It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who decided being a Racist was Worse Then.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just to set the stage, I'm an atheist who is extremely liberal/libertarian.

That said who ever decided that being a racist was the worst thing you could be?

How is being a nonviolent racist worse then being a wife beater, child abuser, drug addict, theif, hell even a murderer in most cases?

How does that make any sense?

How is having an admittedly horrible world view worse then people who actually physically hurt and kill people?

Is a racist who loves his wife and child and spends his life taking care of them, worse then a liberal who cheats on his wife and ignores his children?

Even from my anti conservative world view this is ridiculous. It seems like any crime besides child molestation and racism is forgivable, but a racist is a racist for life. Completely forgetting almost everyone's grand parents were horrible people by today's standards.

Thoughts?
edit on 15-3-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Just to set the stage, I'm an atheist who is extremely liberal/libertarian.

That said who ever decided that being a racist was the worst thing you could be?

How is being a nonviolent racist worse then being a wife beater, child abuser, drug addict, theif, hell even a murderer in most cases?

How does that make any sense?

How is having and admittly horrible world view worse then people who actually physically hurt and kill people?

Is a racist who loves his wife and child and spends his life taking care of them, worse then a liberal who cheats on his wife and ignores his children?

Even from my anti conservative world view this is ridiculous. It seems like any crime besides child molestation and racism is forgivable, but a racist is a racist for life. Completely forgetting almost everyone's grand parents were horrible people by today's standards.

Thoughts?

They are all bad, but can't really be compared.

*than
*than

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
S&F beautiful.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Who told you that being a nonviolent racist was worse than being a wife beater, child abuser, drug addict, thief, or a murderer and why did you believe them?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Society bro. Look at the news. It's not hard to see you have to have blinders on to not see that. bet you a neighbor with a white pride ttattoo will make news before a rapist moving into the neighborhood does.
edit on 5311132015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

edit on 5311132015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

I don't have cable does that count?

I see your edit>>

If that does count then an easy solution for you would be to drop cable and live happier.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Racism is all about pointing the finger at "Whitey" and laying blame, if I went to Court and laid charges on someone of non white colour with racism it would get laughed out of there. So were is the fairness here ? racism is a word that means accusing a "White" of racial bigotry, the reverse is ok and condoned by the system.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Until a different race is burning down my business and house because of what someone else did. Which in case you didn't notice with no cable necessary is running rampant people thinking they have claims over others.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The media >>> .

Turn on any news show, don't even have to have cable, they'll tell you!!
edit on 3/15/2015 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

You're right I haven't noticed.

Like I said I don't have cable(it is a choice) so the talking heads opinions have no sway over me.

If you don't like what they are saying then simply turn it off.

Seems pretty simple to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm not watching cable I'm on the internet voicing my opinion which I have a right to do I see your argument of stick your head in the sand but I don't live on my knees like half the population.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
All of those other things already generate money via the justice system. They are working towards making anything that could be considered racist illegal to generate more slave labor via prison, and more tax money via courts. After they do that they will add sexism, agism, weight-ism, etc. Soon free speech will be completely abolished, and afterwards free thought will be assaulted.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember
Society bro. Look at the news. It's not hard to see you have to have blinders on to not see that. bet you a neighbor with a white pride ttattoo will make news before a rapist moving into the neighborhood does.

How so, aren't sex offenders often forced to register?

I've known people with white pride tatto's that never made the news.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Seems like you've tried to bundle racists into a "loving and non violent" box...

Guffaw!!!

I want to tear into your post, with a stupendous amount of logic...

But logic is kinda dictating that you deserve no response to such a bait of a thread!

I will say this...

My dad cheated, split from my mum from an early age, didn't really see him too often...

& yet I still respect him more than I would if he'd stuck around to indoctrinate me with hatred and a superiority complex towards another race...

So you can keep your hypothetical loving racist father...

I'll stick with mine...
Who despite being almost non existent... at least taught me racism is disgusting.

& I've never heard anyone say that racism is "worse" than murder or rape or any other hyperbolic example you come up with...

Ciao!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I'm not watching cable I'm on the internet voicing my opinion which I have a right to do I see your argument of stick your head in the sand but I don't live on my knees like half the population.

So, because I don't watch cable news and let them get me worked up over irrelevant crap at their whim you say I am sticking my head in the sand.

HAHA so be it then. At least I am able to live my life without being told how I should feel about it by people who couldn't care less that I even exist(i.e. tv personalities).

Have fun with your cable news that seems to be working great for you. Don't worry tomorrow they will give you another opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

It's not about cable television. I don't have that, haven't had cable for twelve years now. And I see clearly what the OP is referencing. It's not about talking heads either.

It's about an agenda. Pure and simple.

Race is the best way a true racist has to divide the people.

edit on 3 15 2015 by caterpillage because: Iphone spell check

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

How so, aren't sex offenders often forced to register?

I've known people with white pride tatto's that never made the news.

You could be fired from your job and shunned by your community. If a CEO makes racist statements it's news worthy. If the same guy beats his kids. No one cares.

Off subject... But I think the problem in society is that we glorify the good buisness person. While ignoring the good father. If a guy or girl is bad at the 9 to 5 thing but are excellent parents, they are bums and worthless. But if your good with money, but a crap husband, father and friend. Your an upstanding member of society.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Like I said I don't know what you guys are even talking about.

I guess I didn't answer my door or phone when they came a knockin' or calling to stir me up with some agenda.

I missed out on it, but I am glad I did.
edit on 16-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: ha

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
my mom is a rather ignorant racist. She is a very lovely mother, but it was not hard for me to see by middle school how ignorant of a racist she was. Funny she likes to accuse an entire people based on their skin color who she never even socializes with of rampant criminal behavior, but the only two times my mother was a victim of a crime was by light skinned Americans.

Rather funny. I actually have friends who are rather racist, they are light skinned Americans of European ancestry. I dont hate them because they are racist. In fact their ignorance is rather entertaining even as I point it out to them. And the funny truth, many racists actually have really good friends that are of the race they claim the harbor ill will towards. Such is life.

I wont refuse to chill with a person if they are racist, but I would hardly take anything they say seriously.

I think I may actually be coming around to bringing my mother to the light, but she is a stubborn lady I tell you.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

It's not about cable television. I don't have that, haven't had cable for twelve years now. And I see clearly what the OP is referencing. It's not about talking heads either.

It's about an agenda. Pure and simple.

Race is the best way a true racist has to divide the people.

That's just the opposite side of the same coin. Saying people who play the race card are the real racists. When playing the race card when unrelated is a scam. Not some strange way they are being racist in return.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join