It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory voting? Obama says it would be 'transformative'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: TheJourney
I'm not interested in discussing the topic

Exactly my point, because you do not possess the ability to have a discussion about Obama's failures, or the fact that he has weak minded robots who vote for him. Can you actually discuss anything other than what you think about me?

I'm gonna stop replying to this topic as soon as you stop replying to me. I am somewhat interested in the mentality behind people who constantly rant and rave online, acting angry, though.

Constantly rant about what? I made one comment about Obama, yet you decided to respond to me? Do you comprehend the way that things work on a message board, or do you think everyone here is stupid enough to not see through what you tried to do? Again, can you discuss the topic of this thread or not? ~$heopleNation

Every post you make seems to call someone stupid. My response to you had nothing to do with what you were saying, it was asking you if you were quoting yourself, because that's what it looked like. Do you think I asked you if you quoted yourself because of the content of your post? Actually I asked you I you quoted yourself because...it looked like you quoted yourself...but now I won't again, cuz I know the angry guy who calls people stupid in every post just ends all of his posts as if he were quoting himself

edit on 21-3-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

a reply to: TheJourney

Hey Mr. Journey tell you what, I'll meet you half way. What journey are you going on while following your hero Obama? ~$heopleNation

Here's a quote from me, from the post that you are responding to.

And I hate Obama

But he's my hero
excellent reading comprehension.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

It's Friday night and I am happy on ATS. I am so sorry that you need to fabricate things in your own mind in order to make yourself feel better. Angry about what exactly, that you can't even defend your hero Obama? LMAO!!!

Hey bro, I know it's bad when you got nothing left but to accuse someone of being angry, but you were the one who responded to me, and your response was weak minded. You got absolutely nothing, and emotions on either of our sides have nothing to do with the fact that you had an epic failure. If you got a debate, let me know. Did you ever even have one whatsoever? ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

You have yet to address how insane your hero Obama is. Let me know your feelings, and while you're at it try another beer because Red Stripe is garbage suds bro. I know, I know, I tried it 20 years ago too cause it seemed cool cause it was from Jamaica, and maybe Rasta like. But this just in guy, it won't grow you your own dreadlocks, and the beer tastes like crap. ~$heopleNation

Nooo don't dis ma Beer like that we could come to blows,I also like Sam Adams, Rolling Rock,and Asahi Super dry.
Me bad mouthing Obama..Ok policy wise he is like Bush but well spoken and don't bumped into things, he cares too much about what FOX thinks of him and make decisions based off their critiques, he allows himself to get bulldozed by Reps to the point of disrespect.
He Lies well.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

So why did you respond to me unless you wanted to discuss the subject of the thread then? This is stupid mindless crap. I said my feelings on Obama, and you responded. So make your point now, I am all ears bro? ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Nooo don't dis ma Beer like that we could come to blows,

I doubt that bro.

I also like Sam Adams, Rolling Rock,and Asahi Super dry.

Red Stripe is not the worst, but you should try Lagunitas India Pale Ale, best beer in the world.

Me bad mouthing Obama..Ok policy wise he is like Bush but well spoken and don't bumped into things, he cares too much about what FOX thinks of him and make decisions based off their critiques, he allows himself to get bulldozed by Reps to the point of disrespect.
He Lies well.

Fair enough, and that is because he is a hand picked, and groomed puppet just like the rest of them since JFK. ~$heopleNation
edit on 21-3-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Angry about what exactly, that you can't even defend your hero Obama? LMAO!!!

For the third time in this exchange: I hate Obama. And you're still saying Obama is my hero. My god. I do not like Obama. I do not like Obama. How many times do I have to say the same thing until you get it? How can you keep calling other people stupid, when you literally can't comprehend what 'I hate Obama' means after two repetitions...

Are you gonna respond by asking about my 'hero' Obama again? Yea, I'm pretty stupid though...I forget, needing to be told a simple statement over and over again to understand it is a sign of intelligence. You truly are an intellectual giant, by that standard.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Calm down now, it's Friday night my friend. Put on a Journey album, a new one though because I bet the new singer is your hero just like Obama. Steve Perry all day! LMAO!!!! Just kidding bro.

~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Will try the Lagunitas India Pale Ale ,since it come highly recommended
Thanx Bro..

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Apparently it makes sense to Obama...

Yeah but forcing people to buy health insurance in order to solve the problem of the uninsured seems to make sense to Obama. Unfortunately, that kind of mentality creeps me the hell out.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: poncho1982
But it does absolutely nothing. Literally.

Just ends up putting the wrong person in office.

Romney would have been a better President than Obama, but voter apathy stuck us with another 4 years of his idiocy.

Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't. Remember Romneys whole makers and takers spiel? How about when he called the poor ungrateful moochers? How about when he wanted China style factories in the US. How about all his shady drug deals with his family in Mexico? Romney wouldn't have been a good president, Obama is pretty average so we're talking a solid 50% chance Romney would be worse.

None of that even matters though, when you force people to vote they're just going to go with whatever branding is more catchy and vote without learning the issues. How is that a good thing? We have too much of that as is.

Sorry, but I'm not saying he would have been a great President, just a better one. The bar is set pretty low right now.

Obama is pretty average? Oh wow, words cannot even express my disagreement with that.

However, everyone stumbles upon a good thing every now and again. Mandatory voting is one of them.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Double post. My bad.
edit on 21-3-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

Hes Right, it would counteract failures to act on campaign finance reform. Basically, fix one erosion of liberty with another.

Its a spineless approach to problem solving.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Go ahead and make it mandatory. I would simply write myself in.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Is it true in occult literature, that in order for people to have control over you, you have to give your permission?

The structure of government comprised of Corporate and Banking Lobbyists and Revolving Door Politicians where they work for each other rather than the nation is not going to change, but they need your continued permission to drag you along to the hell they have planned?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

"counteract" money.

If the goal is to counteract Big Money, then maybe it would be a good idea to have the top 10 biggest campaign donors on the ballet next to each person they give you to select from.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
im no expert but doesnt mandatory voting defeat the purpose of a democracy? what does that then make america?
edit on 21-3-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
However, everyone stumbles upon a good thing every now and again. Mandatory voting is one of them.

I don't see how mandatory voting is remotely a good thing. Once you know people are going to vote all you have to do is convince them to vote for you or vote against the other guy. And given the power of marketing, it seems to me like all this does is make the influence of money even more of an issue.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

How is this freedom or a Democracy if you are "forced" to vote? Voting is a right and a privilege (albeit an illusion that we have any say so in the matters of our country, but I digress). Besides, what if you don't support either candidate. I mean really, it's like voting between the Devil and Jason Voorhees. Either way you vote....we always lose anyway. Every president promises to eliminate the Federal budget for instance, yet Obama has now spent 6 trillion dollars..twice as much as Bush, and he was heralded as, something like the second coming of Christ. I would take the voting ticket and spit on it, and drop it in the ballot box. I wont be responsible for voting for a devil in our Whitehouse, Repub or Democrap.

edit on 21-3-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

He also said he would fundamentally "Transform" America.
Voters said he would "Transform" the way the world views America.
He was awarded a Peace Prize for his "trans formative" speaking.

America is more hated than ever. The world is more dangerous than ever.

Anything that has "Obama & trans formative" in the same sentence should be viewed as highly dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join