It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Christian. If your world view is more rational than mine please come show me.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Psychology is as crackpot as Astrology!

No! It is not!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

originally posted by: akushla99
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

No one other than non-specific has really gotten a straight answer to specific questions (why this is so, is a question best answered by psychology)...

I am sorry for butting in, but Psychology for the most part is pseudoscience.

The decisions and definition of morals and ethics are best left to philosophers and bishops or (spiritual leaders if you will)

---

I mean you only have to page down 6 times just to get the gist of the tip of the iceberg here because a lot of the stuff is foundational.

Better off playing with houses made of cards or dominoes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Riiighty oh then...lol

Å99

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

Okay lets stay on the topic of God creating an advesary he can't beat or whatever....

Do you know what a strawman is?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

No! It is not!

Don't feed the trolls.

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Okay lets stay on the topic of God creating an advesary he can't beat or whatever....

I've actually been seeing this A LOT lately, & have NO IDEA what it actually means (I can infer, but I've never gotten an official description). I was even accused of bringing up a strawman argument on an IOS game forum, it blew my mind LoL

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Since the complexity of the universe we find ourselves in exceeds our capability, it is unlikely that you will get a satisfactory answer, one person's rational and logical framework may not necessarily overlap with yours.

That being said, I also find rationality and logic in my Christian world view but I do see what I perceive to be irrationality in others Christian world views, so who amongst us humans has the full truth?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't see how this can even be a discussion. We know, for an absolute fact, that the bible makes false claims. Creation, the garden, the flood ...etc, are all demonstrably false claims. To believe something with all the evidence pointing to something else is inherently irrational. The resulting worldview is likewise irrational.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I gave you a precis of my 'worldview', back a page...Title of OP, specific.

You've chosen to do nothing with it, ignoring the very thing you asked for...

You're setting a trend over these 16 pages of quoting fallacies of logic against posters instead of helping to elucidate a vague position...that's not shifting goalposts, but changing the arena, on the fly...

Å99

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Lets...

As far as I can gather, you aver a God, you aver a satan, you aver 'some' conflict, of some nature resulting in the 'defeat' of a rival created by God.

Have I got that right so far?

Å99

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

You're full of it!

I have striven to engage you in conversation, but you never answer my posts... at best you reply to my posts with a completely new topic or content and don't address anything I have said.

For instance, here is my last post that you never responded to:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Everything is shades of grey...

If we really want to reduce everything to black and white, the only rational view for anything unknown (that's anything without externally verifiable facts... such as the nature of the universe, or God, or infinity, etc...) is "I don't know".

All other views that claim to "know" are irrational.

As for morals, they only exist within context... or put another way; the context of any given situation is what will define the moral framework for that situation.

Since a transcendent consciousness is an unknown, that leaves the only rational approach to morals being that they are an individuals' construct developed within the context of a person’s life to base decisions on.

Your world view is considerably less rational than what I posted.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Don't feed the trolls.
LoL

It's not about trolling, I've never learned that art...

I am trying to remove a controversial subject from an interesting discussion.

No one can agree on "psychology" so it's best to throw it out of the equation here.

When it comes down to it, psychology is no different than a faith-based practice but full to the brim with subjectivity, where solid ground was never established in the first place.

Freaking local priest knows more about local behavioral science than a shrink! Everybody is a damn psychologist! you're your own psychologist!

Society is regional and evolves on a daily basis, hourly even...

edit on 18-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

How do you read Genesis 5? 

www.uv.mx...

👣

edit on 627WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

No! It is not!

Shrinks are what's wrong with this darn planet imo...

Psychology is a "liberal-art" at it's onset.

Requires collectivist mentality over individualism and that is against nature.

---

Everything for my philosophy pretty much starts there, any comments you may read or what spews out of my mouth all comes back to this...

"Individualism Vs Collectivism"

I am an individualist -- me alone in my world... It's all mine!

Lawnmower Man

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

How much Jung have you read?

👣

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

How much Jung have you read?

👣

Not too much... but I pulled enough from him in such a brief overview that he has been in my list of inspirational people on my FB for quite a few years now, along with Sagan and James Burke (my two best teachers) I also have Captain Picard on that short list.

People always ask me about Picard...

Romulan's are like Imperialistic Communist! a weird mix lol...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

As far as I can gather, you aver a God, you aver a satan, you aver 'some' conflict, of some nature resulting in the 'defeat' of a rival created by God.

No you don't have that right so far, which is what I told you when you first brought this point up. I told you it was a strawman. If you knew what that was you would have realized that you didn't get it right.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No you don't have that right so far, which is what I told you when you first brought this point up. I told you it was a strawman. If you knew what that was you would have realized that you didn't get it right.

Then you have at least misrepresented what you are asking posters to compare anything to...these points I raised as a question to you were lifted (not deduced) from YOUR posts...and it is very clear to me that you are being duplicitous and evasive (that's my honest opinion)...circus over.

Å99

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

You have an issue with 'liberal arts'?

Requires collectivist mentality over individualism and that is against nature.

Wrong again.
It is all about understanding the individual. What their upbringing was like, their environment, their circumstances....

It is "nature". It is about understanding nature - from every angle. Human Nature.

Get some help. You need help. It's not a weakness to ask for or receive help.

edit on 3/18/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

And yes, you have definitely 'learned the art' of trolling.
I would tell you to "go away", but it is not my place to do so.
edit on 3/18/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

'You aver a God' - No

"There is a personal God who created the universe" Quote SOTL Pg 1 - Yes

'You aver a satan' - No

"I believe this is exactly why Satan deceived us in the first place." Quote SOTL pg 11 - Yes

'You aver 'some' conflict, of some nature resulting in a defeat' - No

"God has already defeated Satan in the Biblical world view..." Quote SOTL pg 12 - Yes

...duplicity...

You have been asking throughout this whole thread 'What is the difference between a bucket'...variously a pail, or perhaps just something that holds water...

Å99
edit on 18-3-2015 by akushla99 because: Addd

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
How about rationalizing you view. 17,000 feet of water in 40 days. Man living in a whale for there days. Parting a sea. Walking on water. Turning water to wine. Born of a virgin. Raising from the dead but never appear. Can you account for why almost all these claims have been made before Jesus story by others claiming to be gods as well? Sounds like a tall tale to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You have an issue with 'liberal arts'?

Only when males practice it ma'am

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join