It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California 'Shoot the gays' initiative likely to be circulated

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here is a prime example of the hypocrisy and self-righteousness of the US.

If a country like Rwanda, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia or any country prone to do this had something like this coming out of their governmental structure the US and the other rights advocates would be all screaming “WE HAVE TO SANCTION THIS COUNTRY”

But America can do nutty stuff like this and get away with it

Who is going to sanction the US for this despicable act of threatening the gay citizens of America

All groups, black people, white people, Chinese, Indians, etc., exchange the word gay for your particular group and see how you feel about it

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
na im ok with some of the less violent provisions of this measure. No need to sanction. I would vote yes on it if he amended away the legalized homo-cide and just kept the fines and imprisonment for preaching gay stuff to an audience with minors.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Seems like a level headed guy. Put a bullet in the heads of people who do things you don't agree with. Makes total sense!

Two things jump to mind...

Glad I don't live there. I'm not gay, but ffs!

I need more acreage. People suck!

You're glad you don't live there because of this one crazy person? I'm glad I don't live in CA too, but I believe your reasoning is flawed. Do you actually think this will pass? Anyone can pay $200 and spout off some nonsense. Are you sure there are no crazy people where you live?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: NavyDoc
The guy is a nutjob. His petition will not go far, will not be supported by even the most religious of the religious, and will not make it to law--not even close. He's just a crazy attention whore.

It would probably pass in Texas....or Kansas, maybe Idaho...

No. It would not pass anywhere in the US. If there were that many people who wanted to see gays killed, don't you think a law like this would have already been passed somewhere?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: NavyDoc

I'm going to use the popular argument used against Muslim fundamentalism against you. Why aren't moderate Christians speaking up and trying to put a stop to these people?

Um... haven't you been reading any of the comments or posts here on ats? Everybody is speaking up about this. If you mean some official action or statement from a Christian church, then well its a little redundant to say you are against murder when it should be obvious. Besides, this guy, as far as we know, has not killed anyone. Meanwhile, radical so-called Muslims are behading people by the dozens and burning them alive. So your comparison is weak.

I don't personally believe in or put much faith in the effectiveness of having special buildings called church, mosque or synagogue... but anyway, I don't know what church this guy belongs to, or if he does belong to one at all, but how do you know if his church or any church has or has not spoken out against this? You made your comment on the first page so I have a hard time believing you researched this. Like I said, your comparison is weak. People like this in Christianity are so rare, and I bet most Christians in America probably don't even know about this guy and his bill. If he was going around behading people and burning them alive then maybe he would get more attention.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
a reply to: Krazysh0t
It's quite obvious that they silently approve.

Can you explain how it's obvious that they silently approve? I haven't seen you speaking out against pedophilia lately... so it's "obvious that you silently approve." Lol. People will bend logic completely backwards just to find an excuse to hate Christians.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here is a prime example of the hypocrisy and self-righteousness of the US.

If a country like Rwanda, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia or any country prone to do this had something like this coming out of their governmental structure the US and the other rights advocates would be all screaming “WE HAVE TO SANCTION THIS COUNTRY”

But America can do nutty stuff like this and get away with it

Who is going to sanction the US for this despicable act of threatening the gay citizens of America

All groups, black people, white people, Chinese, Indians, etc., exchange the word gay for your particular group and see how you feel about it

Sanction the US because of one crazy jackass who's bill will not even pass? Are you insane? Do you realize that the US government did not threaten its gay citizens? In case you didn't realize it, this person is not the president of the United States. He does not hold any political office.

We believe in freedom of speech, which means we have to give these people their chance to speak no matter how crazy they are. I could pay $200 and launch a bill saying that every citizen must give me all their possessions and be my slaves. It doesn't mean it's gonna pass!

People who do not like having freedom of speech are free to leave. I may not agree with what this man said, but I will fight to the death to defend his right to say it! Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me. I learned that in 2nd or 3rd grade. I realize some people are sensitive and they let simple words hurt them. This is why we do not keep you prisoner and you are free to go live somewhere that does not allow free speech. Nobody is being forced to stay. I realize not everyone can handle free speech, so it definitely is not for everybody. I deal with anti-Christian rhetoric every day, including threats of violence occasionally, but I can tell you I ain't goin nowhere any time soon.
edit on 3/22/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It would be better for those who purport to having faith in Jesus Christ to cease casting stones, when they are in no fit position to judge their fellow man, lest they be struck down in place of those they aggress against.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Christians, this is why we don't like your religion anymore. People like this give you guys a bad name.

If this nut wants this law in action, he should just move to Iraq. I hear ISIS would be a good fit for such ideology. Oh wait, he probably hates Muslims too...

That's pretty shallow. A woman once killed her 3 children. Is that why you don't like women any more, she gives all women a bad name? Gimme a break...That excuse is dead.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Clearly you missed the point of that post...

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

originally posted by: NavyDoc
What makes this whole thread ironic and all of the invective in it silly, it looks like the whole thing was started by a gay activist to make a point:

Matt McLaughlin is a gay activist.

Hmm this "lawyer" is a part of a all gay band in cali called the Gay-Gays www.facebook.com... Gay-Male-Go-Gos-Celebration/190238963387
And this looks like his personal FB page his friends call him a queen and he does a few drag stuff. www.facebook.com...

If this is him, we have been trolled.

Not unusual for leftist activists--we have examples of them putting swastikas on their own doors and then claiming "persecution." I knew this sounded over the top, even for fundies and perhaps we know why.

Not the same two people. Your tactic is a tired on - replace the responsible party (in this case, a fundamentalist homophobe) with a person of similar name from an opposite political position (in this case, another Matt Mclaughlin who is gay), then iterate all the old "leftist activists playing victim" memes. They did that to Treyvon Martin (remember when they pulled out the FB page for a different Treyvon Martin that we were all supposed to be outraged over?)

This the Matthew Gregory McLaughlin who submitted the initiative:
State Bar of california: Matthew Gregory McLaughlin - #198329

Your attempt to label him a "gay activist" is pathetic.

First of all, it's not a "tactic," something I saw and found it interesting. Had you read the thread, you would have seen me condemning this guy, even before you showed up in the thread and you apparently glossed over where I said "IF" it's the same guy. Obviously some people are so ingrained in their personal narrative that they find any suggestion that there is the possibility that their narrative is inaccurate makes them offended and histrionic and you should really take your faux righteous indignation and put it up your primary point of contact.

Given the history of leftist activism from Tawana Brawley to students spray painting swastikas on their own doors and claiming racism, it would not be unreasonable to try to look at this story from other angles rather than mindlessly jumping on the bandwagon. My practice address where I am licensed and what is on my board licensure is about an hour's drive from where I actually live, so it is not really unusual for a lawyer to have his public professional address different from where he lives--no lawyer is going to display his HOME address on his bar profile, that's insane. One must admit that it is a really interesting coincidence and I thought ATS was all about thinking through interesting coincidences.

If it was an activist false flag, it certainly worked. Just like people begging and pleading for more government after 9/11 and we got the patriot act, this thread is full of people begging and pleading for more government and more laws. Be careful what you wish for, because you may get it.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

It would be better for those who purport to having faith in Jesus Christ to cease casting stones, when they are in no fit position to judge their fellow man, lest they be struck down in place of those they aggress against.

Unfortunately most Delilahs have been convinced that their scissors are the sword of truth.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We are not bound to carrying out the letter of Levitical Law thanks to the New Testament.

Gee...Matthew 5:17 - 5:19 seems to argue that...
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The new testament is pretty flawed in general.

Kind of strange how most Christians have accepted that the creation story never happened, but don't see how that means that original sin never existed, which means Jesus really had no purpose.

The whole religion is so clearly a typical bronze-aged ideological lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join