It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California 'Shoot the gays' initiative likely to be circulated

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Rhiannon

FWIW ... I got it right away. And your opinion flows with my own. 'Be more careful with your pearls' is all I have to offer.

Sweet! lol Always nice to meet another person who is used to that situation seeing, hearing or saying something OBVIOUSLY HILARIOUS and then of looking to the left, looking to the right, pointing, saying 'you got that right?' being met with blank stares, or other weird glances, which usually just makes me laugh even harder. hehehe

But casting pearls, is a good way to bait the seemingly rare fellow that laughs hysterically at beautifully ironic absurdly unintentional ridiculously over-the-top, popcorn dumping, celebrations of preposterous sarcastic wit appreciator from out of the woodwork, into some repartee

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
boy, people sure as heck ran out of this thread in a hurry

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
What makes this whole thread ironic and all of the invective in it silly, it looks like the whole thing was started by a gay activist to make a point:

Matt McLaughlin is a gay activist.

Hmm this "lawyer" is a part of a all gay band in cali called the Gay-Gays www.facebook.com... Gay-Male-Go-Gos-Celebration/190238963387
And this looks like his personal FB page his friends call him a queen and he does a few drag stuff. www.facebook.com...

If this is him, we have been trolled.

Not unusual for leftist activists--we have examples of them putting swastikas on their own doors and then claiming "persecution." I knew this sounded over the top, even for fundies and perhaps we know why.

Well, that's what happens when you go around killing threads with stuff like this NDoc

(post by Rhiannon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Wrong guy. Your guy lives in Venice Beach. This lawyer for the bill lives in Huntington Beach.

Although you aren't the only one with that as a working theory. Wonkette tried tracking him down too and he is apparently very elusive and with almost no digital prints left behind anywhere. So who knows, you might turn out to be correct.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Yeah ... all hate crimes and calls for the deaths of minorities are either fabricated or "a leftist plot" ...

Pastor Calls for the Death of Gays (December 2014)

Another Mega Church Pastor Calls for Gays to Be Killed (September 2014)

North Carolina Pastor "Kill Gays and Lesbians by Trapping Inside Electric Fence" (2012)

Tea Party Candidate in OK on the Record: "He Doesn't Have a Problem with Legislation to Put Gays to Death

And so on, ad nauseam.

ad nauseam is right
Won't even take the time to read now, probably false flags of some type, at least using incendiary headlines. People are entitled to CHOOSE whether or not to express their OPINION, even if 'some' people think it's a 'bad' choice.

What do you think about the Folsom Street Fair? You think it's a form of innocent expression to have an open-air, welcome to the public-children allowed and welcomed, live sex shows?

Keep it in the bedroom and you wouldn't have people getting sick of it. I see more gays kissing on tv then heterosexuals anymore. And it's not even part of the plot, it's just there to shove it into our faces, gratuitous gay makeout sessions are as bad as gratuitous non-gay makeout sessions as gratuitous violence.

edit on 21-3-2015 by Rhiannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Cali State Bar Entry for Matthew G McLaughlin

Matthew HG McLaughlin, Venice Beach Apparent Homosexual

But, yes, they're obviously the same person ... as apparently are all these Matthew McLaughlin is All Over the Country

Atlanta, Orlando, and apparently also a high school Lacrosse Player in Westchester NY.

Some days, I don't even think you guys try at all ... may Random Chance give me strength.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Sure, don't bother to address reality. Stay comfortably within your own belief structure, and make stuff up as needed.

Personally? I think Folsom is as absurd as the stuff that happens in New Orleans during Mardi Gras or Rio during Carnival.

You're going to work harder if you want to put words in my mouth.

Keep what in the bedroom? Equality before the law? Wow, I can tell you're a real believer in freedom!

And believe me, if you think you have the market corner on being repulsed by what other folks do, you're mistaken.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Exactly.

I leave the possibility open that it could be the same guy although I can't see the logic behind it. But people do weird stuff sometimes so who knows for sure. However, other than the name there is no reason to believe these guys are the same person at all.

Some people need to believe Right Wing Religious Hacks are really just Leftist Propagandists playing tricks on them. So what can ya do??? I think it's kinda funny to let them run with their fantasy theories for a while sometimes. Once the hole gets deep enough I usually stop them though.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

LOL.

I agree many things "could be true" ... but most adults can determine the corollary "but probably aren't."

Exactly why I always say we have to drill down to the evidence, and try to do the same myself.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Sure, don't bother to address reality. Stay comfortably within your own belief structure, and make stuff up as needed.

Personally? I think Folsom is as absurd as the stuff that happens in New Orleans during Mardi Gras or Rio during Carnival.

You're going to work harder if you want to put words in my mouth.

Keep what in the bedroom? Equality before the law? Wow, I can tell you're a real believer in freedom!

And believe me, if you think you have the market corner on being repulsed by what other folks do, you're mistaken.

I know reality, I don't need your headlines to inform me of reality.

The reality is every human has a right to their own opinions and beliefs, regardless of whether I, you or anyone else agrees with them. The difference is you want to stop Freedom of Speech and I could care less what you do in the bedroom, quit trying to take MY right to express my opinion away.

And good job on twisting most of what I said to fit your agenda :: clap clap:: I'm not even going to bother to try and explain what I said since you obviously refuse to comprehend.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You can certainly indulge in your beliefs rather than accepting video and auditory evidence that proves them unfounded. Your right.

I have not attempted in any way, shape, form or fashion to "take your right to express your opinion away." I am on the record multiple times both here at ATS and other sites as a strong advocate of the First Amendment in all its applications; your standard pat arguments to the side.

I will address the facts and evidence of any situation as I see fit in my posts within the Terms & Conditions of my membership in this site. If that happens to rub your personal beliefs and opinions the wrong way, I would suggest that you simply avoid reading my posts in the future or stop responding to them. Or not; I'm good with it either way.

Best,
edit on 10Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:33:06 -050015p102015366 by Gryphon66 because: Removed errant apostrophe

edit on 10Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:37:52 -050015p102015366 by Gryphon66 because: applications not forms

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
In 2004, Huntington Beach CA attorney Matthew McLaughlin collected signatures for a state initiative that would put the King James Bible in the hands of California public school students and to be taught in the public school system as a literary text.

Source

Should we suppose now to have a posting of someone named Matthew McLaughlin that is really the chairman of the Sacramento Atheists League in order to discredit the facts?

Guess we'll see.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
What makes this whole thread ironic and all of the invective in it silly, it looks like the whole thing was started by a gay activist to make a point:

Matt McLaughlin is a gay activist.

Hmm this "lawyer" is a part of a all gay band in cali called the Gay-Gays www.facebook.com... Gay-Male-Go-Gos-Celebration/190238963387
And this looks like his personal FB page his friends call him a queen and he does a few drag stuff. www.facebook.com...

If this is him, we have been trolled.

Not unusual for leftist activists--we have examples of them putting swastikas on their own doors and then claiming "persecution." I knew this sounded over the top, even for fundies and perhaps we know why.

Not the same two people. Your tactic is a tired on - replace the responsible party (in this case, a fundamentalist homophobe) with a person of similar name from an opposite political position (in this case, another Matt Mclaughlin who is gay), then iterate all the old "leftist activists playing victim" memes. They did that to Treyvon Martin (remember when they pulled out the FB page for a different Treyvon Martin that we were all supposed to be outraged over?)

This the Matthew Gregory McLaughlin who submitted the initiative:
State Bar of california: Matthew Gregory McLaughlin - #198329

Your attempt to label him a "gay activist" is pathetic.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

This is NOT good. Something like this should definitely be illegal

This is an example of “democracy” and “freedom” run amuck

What happened to “can’t cry fire in where there is no fire”

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

i spend too much time here. i read the title as "shoot the grays".
i was excited thinking we finally have confirmation of alien beings here on earth.
i have never been as bummed out as i am right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i dont know whats more laughable, that gays are that big of a problem or that we encourage violence as a practical solution.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Next thing will be hang a n_____

Gas a Jew

Kill whitey

All kinds of crap

There’s no such thing as unlimited freedom

Just the suggestion alone might cause a gay person to be attacked by some nut

What happens when a kid sees this madness?

It becomes normal

this is dangerous

California needs to correct this

ASAP!

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Next thing will be hang a n_____

Gas a Jew

Kill whitey

All kinds of crap

There’s no such thing as unlimited freedom

Just the suggestion alone might cause a gay person to be attacked by some nut

What happens when a kid sees this madness?

It becomes normal

this is dangerous

California needs to correct this

ASAP!

Well I can live with all that as I am a chico and it looks like we are taking over this continent anyhow

The measure would also make it illegal, with the threat of a $1 million fine, up to 10 years in prison, and permanent expulsion from the state, to advocate for gay rights to an audience that includes minors. And it would require posting the measure's language prominently in public school classrooms.

I think that measure should be passed on a Federal level at the very least. Just like I would not address an audience of minors about the joys and wonders of three way sex, or gangbanging, bukkake, or any other gratuitous sexual deviancy. Lest one be charged with corruption of a minor and lewd and lascivious acts.

Anyone that advocates gay anything in front of an audience of minors should at the very least be charged with corruption of a minor the war one would for buying minors alcohol or tobacco.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join