It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolce and Gabbana clarify remarks about IVF babies and gay adoption...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Independent Source.

A War Of The Words In The LGBT Community.

Turns out that famous gay couple Dolce & Gabbana have angered famouser gay couple Elton John & David Furnish...
As well as a whole host of others.

They said in an interview that IVF produces what they call "synthetic children"...

"Sperm from a catalogue for a rented uterus"...

Now if this had come from a straight couple of Republicans...

The whole world would be up in arms...

But this has come from heavyweights in the gay community...

So it's taken Elton John's influence in the world to call for D&G to be boycotted for their remarks....

Elton John said...

Sir Elton, who has had two children by IVF with his husband David Furnish, wrote on Instagram: “How dare you refer to my beautiful children as 'synthetic'.

“And shame on you for wagging your judgemental little fingers at IVF - a miracle that has allowed legions of loving people, both straight and gay, to fulfil their dream of having children.

“Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions.”

“I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again. #BoycottDolceGabbana.”

Now those last two lines seem a little contradictory and knee jerk...

If their fashion is out of date, why the need to clarify that you'll never wear it again...
Unless you do still wear it and decided to take a pot shot...

Anywho...

D&G responded, & I kinda had to agree...

Gabbana countered Sir Elton’s statement with his own Instagram post– a picture of a mother and her children, alongside the hashtags ‘#dgmamma’ and ‘#dgfamily’.

“This is respect for a different opinion? #boycotteltonjohn,” he stated in a separate post.

“It is simply arrogant not to tolerate those who think like him (Sir Elton) poor thing. We live in a democratic country and respect the ideas of others.”

Well they hit Elton with the freedom of speech card...
The trump all argument favoured by so many!

This, could probably be the most interesting thing in the celeb world for the simple fact it is an every-day debate...

Usually between the far right religious nutjobs and the far left libtards... (Just joking, chill out
)

I guess my overall assessment is, yes, D&G should be allowed to say whatever they like...

& at the same time, we can rejoice they're not law makers...

Win-Win!

Enjoy, & be nice to each other!!!

edit on 16-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Rejoice that two children were artificially created, robbed of a mother, and raised by two narcissistic queens who will be dead or infirm before their 18th birthday?

Good grief.

Depravity knows no bounds.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Rejoice that two children were artificially created, robbed of a mother, and raised by two narcissistic queens who will be dead or infirm before their 18th birthday?

Good grief.

Depravity knows no bounds.

Yes because only those "two narcissistic queens" have ever adopted and used ivf treatment!

Good grief.

Idiocy knows no bounds!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe those who cant have children should look more into adopting.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog
This is about IVF creating "synthetic children"...

Did you read the OPs post or just come along to bash?

I am straight and went through IVF. I was unlucky but would have LOVED the child I had and it would NOT have been a synthetic child.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well it appears they are rather hypocritical too.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The very definition of idiocy is allowing two men or two women shacking up and rubbing naughty bits to be considered parents.

A child - every child has a mother and a father, and is entitled to be raised in a stable, loving atmosphere with both of them.

Two queens - simply because they decide they now want to play parent - do not have the right to rob a child of that.

No matter what any law of man says.

link   
Im working in a D&G store. Hope nobody crazy comes in and throw paint all over the shop. I'm innocent!!!

link   

I can understand elton John's anx at what he obviously took as a personal insult. I don't doubt that he makes a brilliant and very muscical Dad in fact every bit as good and better than many hetero parents.

Again we are at the battle of freedom of thought and the right to express your opinion - whether it offends or not.
Do we want a world where we all toe the line to suit others on everything we think. Why were we made different and individual - we might as well turn into clones - however we do need to think about compassion and understanding and the right of everyone who wants to become a parent. D&C's view is a very religious and catholic one so is probably shared by a quiet number of people.

Being blessed with parenthood is one of the best things in the world. Some need a little help biologically but it doesn't mean they will be lesser parents.

Elton's baby looked very happy and particularly well cared for. Not every little one today does. Whether he wants to make this a full blown take sides issue is up to him atrip down that road with the religious righteous however perverted their idea of compassion is is not for the faint hearted.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson
Have you ever looked into adoption? IVF is cheaper than adoption. When I was looking to adopt I was told I would either have to take an older child, a child with special needs, or pay $50,000 for a private adoption. Its not as easy as wanting to adopt.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

But we dont live in la la land where every child has a loving mother and father do we....
Why do this argument always rely on some utopian alternative reality.
And child will be lucky to have 2 loving parents regardless of sex.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It depends where you are i guess, here in the UK IVF is provided on the NHS which i think is wrong, with so many older children waiting for homes, i think those who cant concieve on their own should look to adopting.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So Dolce and Gabbana give an opinion, and then Elton John gives an opinion about their opinion, and suddenly Dolce and Gabbana shout freedom of speech? Sure, it's everyone's right to speak freely, theirs and Elton Johns. The ONLY reason Dolce and Gabbana (the corporation and the two namesakes) are trying to defend their position is because they make Millions upon millions of dollars from the gay community, and friends of the gay community. The world of fashion can be insanely fickle for whatever reason, and if the trendsetters decide that Dolce and Gabbana is out they are OUT, to be sent off to the malls of the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think the saying

"Hug it out, bitch."

has never been so apt.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

The very definition of idiocy is allowing two men or two women shacking up and rubbing naughty bits to be considered parents.

A child - every child has a mother and a father, and is entitled to be raised in a stable, loving atmosphere with both of them.

Two queens - simply because they decide they now want to play parent - do not have the right to rob a child of that.

No matter what any law of man says.

In which dictionary is that "the very definition of idiocy"???

No every child does not have a mother and father...
You are now lying blatantly to fit your warped view of the world.

I think it was time constraints of the law that dictated when Elton and David could do what they did...
Rather than just up and deciding "hey now's a good time"...

Previously, they weren't allowed!

Tell me more about the very definition of idiocy!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Have you ever looked into adoption? IVF is cheaper than adoption. When I was looking to adopt I was told I would either have to take an older child, a child with special needs, or pay $50,000 for a private adoption. Its not as easy as wanting to adopt

I'm not saying your experience was not true.

However, I have an adopted nephew and their experience was nothing like that , extremely quick , far less than 10K , babies, and no special needs . I also know of 2 other close friends with the same outcome with their adopted children.

However, you do have to determine what is acceptable and what is not acceptable background for the adoption. Two of the 3 had biological parents that were drug addicts but the kids are extremely extremely bright ,healthy, and great kids.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

But we do live in a 'la la land' where two men can call themselves 'married,' and 'parents.'

Both of which are biological, cultural and logical impossibilities.

Why should we accept the lowest common denominator because people are now preferring the own satisfaction of their naughty bits over the rights and needs of innocent?

There are some in this world who still reject what was always rejected, and stand for what was always commanded.

In spite of the popular whims.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Ok please explain what is "biological" about marriage!!!

That's a doozy!

Why should we accept the lowest common denominator...

We don't, and that's why your views are not lawful and remain on the web and in the pub while the rest of the world has moved into 2015!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The biggest hypocrites in regards to IVF are the anti-abortion crowd who don't have an adopted child.

They do everything to save a life before its born, they do everything to take a life with capital punishment , don't adopt children , then preach on how they should all be brought in to this world despite not being wanted or being able to be taken care off.

I'm surprised they aren't fighting to ban IVF , but then again they are mostly hypocrites only concerned with their ideals and not the circumstances of the future for others.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

It's not about popluar whims, it's about an ever increasing section of the population that does not see anything wrong with same sex marriage, that didnt have some weird belief that all gay people are obsessed with sex, and are unable to have a relationship that is ot all about their naughty bits.
Always commanded by who?
Why does your belief in some religion trump the beliefs of everybody else.
It's hardly corrupting the innocence of children to have gay parents.
I would say having somebody look down on their family and make judgenments on them would tarnish their innocence more.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join