It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School brainwashing kids into Islam with vocabulary exercises

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just came upon this video from liveleaks where a mother has found really strange word exercises which all revolve around the Muslim faith. It uses words which seem to target the imagination of kids in descriptions of "heaven" and "wars". It uses language to invoke a sensation of religious dogma which shouldn't be taught in schools.

Farmville Central High School in North Carolina is coming under fire for what conservatives believe is an attempt to indoctrinate children into the Muslim faith using Common Core vocabulary exercises.Fox News commentator Todd Starnes attacked the school on behalf of anonymous parents he spoke to. “What if right after Pearl Harbor our educational system was talking about how great the Japanese emperor was?” one such parent asked. “What if during the Cold War our educational system was telling students how wonderful Russia was?”

The exercises in question are designed to broaden students’ vocabulary while also teaching them about the Islamic faith. For example, the word “mosque” is defined in one sentence, and students are later asked to use the word in a fill-in-the-blank exercise.
Read more at www.liveleak.com...

So there's going to be the crowd that says "what's wrong with teaching a little history and empathy towards other religions in public schools?"
My answer? Nothing - just not in a language exercise. There's history classes for that. Whomever wrote out this language exercise clearly had an agenda to push some sneaky underhanded religious propaganda to the youth. And a kid isn't wise enough to see clear and blatant attempt of indoctrination. Adults can, and this mother did.

So the next question is...why is American public schools, ruled by a school board, owned and operated by the government, try to indoctrinate kids into the Islamic faith? Something's going on. Just look how many Caucasians are becoming radicalized and flocking to the ME. It's just down right bizarre. The last thing a regular agnostic or Atheist teen would ever want to do is become a "born again Christian" YUCK right? Yet teens are willing to go completely Mohammad on their families and take up Islamic radicalization? Something's going on. And the schools have something to do with it.

embed didn't work:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-3-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

eta: One picture of the lesson was posted, it does seem over board.

edit on thWed, 18 Mar 2015 20:15:57 -0500America/Chicago320155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
...uh, oh, this could seriously cut into the kids' 'Global Warming' and 'Trans-gender Awareness' class time.
edit on 18-3-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I personally think that religion has no place in education. School is

for educating and the home is where religion should be taught.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Got that right! Between Ontario's new 200 pg sex curriculum to 6 year olds and the exam covering the current 9 genders and homosexual acts plus this...

p.s I know you're being sarcastic

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This is the mentality that created the jingoism we all lovingly remember as "freedom fries". I don't complain when they teach my daughter how to spell "church" or "steeple". I don't accuse them of Christian brainwashing.

My goodness, how xenophobic do we need to get?

"Farmville"?! Are we surprised a place called Farmville would be afraid of foreign sounding words?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
At first I was prepared to hate on the the O.P's link but yeah if what the lady is saying is true then it's B/S and sound like religious indoctrination to me, a history class is indeed more appropriate unless the school is a madrasa .

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...uh, oh, this could seriously cut into the kids' 'Global Warming' and 'Trans-gender Awareness' class time.

Totally. Kids need to be ignorant when it comes to ecological and social responsibilities. Gotta keep the status quo! Them genderqueer folk and environmentalist turrists hate our way of life, right?! *highfive-belch*

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Perhaps the US has been taking advice from the UK.

Here we have Muslim schools where the teachers were filmed preaching hate.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I understand that Common Core is supposed to combine teaching in a variety of subjects at the same time. And I believe that it is necessary for students to understand other cultures. But this creeps me out big time.

There are some value judgements embedded in these definitions that are religious in nature and have no place in a public school.

dex

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When I was a kid we had a thing called ''Religious Education'' and it was compulsory, yes a few hours a week of good, solid Christian bullsh*t rammed down your throat. My point is, if you're offended (rightly so imo) by teaching religion to kids, don't just target one religion, target them all.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

"Farmville"?! Are we surprised a place called Farmville would be afraid of foreign sounding words?

Um, now who's being subjective ?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I understand that Common Core is supposed to combine teaching in a variety of subjects at the same time. And I believe that it is necessary for students to understand other cultures. But this creeps me out big time.

There are some value judgements embedded in these definitions that are religious in nature and have no place in a public school.

dex

Yeah... now that I read what's in your link, I might have to agree. Some of the wording in there almost seems to endorse the religion instead of just teaching about it.

That's very different than just complaining about learning culturally-significant words themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Cuervo

Um, now who's being subjective ?

The residents of Farmville. Unlike their sister city "Candycrush" whose residents are quite liberal.

You can even tell by the satellite imagery:

Farmville:

vs

Candycrush:

edit on 18-3-2015 by Cuervo because: added satellite photos

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

A is for Allah, B is for Belief, C is for Caliphate, D is for Divine Destiny..

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

and V for 72 virgins.
edit on 18-3-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am not a teacher buuut if I had a class and wanted my kids to learn about other cultures through word association lets keep it Arabic for a second,I would go down a list starting from discussing where it came from perhaps how we came to use it in everyday speech
A. as in
Algebra
Assassin
Benzene
Borax
Caravan
Carat

ETC all without religious hocus pocus,
edit on 18-3-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

That would be too logical and actual learning.

Polarization is the aim.
edit on 18-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
this is just one leak in a dam filled with leaks.
we are being programmed from every direction.
how can we ever hope to fight it all?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Maybe we're all just headed for one giant self-fulfilling prophecy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join