It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California 'Shoot the gays' initiative likely to be circulated

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: beezzer

maybe so but how does this not equate to hate speech?

Granted it will go no where, but the guy is also advocating for the death of an entire group of people,I have to think even with freedom of speech some law was violated

Like you im all about our rights,but this pretty bad lol

Certainly it is hate speech. However, should "hate speech" be illegal and, if so, who gets to define it?

How about who the hatred is directed against?
they have the experience and perhaps even the scars as credentials!

DEAL! WHITE PRIDE PARADE in JULY! Anyone that says anything negative about it, I am now proclaiming should be considered Hate-Speech and Illegal because I am white!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TinfoilTP

They aren't the same thing at all and you are being intellectually dishonest by trying to suggest they are.

So you are saying a Muslim using the logic that pro Islamic agendas are planted to stir hatred for Islam.....

Is totally different than a Pro Muslim using the logic that pro Islamic agendas are planted to stir hatred for Islam?

A child of two could ascertain that the argument I am making is the logic used not the specific definition of the user.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'm saying, "Mean what you say and say what you mean." If you meant to include the pro-muslim crowd in your original bit then you should have said it. When you include them later it makes it look confusing or like you are moving the goal posts. No one here is a mind reader so we can only go off of what you've included in your argument. We can't go off of what you meant to include.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you capitualate, good.

I showed the logic being used when your side claimed it was non existent.

Now give me my cookie.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I fail to see how defending Muslims is stirring up anti-muslim sentiment. I can see it as an unintentional effect of it as bigots read it and have to voice their $0.02, but I don't see how your reasoning that the posts were intentionally meant to stir up anti-muslim sentiment holds true.
edit on 19-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
This is why I much prefer U.K freedom of speech to the U.S. freedom of speech...

Inciting hatred should always be illegal.

No ones freedom of speech is under threat when these things are illegal...

As paranoid as some might be, it just doesn't work like that.

I'd like to say something in support of this lame-ass "public representative"....

Hmm, I got nuthin'... LOL.

However, your comment on freedom of speech is just as offensive as his comment on shooting gays. People have opinions and should be able to voice those opinions, who TF are you or anyone else to tell anyone what they can have an opinion on or better still to make an opinion illegal. If there is a law in place (there actually are on the holocaust and political correctness) to make some opinions illegal and others legal, what do you have? No ef'ing freedom of speech under the guise of legislated political correctness, which we are well on the road towards. So what you suggest is to speed this obscene process up? And you suggest that in favour of not hurting anyone's feelings, we enter into a totalitarian, zero-freedom state that hurts everyone.

Great logic there bubbah ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/19.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What the Hell are "Christian principles"?

Seriously! Only those who believe in a specific God have the ability of common sense?

You do know that the Puritans were practically forced out of England because they tried to force the government into their extreme Christian belief, right? Did you know, in part, Southern Baptist are descendants of the original Puritans?

Our forefathers saw individual religious groups building communities. Each trying to be the dominant power.

Fortunately, they saw the "writing on the wall" and stopped it ---- before it could get started.

Common sense principles.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I fail to see how defending Muslims is stirring up anti-muslim sentiment. I can see it as an unintentional effect of it as bigots read it and have to voice their $0.02, but I don't see how your reasoning that the posts were intentionally meant to stir up anti-muslim sentiment holds true.

Obfuscation is your only defense now?

Pro islam agenda in school for example.....the pro Islamist will claim that the agenda was planted to stir up hate for Islam. The posts are not stirring up anything, the posts are explaining away a possible Islamic agenda as a plant that is there only to stir hatred for Islam.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
WTF does Islam have to do with this topic???

There is no connection with this guy and Islam except maybe the fact that this guy gets his crazy hateful ideas from religion the same way certain people say ISIS gets their ideas from their religion.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rhiannon

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

This isn't just some dude getting a petition passed around, he's trying to make being gay illegal & punishable by death.

Everyone arguing for free speech right now is a moron.

JE SUIS CHARLIE!

But technically I don't think what this guy is doing is really considered free speech or inciting hatred. He's trying to eventually get a law passed that makes sodomy a capital offense.

"Shoot the Gays" is what the media is saying.

This is from the OP:::

it would require that anyone who touches a person of the same gender for sexual gratification be put to death by “bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.”

Yeah I read it, but he's not standing on the corner with a sign, or writing a column. He's trying to pass a law. Technically that's not a Free Speech issue.

The media using "Shoot the gays" is a free speech issue.

Just being obnoxiously detailed and literal like the boxheads usually are. See I can play that game, but as I find it obnoxious I usually don't.

So people should have the right to try & get laws passed that promote hate & death because the act itself doesn't violate free speech?
I think I understand the semantics of what you're saying, but I still don't agree.

Actually I was kind-of... (well strike kind-of) being a smart-ass to illustrate how idiotic IMO some people get in tearing down arguments due to semantics because 'some' people are so literal, but nm lol

#, now I gotta go back & Reread all your posts & see where I missed the sarcasm lol I'm usually really good at picking up on it, even digitally.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Obfuscation is your only defense now?

Pro islam agenda in school for example.....the pro Islamist will claim that the agenda was planted to stir up hate for Islam. The posts are not stirring up anything, the posts are explaining away a possible Islamic agenda as a plant that is there only to stir hatred for Islam.

Ummmm maybe you need to start a "Why I hate Muslim's thread" Just sayin' and for #z and giggles, if you're trying to use logic, maybe express it in another way instead of, "All zikkins are polka-dots, most schnizzles are red, and some perkits are red, while others have polka-dots, and perkits marry schnizzles, but not zikkins. Schnizzles also marry zikkings. If a schnizzle married a zikking, the percentage of polka-dots...." Ugh
edit on 19-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
WTF does Islam have to do with this topic???

There is no connection with this guy and Islam except maybe the fact that this guy gets his crazy hateful ideas from religion the same way certain people say ISIS gets their ideas from their religion.

I used the same logic to explain away this Christian whacko that Islamic sympathizers use and it didn't go over with them very well. It went so badly in fact that they claimed it didn't exist anywhere and I made it up. I provided specific examples and now they are attempting to muddy their lost argument to save face.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Someone once tried to tell me that the Truth campaign is really funded by cigarette companies to get people annoyed at all the anti-cigarette ads and start smoking in response. You know what I said to that reasoning? It is just as assbackwards as your reasoning that pro-muslims do things to stir up anti-muslim hate or your faulty reasoning that the guy in the OP hates Christians and is purposely doing this to give them a bad name. There is no logic or proof of such assertions outside of wishful thinking that such people don't exist in your religion. The fact of the matter is that this guy IS a Christian who uses Christianity to express his bigotry.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Someone once tried to tell me that the Truth campaign is really funded by cigarette companies to get people annoyed at all the anti-cigarette ads and start smoking in response. You know what I said to that reasoning? It is just as assbackwards as your reasoning that pro-muslims do things to stir up anti-muslim hate or your faulty reasoning that the guy in the OP hates Christians and is purposely doing this to give them a bad name. There is no logic or proof of such assertions outside of wishful thinking that such people don't exist in your religion. The fact of the matter is that this guy IS a Christian who uses Christianity to express his bigotry.

Now you finally get it. Just as he is most likely pushing a Christian agenda so are the Islamic agendas most likely real that people try to explain away as tools for stirring up hate for Islam.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Christians, this is why we don't like your religion anymore. People like this give you guys a bad name.

If this nut wants this law in action, he should just move to Iraq. I hear ISIS would be a good fit for such ideology. Oh wait, he probably hates Muslims too...

Exactly. This is why removal of all the hateful, weird, horrible passages in the bible should be removed, if Christians want to be taken seriously again.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

They say a picture speaks 1,000 words

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
People really should hate all Christians for what this guy has done.

Same as people should hate all Muslims.

Of course all jews, hate them, just because.

It should be okay to kill all religious people, because all religious people are terrible people.

Just do me a favor and start attacking the Shaolin Monks first.

That'd be fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!!

No, your opinion is wrong, wah wah LOL (not really, it's just an opinion of your "just an opinion" of my opinion being wrong). People have a right to voice their opinions. What happens if this "elected representative" gets this bill on the ballot and say 70% of the people vote in favour? Does that mean they're wrong too? Even though the US is a republic and not a democracy, the liberal PC turds want to pretend it's a democracy, right? So what happens in a democracy, the majority rules, right? Well, let me give you a clue here, ok, ninety-five (95%) percent of the people that are out there voting are straight heterosexuals. So why is it that the 2% to 5% minority is so much more important than the 95% to 97% majority? I think they had a movie about that with Dustin Hoffman, it was called (tail) "Wag The Dog." It's a metaphor for something small controlling something big.

Personally, I don't care if you're LGBT or whatever and I don't care what colour, religion, ethnicity, etc. you are either, as long as social policy is rationally and ethically maintained by the majority (since y'all seem to think the US is an ef'ing democracy). So it would be nice if this LGBT agenda was not in our faces all the time. I don't care and don't want to know about anyone's sexual preferences, it's not a topic for serious conversation as far as I am concerned. I am more interested in people's minds and their opinions/research on current world events that effect everyone, except of course the chicks that try an pick me up when I am out LOL. Oh, and while I am pissing people off, I think the militant, radical feminists should talk only amongst themselves, at least that way their opinions won't be wasted ;-) I love women, but those feminazis just give me worms.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I put those devil saint happy faces to indicate my mockery of the idea that an opinion can be wrong. Opinions can be baseless, ignorant, or asinine, but never "incorrect".

People are just apt to getting opinion & fact mixed up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join