It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolce and Gabbana clarify remarks about IVF babies and gay adoption...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
I tried. I was on a "list" for 6 years for a state adoption, I finally just removed my name. I would not enter into the foster care program (I could not stand to have a child taken away) so they said that is what hurt my public adoption chances. I am glad that your family and friends were so blessed. I also have 2 close friends that went through the foster system and 1 has 2 beautiful children and the other now has 1. I was never able to become a parent but I am so happy when the system does work. I think that every child is a blessing. My problem with this story was that they "put down" IVF babies. They are no different than a baby created in a bedroom.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
The biggest hypocrites in regards to IVF are the anti-abortion crowd who don't have an adopted child.

They do everything to save a life before its born, they do everything to take a life with capital punishment , don't adopt children , then preach on how they should all be brought in to this world despite not being wanted or being able to be taken care off.

I'm surprised they aren't fighting to ban IVF , but then again they are mostly hypocrites only concerned with their ideals and not the circumstances of the future for others.

You could not be more wrong here.

On every point you make, you are dead wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

(I could not stand to have a child taken away)

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not religious but bless those people that are able to do it because of the right reasons.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Pretty insensitive thing to say from D and G. Not sure why they would make a joint statement like that anyway???

Parenting is so special for people, and those who have to try harder to get their little family, could and should be insulted by what they said.

That said, I don't care what D and G think about peoples families.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just want to say I found myself in agreement with Elton on this one....
The fact that D&G referred to any child as "synthetic" was both cruel and untrue. Those children are every bit as valid and natural as any other child alive.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

So you don't think its hypocritical for an anti abortion person to not adopt children but allow those children to become others problem?

So you don't think its hypocritical for an anti abortion person to be for IVF when there are so many children in need of adoptions?

So you don't think its hypocritical for an anti abortion person to fight for the unborn and yet be so willing to kill them later in life when they are uneducated , raised by the system , no caring parents, and no system of support to have done better in their life? Not saying they all end up like that , but plenty do.

You right, maybe instead of hypocritical I should have used selfish idealist.

edit on 01331America/ChicagoMon, 16 Mar 2015 10:01:19 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think Elton John and hubby are being a bit sensitive. And they aren't alone... From your link:

Hundreds of families – and household names – have since taken to the social media site to post pictures of their family in defence of IVF treatment using the #boycottdolceandgabbana hashtag.

Jesus! People have their opinions and others get offended... It's the way of the world.

I just KNOW D&G didn't mean that babies were "synthetic", more like "made by a process that isn't the way it's usually done"... I'm supporting D&G on this. Speech trumps one's imagined right not to be offended...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Don't agree with anything they said...

But can't say they don't have a right to say it.

Although I haven't actually seen any thing from Elton that implied they should be silenced...

Just their products boycotted...

I can't say I'd boycott D&G cos I'd never wear it anyways.

Could be a career ender though unless they target a new demographic.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You should have just avoided the straw man crap to begin with.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't agree with D&G on this either. A couple should be permitted to CHOOSE whether they have a child "naturally", by adoption, thought IVF or not have a child at all. And ALL the babies born are equally precious (or repulsive, depending on your view). I'm just certain they were talking about the process, though... Here's the original statement:

Dolce said that procreation “must be an act of love”, adding: “You are born to a mother and father – or at least that’s how it should be.

”I call children of chemistry synethic children. Uteri [for rent], semen chosen from a catalogue.”
Source

Adoption and IVF are "acts of love", too, boys. And yes, he was speaking about the process of choosing sperm and using chemistry... (But doesn't the "natural" way involve "chemistry", too? And as women, we DO choose the sperm by choosing the man.) So, I disagree with his opinion, but support his right to say it, just as I support Elton John's right to throw a fit about it.

I can't boycott them either, but wouldn't choose to if I wore their clothes...

I doubt this will end their career. They probably have plenty of open-minded customers who aren't fazed by this uproar.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

PLEASE! Have you read your first post in this thread? Pot meet kettle! This thread has nothing to do with the "laws of man" and all the other crap you're trying to bring into it. It looks suspiciously like you're trying to derail the thread with what you think is wrong about gay people. Get a grip.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ah so you agree than?

What I originally wrote, basically goes right online with my second post. So don't see the purpose of your comment besides deflection?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I will admit that I had to Google to find out who these D&G fellas were because I have never heard of "Dolce and Gabbana". I also dont understand what the big deal is about what they said. They aren't stopping anyone from having the IVF procedure. All they did was express their opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Agreed. D&G had every right to say what they did. And Elton and whomever else has every right to respond with their opinion and to boycott D&G if they so choose. That's how freedom works.

Meh. Not my battle either way. Never bought anything at Dolce & Gabbana - I think their stuff is for the very rich - and/or the very-rich-wannabes.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Never heard of D&G?

Metallicus man, I've never heard of anyone who hasn't heard of D&G...

So I guess we both learned something today

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

PLEASE! Have you read your first post in this thread? Pot meet kettle! This thread has nothing to do with the "laws of man" and all the other crap you're trying to bring into it. It looks suspiciously like you're trying to derail the thread with what you think is wrong about gay people. Get a grip.

This quote is directly from the OP:

I guess my overall assessment is, yes, D&G should be allowed to say whatever they like...

& at the same time, we can rejoice they're not law makers...

Win-Win!

Are we to agree with this poster that we should begrudgingly allow a fundamentally logical, ordered traditional statement about what constitutes a family, while celebrating the wrecking of eons-old constructs established to support the defined?

The irony of those who agree with his fussy anger at the fashion queens will remain silent about the fact that two innocent children have been robbed of a mother, forced into the arms of two aged, self-absorbed perverts and abandoned to the fuzzy, feel-good notion of 'we are all a beautiful, happy family' is not lost on me.

90% of the posts from you I have bothered to read are filled with this vapid nonsense.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Agreed. D&G had every right to say what they did. And Elton and whomever else has every right to respond with their opinion and to boycott D&G if they so choose. That's how freedom works.

Meh. Not my battle either way. Never bought anything at Dolce & Gabbana - I think their stuff is for the very rich - and/or the very-rich-wannabes.

Have to agree with you.

Is a bit of an elitest label. imo.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

90% of the posts from you I have bothered to read are filled with this vapid nonsense.

I disagree wholeheartedly...

& even if I didn't...

It's a lot better than hitting the 100% mark as you have done.

Now, you haven't told me what dictionary you have that defines "idiocy"...

Nor have you explained what is "biological" about "marriage"...

& further more I'd like to ask how you come to the conclusion Elton John and David Furnish are "perverts"!!!

However, I feel I am fooling myself expecting a coherent and logical answer to any of the above!
edit on 16-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Metallicus

Never heard of D&G?

Metallicus man, I've never heard of anyone who hasn't heard of D&G...

So I guess we both learned something today

I never had either, guess that's why my family calls me the Hermit.

Would they be considered 'synthetic' if they had 3 'parents'?

3 Parent Babies

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Are we to agree with this poster that we should begrudgingly allow a fundamentally logical, ordered traditional statement about what constitutes a family, while celebrating the wrecking of eons-old constructs established to support the defined?

The irony of those who agree with his fussy anger at the fashion queens will remain silent about the fact that two innocent children have been robbed of a mother, forced into the arms of two aged, self-absorbed perverts and abandoned to the fuzzy, feel-good notion of 'we are all a beautiful, happy family' is not lost on me.

Children are always forced into the arms of someone after birth. Do you think new-born infants make a conscious decision on whose arms they will be put into? What vapid nonsense! What if the mother is a heroin drug addict? What if the father is an alcoholic who refuses to work for a living? If I was a new-born and I could make a conscious decision, I don't think I'd have it so bad if I was with two people who adored me and who were very, very rich. Not exactly abandonment.

<< 1    3 >>

join