It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who decided being a Racist was Worse Then.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Entreri06

a reply to: Entreri06

the vast majority of African Americans are poor.

No the vast majority of African Americans are not poor, the vast majority are working class to middle class.

In terms of race in 2010 data, Asian American households had the highest median household income of $57,518, European-American households ranked second with $48,977, Hispanic or Latino households ranked third with $34,241. African-American or Black households had the lowest median household income of all races with $30,134.[47]

From Wikipedia on income by race.

30k a year for a household is poor.

No, $19,090 or less is now officially poor, compared to the 2011 definition of poor for that family being $18,530.

Ask anyone raising a family (it said household) on 30k if they are poor and they will answer yes.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

the vast majority of African Americans are poor.

No the vast majority of African Americans are not poor, the vast majority are working class to middle class.

In terms of race in 2010 data, Asian American households had the highest median household income of $57,518, European-American households ranked second with $48,977, Hispanic or Latino households ranked third with $34,241. African-American or Black households had the lowest median household income of all races with $30,134.[47]

From Wikipedia on income by race.

30k a year for a household is poor.

No, $19,090 or less is now officially poor, compared to the 2011 definition of poor for that family being $18,530.

Ask anyone raising a family (it said household) on 30k if they are poor and they will answer yes.

Look some people making 50 a year think they are poor, but the above is the official figures.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: TheLiesOfEden
It's really very amazing the lengths to which some white people will go to downplay the life ruining, bodily and psychologically harmful effects institutional, structural racism has on the lives of people of colour. Like really. Grow up and realise that racism is more than having a bad opinion of people of colour. Understand that people's lives are very negatively impacted and sometimes literally ruined because of the racism and inequality that inlaid and and DYED into the fabric and structure of this society.

That would be true... Except it's really more about economic stuff then racism. It's just that (because of Americas Racist past) the vast majority of African Americans are poor. The same could be said for how America treats the fat or ugly.

I grew up poor in trailer parks in mississippi so cops and buisnesses all looked at us like trash white or not.

Blacks dot have the monopoly on crappy treatment. Just a larger percent of poor who society treats crappy.

Trust me bill cosbys and Obamas kids will grow up with every advantage and oppertunity.

I think what would be helpful for you is to get yourself some help with that chip on your shoulder. You really aren't providing anything positive so what's your point? Will the children of Clinton, Bush and any non black person who's parents are rich not grow up with every advantage and opportunity? Why are you willfully choosing only to name black people? I know the answer, just want to know if you will actually be honest and admit your bias.

I don't have a chip and that's my point. It's no longer about race. It's about money. Something I consider just as bad.

For the most part today racism is a red herring.

We don't stop bully cops from disrespecting or killing citizens because were looking for some illuminatti type war on blacks. When that wasn't really part of the equation in the first place.

You appear to be making this about race, your whole OP is about if being racist is worse than being a wife beater. You seem to be making a problem where a lot of people don't see what you see - and that isn't because they are too blind to see it, it's more about your worldview. You're happy to that worldview, I'll see if I can get you some salt for that chip.

ETA, where is that view that being non white makes someone inferior? It's a comment that idiots will make and will be swallowed up by gullible idiots, but where is the 'illuminati' making that 'war'?

Who has the view that being non white is inferior to being white.

You do know race is 100% man made right? That genetically you are probubally closer to some of your opposite race friends then you are to those you think of as your own race. I personally am as mutt as they come. There are no races. There are over 3,000 distinct ethnic groups in Africa alone. None more then 9.2% different then any one of the couple hundred Nordic tribes and I'm an American! We are so mixed the hell up you can't find some one who isn't mixed "race!"

So what exactly are you trying to say? You keep dropping hints and innuendo. Just say what you are getting at this is the net. No one cares.

You seem to be backtracking everything you have said. I guess I'm done here as you aren't really backing up your original OP anymore, I hope that means your own views have changed.

No you jumped to conclustion a about what the OP was getting at. I'm just saying that we have decided that being racist is one of the worst things you can be. When really there are far worse. Hell being anti vaccine is probubally worse for the human race as a whole then being a racist who wouldn't hurt anyone.

Your comments in the OP -

"That said who ever decided that being a racist was the worst thing you could be?

How is being a nonviolent racist worse then being a wife beater, child abuser, drug addict, theif, hell even a murderer in most cases? "

Errrm, not sure how else that could be defined. I'm not aware of anyone who would class a racist as 'worse' than anyone who is committing a different crime - you made the distinction, no one else, and why being an atheist would have anything to do with anything on this subject is beyond me. Oh dear.

Your fired for saying the N word weather your a racist at heart or not, but cheat on your wife or Beat your kids without putting them in the hospital your cool.

How about if you yell a racist slur at work your fired with no chance for rehire, but get caught getting high at work you go to rehab and your jobs there waiting.

You continue to compare apples with oranges. Easy answer? Don't hit your kids, don't yell racist slurs. Neither is too difficult is it, or are you suggesting yelling racist slurs shouldn't be seen as a bad thing? Anyhow, you seem to have some personal issue, not sure if you are raising it in ATS looking for some kind of solace.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's really very amazing the lengths to which some white people will go to downplay the life ruining, bodily and psychologically harmful effects institutional, structural racism has on the lives of people of colour. Like really. Grow up and realise that racism is more than having a bad opinion of people of colour. Understand that people's lives are very negatively impacted and sometimes literally ruined because of the racism and inequality that inlaid and and DYED into the fabric and structure of this society.

That would be true... Except it's really more about economic stuff then racism. It's just that (because of Americas Racist past) the vast majority of African Americans are poor. The same could be said for how America treats the fat or ugly.

I grew up poor in trailer parks in mississippi so cops and buisnesses all looked at us like trash white or not.

Blacks dot have the monopoly on crappy treatment. Just a larger percent of poor who society treats crappy.

Trust me bill cosbys and Obamas kids will grow up with every advantage and oppertunity.

I think what would be helpful for you is to get yourself some help with that chip on your shoulder. You really aren't providing anything positive so what's your point? Will the children of Clinton, Bush and any non black person who's parents are rich not grow up with every advantage and opportunity? Why are you willfully choosing only to name black people? I know the answer, just want to know if you will actually be honest and admit your bias.

I don't have a chip and that's my point. It's no longer about race. It's about money. Something I consider just as bad.

We don't stop bully cops from disrespecting or killing citizens because were looking for some illuminatti type war on blacks. When that wasn't really part of the equation in the first place.

You appear to be making this about race, your whole OP is about if being racist is worse than being a wife beater. You seem to be making a problem where a lot of people don't see what you see - and that isn't because they are too blind to see it, it's more about your worldview. You're happy to that worldview, I'll see if I can get you some salt for that chip.

ETA, where is that view that being non white makes someone inferior? It's a comment that idiots will make and will be swallowed up by gullible idiots, but where is the 'illuminati' making that 'war'?

You do know race is 100% man made right? That genetically you are probubally closer to some of your opposite race friends then you are to those you think of as your own race. I personally am as mutt as they come. There are no races. There are over 3,000 distinct ethnic groups in Africa alone. None more then 9.2% different then any one of the couple hundred Nordic tribes and I'm an American! We are so mixed the hell up you can't find some one who isn't mixed "race!"

So what exactly are you trying to say? You keep dropping hints and innuendo. Just say what you are getting at this is the net. No one cares.

You seem to be backtracking everything you have said. I guess I'm done here as you aren't really backing up your original OP anymore, I hope that means your own views have changed.

No you jumped to conclustion a about what the OP was getting at. I'm just saying that we have decided that being racist is one of the worst things you can be. When really there are far worse. Hell being anti vaccine is probubally worse for the human race as a whole then being a racist who wouldn't hurt anyone.

"That said who ever decided that being a racist was the worst thing you could be?

How is being a nonviolent racist worse then being a wife beater, child abuser, drug addict, theif, hell even a murderer in most cases? "

Errrm, not sure how else that could be defined. I'm not aware of anyone who would class a racist as 'worse' than anyone who is committing a different crime - you made the distinction, no one else, and why being an atheist would have anything to do with anything on this subject is beyond me. Oh dear.

Your fired for saying the N word weather your a racist at heart or not, but cheat on your wife or Beat your kids without putting them in the hospital your cool.

How about if you yell a racist slur at work your fired with no chance for rehire, but get caught getting high at work you go to rehab and your jobs there waiting.

You continue to compare apples with oranges. Easy answer? Don't hit your kids, don't yell racist slurs. Neither is too difficult is it, or are you suggesting yelling racist slurs shouldn't be seen as a bad thing? Anyhow, you seem to have some personal issue, not sure if you are raising it in ATS looking for some kind of solace.

In a way yea. We should never give words the power we have and not just with racial stuff. Take curse words. Poop and $//!T have the same definition so who decided one is acceptable and the other horrible to say? If no one cared if you called them an Nword, it would have no power over you.

You can make a large chunk of people who identify as black (remember race is 100% a human creation not an evolutionary one) to physically attack you by calling them the N-word. This is crazy! You just give racist idiots the power to control your actions.

Why would anyone care what some one who didn't care about you thought of you? You shouldn't.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What would you consider worse? A nonviolent racist who adores his wife and children or a liberal (which I consider myself) who cheats on his wife and ignores his children? If forced to choose?

That's not a trap it's a legitimate question.

I think the problems with society are due to the fact we glorify the celebrity and good buisness person over the good family person. I'm not talking about marrage.

More the fact that a great parent who sucks at the 9 to 5 thing, is a worthless mooch. While the good buisness person who cheats on their spouse and ignores there kids is considered a pillar of the community.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What would you consider worse? A nonviolent racist who adores his wife and children or a liberal (which I consider myself) who cheats on his wife and ignores his children? If forced to choose?

The liberal, although I don't see why being a liberal has any bearing on this.

What exactly was your point?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Is that someone who shouts racist slurs but pats his kids before he goes to bed? Well, worse actually, but again, you are comparing two things that are not the same - you really need to work on that chip. As daskakik says in the post above mine, what has being a liberal got to do with anything? Or being an atheist?

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Is that someone who shouts racist slurs but pats his kids before he goes to bed?

I took it to mean someone who doesn't shout racist slurs although they are in fact racist.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Violence by definition is physical.... There is no "emotionally violent" lol!

Did you check the dictionary when you determined that? I just checked many dictionary sites and they all say you're wrong. There are usually several meanings for a word. Violence is one of those words.

For instance one definition of violence from dictionarydotcom:

5. rough or immoderate vehemence, as of feeling or language:
"the violence of his hatred."

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its funny how intolerant people will exhibit intolerant behavior towards other intolerant people and think they are justified by their intolerance because the intolerance is worse than their intolerant behavior.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

The liberal, although I don't see why being a liberal has any bearing on this.

What exactly was your point?

Saying liberal to show the person wasn't a racist. See I disagree. I think it's definately the racist who is the better human being. Tho obviously both have issues.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Is that someone who shouts racist slurs but pats his kids before he goes to bed? Well, worse actually, but again, you are comparing two things that are not the same - you really need to work on that chip. As daskakik says in the post above mine, what has being a liberal got to do with anything? Or being an atheist?

There really is no chip at all lol. I'm not furious that racism is considered as bad/worse as a cheater. I just personally think it's illogical.

The reason for saying I'm a liberal atheist is just to show I'm not at all a Fox News type. I fall for zero of there garbage. I'm not trying to claim that some one playing the race card is the real racist or any such craziness.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Is that someone who shouts racist slurs but pats his kids before he goes to bed?

I took it to mean someone who doesn't shout racist slurs although they are in fact racist.

I would say it's some one who shouts racist slurs but in the privacy of their own home and never acts on it in public life.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Saying liberal to show the person wasn't a racist. See I disagree. I think it's definately the racist who is the better human being. Tho obviously both have issues.

You don't disagree, you asked who was worse, not who was better.

I would say it's some one who shouts racist slurs but in the privacy of their own home and never acts on it in public life.

Don't really see much difference, either way, they are not showing it.

edit on 16-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

In my experience racists that shout racist slurs don't limit themselves exclusively to their homes, or the privacy of their thoughts, when expressing their racism.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The categories given by the OP were a nonviolent racist, a wife beater, child abuser, drug addict, thief, and a murderer.

No matter how I tried to formulate a joke where all of them walk into a bar I just couldn't make the punchline where only the racist catches hell where it wasn't nonsensical.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Racists should be locked up with the rest of the worlds criminals, in fact the world would be better off without them on it.
edit on 16-3-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Racists should be locked up with the rest of the worlds criminals, in fact the world would be better off without them on it.

Just because some one believes some thing bat $//!T crazy we should imprison them?!?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

In my experience racists that shout racist slurs don't limit themselves exclusively to their homes, or the privacy of their thoughts, when expressing their racism.

Growing up in mississippi I know tons of "salt of the earth" people are racist as hell in private. Most are older, but still.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Just because some one believes some thing bat $//!T crazy we should imprison them?!?

Yep they dont deserve to live on the same planet as the sane folk, or be alive at all for that matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join