion not fission for the "world to have been set on fire" . But you got my gist of what I was saying , that the atomic bomb produced a gazillion times ( I know but I have a headache that will not allow me to get in to the actual mathematics) the amount of energy that any particle accelerator and collider produces. At first when I started reading this thread , I actually thought most people were joking and being sarcastic. To create a self-sustaining gravity well would take just about the total sum of the energy released by our sun from beginning to end.Aint gonna happen.A theoretical wormhole would take exponentially more than that and no written money-back guarantees .
Of course , here comes my disclaimer. One of my other favorite subjects is the Laws of Probability and Statistics. The first thing you learn is any given thing can happen at any given moment. Could you , under these laws , win 5 different lotteries in one day ? Sure. Is it likely given the statistics and the resulting chance of probability ? No.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink
Oh and theoretically turn earth into a quark star or strange star from just one strange quark touching our celestial
matter ! ok.....

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Touching is too kind.
You would need the kind of energy that Hawking described to be necessary, collider larger than Earth.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I remember obtaining some information about a theory that Gravity is actually an inward force, keeping everything pressed against the planet.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1
TLDR

Until I read

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Also... why the hell do you keep mentioning religion? It has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Are you drunk? Have another, you need it.

He's still the only one saying everything is exactly the same, as if it's the only possibilty, LoL!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Wouldn't it be cool if a 'Big Bang' occurred next door because of the LHC? Imagine if our 'leakage' causes the genesis of creation in a neighbouring universe?

That's exactly what Lee Smolin's Cosmological Natural Selection hypothesis proposes.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1

originally posted by: Argyll

How big is the universe? What are the possibilities of and exact copy of Earth? Now what are the possibilities of an exact copy of everything and everything on it

If the universe is infinite....then the possibility of a duplicate Earth/Earths is a given....obviously.
Show me one galaxy or planet out there that is the same. Does any one have proof of such things. No but yet act like i am a fool for discrediting something with no proof. No one can provide proof but yet say i am wrong. How retarded, get a clue and stop sniffing glue.

You heard it here everyone, CERN officially discredited. Thread closed.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Somewhere in the Universe Aliens are sticking their fingers in their ears and closing their eyes... Tightly.

I'm convince this is how the last Big Bang Happened. These Scientist work on theory of what they know by using maths and other stuff.

The only problem is, over the centuries, they have been proven to get the maths and other stuff wrong on occasion. I guess the only consolation is, if it does all goes tits up, we are at ground zero and we wont have time for the sound of the fart to escape our underpants before it's game over.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Still laughing about this post.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
If so, if they've observed/measured it, and it's happening all around all the time, why not just study it in its 'natural habitat?' Why the need to MAKE it happen? Now I'm more 'hmmmm' than I was before, lol...

Because it happens mostly in places where your lab equipment isn't. It's way more fun to make it happen where your equipment IS, then you can see it happen a lot more often than if you didn't.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Still laughing about this post.
Thanks.

I would have added in the speed of sound of the fart escaping our arses gravitational pull..(343.59 metres per second) but no doubt in the future the math will be out.. ?
edit on 22-3-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If it does achieve such mass, I can assure you that it will come from either the aisles of Walmart (the shoppers wearing inappropriate and far too small a garment to cover their own mass), or the hot gasses of Washington DC, Wall Street, or any powerhouse political party from the West or East.

We should be so fortunate as a species...
edit on 3-22-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Had that vision of what you said about aliens with fingers in ears.
Like they were saying "Holy #, look what those idiots are gonna try, and we are not allowed to stop them!"

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Had that vision of what you said about aliens with fingers in ears.
Like they were saying "Holy #, look what those idiots are gonna try, and we are not allowed to stop them!"

Na, they will just let it happen. Then they will slide in the next petri dish and marvel at another "Alien made" species making an arse of it's surroundings.
edit on 22-3-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Frankly, I think the more likely scenario is that, despite however many advanced species might be in our known universe,
(& assuming they might be visiting/viewing but not controlling), they don't know what's going on. & if this does create some sort of new Big Bang, we would just wipe them out unknowingly.

Maybe the evolution of intelligence can lead to nothing but a perpetual cycle of technology leading to new big bangs, with only one species in each universe winning the
(X Million/billion year) race to restart the universe.

I hope we get to experience it.
edit on 22-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Although not much is said about the real nature of experiments in CERN, I hope if there is parallel Universe with intelligent creatures, THEY to be more concerned about our fate than our own masters. Hope such a contact, although primitive technologically from our side, will allow THEM to interfere somehow in our dead end situation.

The situation on earth is so desperate right now, including in leading democracies such as USA, Spain, UK, Germany, that everything would be better than now. Let therefore THEY come.

As of doomsday weapon, perhaps CERN could play that role if negatives take control of it. But with the presence of thousands of nukes I don't see the point to use the much more expensive CERN for that.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What a colossal waste of money, technology, space and time.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join