It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another low America, let your babies cry, this makes me cry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sprinkles are for winners...lol thanks Flo. a reply to: KawRider9

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Oh I had a poop artist too. So lovely huh? Not only that but he peeled wall paper off the wall . I guess he was making a social commentary on the decor of the nursary!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Right. I just love telling them how I held out my hands to catch vomit so it wouldn't end up on the carpet while soothing them and trying to get them over a pail or toilet.

See this is why God makes them cute. No one would keep the stinky little things otherwise lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Oh stop. No one is advocating isolating the kid or not giving hugs and kisses. Maybe the real message here is teach your child how to put itself to sleep because parents who don't get enough sleep,make sucky parents. Parents who get enough sleep cope better with the demands of child rearing.

reply to: VoidHawk

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I agree totally but would add do not turn the light on when you do go back in And keep talk to a minimum too. A little back rub and a kiss and then out again. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We used a rudimentary hand signal language when our youngest was a baby. It was so funny when he would wave his hand up and down for yes or back and forth for no instead of shaking his head. At nineteen I still notice he'll use his hands to indicate no while he's speaking. He'll be like No that's not right and shaking his hand back and forth in front of himself. Though being part Italian might also have something to do with that lol.
edit on 3212015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3222015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Right. I just love telling them how I held out my hands to catch vomit so it wouldn't end up on the carpet while soothing them and trying to get them over a pail or toilet. 

I caught a batch of vomit on an 8.5×11 in sheet of paper in the dentists office once... that was a bit tricky. Luckily, my daughter didn't have a lot in her tummy at that point.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Oh I had a poop artist too. So lovely huh? Not only that but he peeled wall paper off the wall . I guess he was making a social commentary on the decor of the nursary!

Drove you slightly nuts and made you rethink having kids, didn't it? LOL I know I was there a few times. LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

See this is why God makes them cute. No one would keep the stinky little things otherwise lol.

Mine had a severe reflux problem, as well as a gag reflux problem. It was not unusual to be eating dinner, have her start gagging while eating and then have her puke all over my hard cooked dinner, no matter how tiny I cut that sucker up! And a non-so-understanding ex would bash her telling her if she wanted to be a dog she could eat on the floor like one. Yeah, he was a prize. Don't ask me what I saw in him. I'm still trying to figure that mess out. It was a very emotionally, verbally abusive, then physically abusive marriage for 18 1/2 years. We're finally out though. She's happy in an autism group home an hour from here with 3 other girls. She has independence from me by living in the group home, but gets love when she visits on the weekends. So the best of both worlds.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

We used a rudimentary hand signal language when our youngest was a baby. It was so funny when he would wave his hand up and down for yes or back and forth for no instead of shaking his head. At nineteen I still notice he'll use his hands to indicate no while he's speaking. He'll be like No that's not right and shaking his hand back and forth in front of himself. Though being part Italian might also have something to do with that lol.

Us Hungarians can be quite the hand talkers too, though coming fam Joisey can have something to do with that??? Mmmmaaaybe? LOL

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I caught a batch of vomit on an 8.5×11 in sheet of paper in the dentists office once... that was a bit tricky. Luckily, my daughter didn't have a lot in her tummy at that point.

We lived across the street from the pediatricians once and I didn't bring a diaper bag. I figured, I'm just across the street, I just changed her, there's no way she'll need to go while we're here. GAH! They weighed her and she peed her diaper. So they used that blue paper that absorbs liquid to fashion a diaper for her until we walked across the street to get home. LOL Kids LOVE to prove you wrong. (Oh, and 4 weeks prior the pediatrician had predicted she would be a boy because of the way I was carrying, so I was SURE to dress her in a dress and said, "how do you like HIS dress, it's so pretty isn't!" LOL I was even told 4 weeks prior NOT to go into labor the prior 3 weeks before because the pediatrician was going on vacation. She told me on a Friday, I went into labor Monday at 5am. LOL Yeah, I tend to listen to authority real well. LOL)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657 Yes babies need physical contact and they need smiles and love but having them cry themselves to sleep will not make them nervous adults.

Wrong

America's "let them cry" attitude toward children may lead to more fears and tears among adults, according to two Harvard Medical School researchers

news.harvard.edu...

Look America, you are pushing cry to sleep method for babies not toddlers BABIES, and I am calling you out on your ever more wrong ways to live

Sorry you don't like it
edit on 22-3-2015 by PrettyPlease1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yup. Gotta love em.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Re think? I had three. None of them planned. The last one came when I was 38 and hubby was43. We already had a 21 year old and a14 year old at the time. They're just lucky they were so adorable that's all I can say lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PrettyPlease1

No sweety I'm not wrong. I've been a mother since 1975 and I have three perfect kids. Babies don't know how to put themselves to sleep they have to learn.
I think you probably have no children and just want to bash people. So maybe we'll all just leave your American hating thread and you can flipping talk to yourself about how we suck
You sound badly educated anyway. .

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Oh wow that sucks. Men are like a box of chocolates...you know how the rest of that phrase goes. But I'm out of this thread because the OP is also abusive so it was nice talking to you guys. See ya around the boards.
edit on 3222015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ok first of people raise there kids how they want I was left to cry as a baby if I didn't settle down after a while my parents would leave me to cry they said that 9/10 times I would settle.. Being raised I always worked for treats if I wanted a chocolate bar I would have to wash the pots or sweep the garden or take dog for a walk ect when I was in school all of my friends used to make fun at me all time for how strict my parents where but. I loved my child hood I could go play in the backs with other kids go playing in the woods near where we live in could do whatever I wanted as long as it wasn't bad behavior once I crossed the line I knew about ( I only ever got hit once by my parents and that's when I run in front of a car and my dad smacked my arse out of reaction) letting a baby cry for a bit ain't gonna hurt them can anyone here remember anything from before they was 1?.. I bring my own disabled daughter up now and for the first 18 mmonth of her life she screamed for 16+ hours a day she was given her private room in hospital because the nurses was sick of listeneneig to her.

Now don't get me wrong I couldn't leave a child screaming for hours I have 2 children my son who's is 5 month old cries everytime I put him to bed if I can't settle him after 30 mins I just leave him to cry 10 mins later he's asleep

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PrettyPlease1

Sorry, ours is bold as brass. I fail to see how he is going to suddenly turn nervous unless other factors intervene.

Maybe America should stop the trend of helicopter parenting? I mean, if you have a parent hovering over you 24/7 as you grow up it would make you nervous. Did you know that some parents won't let their kids try to cut things with a blunt table knife until they are as old as 10 or more? Ours was sitting there at Red Lobster with a blunt table knife cutting his cheese biscuit at 4. After all, how on earth is he going to cut himself?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

edit on 3/22/2015 by LadyJae because: not worth the effort

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
In lots of cultures, it is common practice.
It is only relatively recently that they started looking deeper into it and came up with the theory that babies benefit from learning early to "self comfort".

The reason they studied it is because in places where it is done, kids didn't suffer- on the contrary.
American children of the cocooning fad (the child being held or breastfed on demand) were developing with some problems in self-other separation as they grew up.

The claims are that learning how to soothe and comfort oneself enables them to be better equipped for later challenges in life- when they don't get what they want, or are in stressful situations.

I witness evidence around me that this might have some foundation to it. The concept that a child should learn right away (while their conception of the world is forming) that all that they want, of others, will automatically be given to them..... it is rather illogical. That is just false. Life is not like that, and others around you are not there only to best serve your desires!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join