It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School brainwashing kids into Islam with vocabulary exercises

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Hate is a strong word. I don't "hate" anybody. I just think making kids formulate sentences with Quantitative in terms of how strong the muslim faith is and how "Qualitative" their lives are because of Mohammed is bs. That's crap and purely subjective. Same goes for Jesus, Buddha, Shanti or whomever. It's called preaching and it doesn't belong in schools.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Actually Assassin is an English mispronunciation of the term Hashishin...

Jaden

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You have to stop agreeing with stances I take. People are starting to stare.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: marg6043
I'm not sure what you mean i would say Mohammed is akin to Jesus , they hole fairly similar roles as the primary prophets for their groups.

Actually that's not true. The Prophet Muhammad is simply the Final Messenger of Islam, not its founder or "primary figure" (the primary figure would be God Himself). We don't worship the Prophet Muhammad or believe he shares power with God. In fact, the only unforgivable sin (according to the Qur'an) is attributing partners to God. Islam is simply "Submission to God". And the 4 most revered prophets of Islam, according to the Qur'an itself, are the Prophet Musa/Moses (given the Tawrat/Torah), the Prophet Dawood/David (given the Zabur/"Psalms"), The Prophet Essa/Yeshu/Yeshua/Jesus (given the Injeel), and the Prophet Muhammad (given the Qur'an).

So unlike some forms of Christianity & the now non-existent Hanif, we don't worship any of the prophets. We worship the God that inspired them. And ironically, the prophet mentioned the most in the Qur'an is the Prophet Moses! :p In fact, the 2nd Sura (revelation) in the Qur'an is called "The Calf", which is mostly about the golden calf the Israelites worshiped when Moses left to get the tablets.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

Jaden

With this being a conspiracy forum, I'm surprised more people don't talk about the Hashashin. The tactics, organizational structure, and inner workings of the Knight's Templar were so similar to the Hashashin's, that many scholars think they were either trained or founded by Hashashin. Kind of like how Western military advisers will train & organize other nations' militaries, paramilitary groups, and rebel groups.

As for the topic here, I'm really starting to think this is overblown. How many other families in the affected area are complaining about this? And how do we know they weren't supportive of it in the first place? As in, how do we know that 99% of the affected students & parents don't support this curriculum, and it's only a few people that are against it? I personally think religion in schools should be voluntary. But in a true democracy, if the people want their kids to learn this stuff, then what's the problem? Like why are we assuming this is nefarious & being secretly done against people's wishes? In fact, the video in the OP is from December. So why hadn't anyone else in that district spoken against it up until now?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So, you guys do realize public schools have been "brainwashing" kids for years and years right? I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United State of America...one nation under God? Of course, standing and reciting it is technically voluntary, but even if you refrain from doing that you're still listening to everyone else.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

Very true

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Actually every time that this problems of pushing religion starts to show up in any state it doesn't take long for people to start complaining, that is because in America the issues are pushed without public consent until they are discovered, that is how things are done, it happen in Colorado, Florida and many other states, people are slow and you find out way after the deed is done.

Religion is a choice no mandatory, so it doesn't belong in public schools.

And for the nights Templars is a many reasons why they end up been persecuted by the same church that created them, Assassins they were to protect the church interest, but then that interest became the biggest secret that the church until this day is trying very hard to hide.

edit on 19-3-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Actually every time that this problems of pushing religion starts to show up in any state it doesn't take long for people to start complaining, that is because in America the issues are pushed without public consent until they are discovered, that is how things are done, it happen in Colorado, Florida and many other states, people are slow and you find out way after the deed is done.

Religion is a choice no mandatory, so it doesn't belong in public schools.

And for the nights Templars is a many reasons why they end up been persecuted by the same church that created them, Assassins they were to protect the church interest, but then that interest became the biggest secret that the church until this day is trying very hard to hide.

The reason I find the 1st part hard to believe is because it assumes that: 1. students aren't seeing any of this until a whistleblower speaks up, 2. no parent is ok with this or has even seen it until the whistleblower speaks up, and 3. no teachers or administrators have seen this until a whistleblower speaks up. In other words, why are we assuming that nobody in these districts wanted this & why are we assuming the majority of the parents are against it? Why not assume people knew about it & were ok with it, which is why no one else was complaining about it?

From what it looks like to me, this was something that most students, teachers, administrators, and parents didn't have a problem with. But one person is against it, made a youtube video about it, and the story got picked up months later and sensationalized. And as someone above mentioned, we've had the Pledge of Allegiance in schools for decades. And I had to do a major project in AP English about the Greco-Roman Pantheon. We even had Easter celebrations in grade school (Easter egg hunts). That's why I think the outrage isn't as genuine as people are making it out to be.

As for the Knights Templar, I wouldn't say they were persecuted. They, along with other competing groups, were the defense contractors/mercenaries of their time. They waged war both for the Church & for financial gain. They were only banished after Church inquiries repeatedly showed they were stealing many relics from Jerusalem & other places (body parts of saints, weapons, etc); using those relics in battle because they thought it gave them mystical powers; and were found repeatedly worshiping Baphomet idols, among other things.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Masterjaden[/post]

Jaden

Thanks for the correction..

edit on 19-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The problem we have in the UK is that schools are now teaching Radical Islam, personally I detest any religion being taught in schools, teach kids the basic building blocks first and foremost, its bad enough that many children in the UK have a poor grasp of English as it stands let alone also learning that women are worth "half a man" while at school.

Radical Islam has no place in a future pursuing society, its teachings are male orientated violent nonsense used to dominate mindless people.

Sadly Radical Islam has the support of the super powers who despite the odd bark from them actually fund it because nothing says 'kerching' like a good old war and nothing says war and violence more than a Radical Islamic mob.
edit on 20-3-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Yeha thats all fine in theory but mohammed is pretty much worshipped in the real sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

This is a very small minority of school which have come under the sway of more fundementalist Governors and are now being investigated.
It's not normal for schools to teach radical Islam.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

OP

CIA did this first in the Afghanistan in the 70s, they changed school books to teach young kids about being a good martyr

All in the effort to cause Soviets problems

They created first mujahideen jihadists in the modern times, which later resulted in the Taliban

Yeeee peeee

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

Yeha thats all fine in theory but mohammed is pretty much worshipped in the real sense.

How can you tell me that? I'm an actual Muslim, as are my family. We don't worship him at all. We respect him, but respect is nothing like worship. That's like me telling you what your favorite foods & ideology really are, and that you don't know what you really believe lol. Preposterous

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
The problem we have in the UK is that schools are now teaching Radical Islam, personally I detest any religion being taught in schools, teach kids the basic building blocks first and foremost, its bad enough that many children in the UK have a poor grasp of English as it stands let alone also learning that women are worth "half a man" while at school.

Radical Islam has no place in a future pursuing society, its teachings are male orientated violent nonsense used to dominate mindless people.

Sadly Radical Islam has the support of the super powers who despite the odd bark from them actually fund it because nothing says 'kerching' like a good old war and nothing says war and violence more than a Radical Islamic mob.

Hey, why not call it what it really is: Wahabism. That's what they call themselves (well that and "Salafis", but Salafis are actually very different from Wahabis but whatever). And the West loves them because Wahabis hate Shiites; 75-95% of their victims are other Muslims (depending on the region & conflict); they discreetly support Zionism; and most importantly, they support the petrodollar. So as long as Saudi Arabia & Qatar (the 2 biggest Wahabi supporters) keep buying Western arms, investing in Western real estate & stocks, and keep their soldiers from attacking Israel, the West will continue to overlook their extremism.

The vast majority of Muslims are against them & their twisted ideology, but we get no credit for it. Instead we get profiled by Western govts as "scary Muslims" and get targeted by Wahabis for speaking up. So it's lose-lose

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

No i'm just saying you can say we dont worship him, but from the outside, it pretty much looks like you do.
I'm not telling YOU that YOU worship him, i'm saying that it looks like worship from the outside.
I dont know what your problem was anyway.
I was originally trying to point out that Mohammed is an important person in the Islamic faith, because somebody was saying they didnt think mohammed should be put on a par with God and Jesus in the Christian faith. I think from the outside you would say the comparison was about right.
You are obviosuly saying that Mohammed is not that important.
hardly something to row about.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo
i live close to farmville and it truly is a backwoods kinda area so the real question why would they be putting that in the curriculum and why in the smallest of towns

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i think who ever come up with this lesson is trying to push their faith and trying to circumvent sep of church and state

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Masterjaden[/post]

Jaden

Thanks for the correction..

Yeah I found this out reading a dictionary that my family has from the mid 1800's. It actually defines it as such specifically noting the arab group of killer's that would smoke hashish prior to slitting people's throats in the night.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join