It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are ONE Event Away From WW3...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I think, its a european problem. The absolute opposition of left wing parties to anything patriotic/national, in combination with their lobbying for each and every minority forms a world where the minorities get pushed into a group consciousness (nation, or religion), while on the other side the majority is forbidden to develop such a group consciousness as it would be patriotism or/and nationalism, a no go for the left ideology. In this situation the majoritys people start to feel alienated in their own homeland, seeing only problems of "the others", small groups, being discussed in politics. This way extreme right real nazism starts to get a grip.
Look at the US there you are first american and than slovakian, german etc. The so called background (example migration background) should stay in the background, but by the left wing minority affinity the differences get pushed in the foreground, dividing the people.

People must share the identity of what unites them in their everyday living, in our case the country, and not what divides/differentiates them, the background , far away, possibly not even compatible. This means some sort of nationalism/patriotism. I like the US in this regard.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I have many European friends and we have talked extensively about these types of things. I have friends from Poland who say EU and the US are not worried enough about Russia. I can't speak for everyone in the US but I don't know anyone who is afraid of Putin or Russia. There is no one individual American that hates individual Russians that I know of. However, with the history between the US and Russia, it gets peoples attention when Putin makes comments about nuclear force being a possibility. Powerful world leaders should not make such threats. I would expect something like that from North Korea but not Russia. The US, I don't care who it is, would never make that kind of statement.

From my perspective Ukraine is nothing more than a power grab for Russia. I don't believe for a second it was for the good of the Russian people. If half of Mexico claimed they no longer wanted to be a part of Mexico and voted to join the US, does that mean we can invade Mexico and take half of it? Then say we were willing to defend this action with nuclear force should Russia have gotten involved? The Ukraine has a geographic significance to Russia - nothing more. It has nothing to do with helping Russian ethnics. The Black Sea is a strategic military location for Russia and that is the only reason Russia had any interest.

To address you question about having Russian troops at the border ready to fight - yes they do and did in the Ukraine. Putin admitted, (after he initially denied), Russian forces were posing as pro-Russian rebels in the Ukraine and fighting against the Ukrainians while supplying weapons. The US is trying to make sure Putin doesn't try to take the rest of the Ukraine, not trying to provoke them.

As far as Syria goes - Assad is a major purchaser of Russian military equipment. Coincidence? Otherwise Putin wouldn't care at all about the US involvement. People were being killed with chemical weapons by Assad and Russia defended Assad even though the use of chemical weapons violates the Geneva Protocol. Because of this and the fact that Obama is a pacifist, ISIS was spawned and grew quickly. Putin literally threatened the US if we attacked ISIS or Assad in Syria. Why would they do that? He threatened to go to war with the US over Assad.

There is no other country in this world who is doing more to fight religious extremists than the USA. We don't have an endless supply resources to continue forever. Why isn't Russia helping if they are so noble? Would they only help if the victims were Russian? So, I'm not sure what you mean by we should be fighting religious extremists. We have been - in the mean time, Russia is invading the Ukraine, defending war criminals like Assad and threatening to go to war with us. American soldiers have died fighting to protect innocent women and children in countries that are not our own. Where is Russia?

In summary, they have threatened nuclear weapons usage, they threatened to go to war with us over Syria, they threatened to go to war with us over the Ukraine, they continually approach our international boarders unannounced with bombers. What exactly are we supposed to think Russia's intentions are? What would your country think if they did this to you guys?

Yes I'm talking about Snowden. That is however a whole other topic. I feel bad already for clogging this forum with long posts so I left his name unmentioned! I can't speak for all America but I would be more than happy to give you my perspective with no defensiveness. Judging people is above my pay level! If you really want a good book about the Cold War and historical Russia-US relations, read a book called "Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base" by Annie Jacobson. I bought it thinking it would be an entertaining conspiracy book but it's a very thorough book about the historical US-Russian relationship. The last chapter is non-sense but the rest is really good.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neptune13

wow
amazing thank you so much
you know I came here to get stories out of you thank you for making me understand
I do want to know about snowden
I hear many stories if u link me somewhere u can give ur perspective on this one
I would appreciate it
is fascinating
what is a Pacifist
edit on 18-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Geomand

that was very nice said
yes that is so so true

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Geomand

I am sorry for clogging this forum too
but I can't help myself to add this here
this is my perspective of everything

I find it strange that we still rage civil wars on each other yet we have such a difficult task in front of us and that is to protect human spieces
when I was in a sky tech show that acts as a observatory i was so overwhelmed by the fact that we are such a beautiful most unlikely creation. like what are the chances? yet we don't seem to care to appriciate that we exist in a system in nothing. you and me
you and me actually exist to observe universe we are alive and able to comprehend it even more amizingly explore it

like what the heck?? I will dedicate my life to protects us and future generation and our environment

because it is the most incredible gift universe could have gave us

a life!!! we are a live unlike anything else so far discovered in universe

we have a responsibility to keep our legacy because chances are after we wipe eachother out there will be nothing like us ever again

we are no rocks we are no air we are no ocean we are no plants we are no animals
we are beings that are able to comprehend our existence
so far from what we know we are the most advanced beings in the entire universe !!!!!

ME and YOU !!! like we deserve a golden medal for our achievements .. all of US !!!

that is major

you know like there will be a day when our children will travel into universe to search for other spieces that is if any of us (humans) still exist

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

this Assad think I posted here
a post above

my big ??? is people in Syria voted for Assad !!! what is going on ?? I posted the result of Assad election
and I am CONFUSED

with the ISIS what I watched news on SBS
was that it is how u destroy ISIS
the 3 people talked about it I can find the news if u really wanted me to

it was said that u can not do air strikes to fight ISIS in Syria but u need to send troops on legs (u know like terminator)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

this is from Australia's education centre
Sydney university
like u said I am in Australia and I have to unite with AU' perspective

ussc.edu.au...

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

this is from Australia's education centre
Sydney university
like u said I am in Australia and I have to unite with AU' perspective

ussc.edu.au...

this is a comment of on one article)

the sense of this article is fair.
NATO and US & EU(which is US disguised) fully pushed this situation. They prepared it by being overly negative on Sochi Olympic games, and now they successfully turned Ukrainians and the world against Russia. Both countries were brothers earlier. (i remember being in Ukraine, and seeing them watching sport on tv and when the Ukrainian would loose and a Russian would win, it would be a victory for them !!)

The dangers are multiple, including the one described here over, you also have the Ukrainian govt that is absolutely unreliable and uncontrollable that is backed by NATO, US and EU so they feel wings. (imagine that the this govt, some years ago signed agreements and falsified them ... at the state level ... no joke ... they are damn dangerous ! and the US have already played many times with dangerous leaders !!). (remember they forbid Russian in a country 30% Russian speaking people ... they are seriously young brained ... you can't trust them !! many years ago, i was their and the orange revolution was taking place ... youchenko was being chosen ... he made promises to the Ukrainians ... and they believed them ... but these promises were so exaggerated ! lower taxes, jobs for everyone, higher salaries, better infrastructure ... he was promising the moon ... and they were happy about that ... i was telling them that it was unrealistic ... Ukrainians didn't understand ... they thought it was perfectly doable ... so they are easily manipulable ... they have poor education)

Putin is diabolized (an old mass manipulation trick à la Edward Bernayse) ... but isn't that bad !! he is protecting Russia and Russians ... and is not playing the globalists game !! He plays his game that favors Russia.

Is it the NATO that has no reason to exist that is surviving like that or is it some strong lobbies or hidden governing head that doesn't like Putin because he could be dangerous in a global world order where he would pull China, India and others with him. And suddenly question the powers, that is diabolizing Putin ??

And by the way, Russia is not a dying power, it is a power in transformation. Whoever plays chess and played with Russians knows that they are smart people individually. With garbage in the brain as a inheritance of communism ... but wait that school and culture becomes "normal" again and you will see a real power with really smart people individually.

To settle this, i think that now, at the level the things are, they should allow for the creation for an independent state in the east where a majority of Russians live. And US and EU should do that, because Kiev is ready to launch an atomic bomb on Moscow if it could. Talks between Russia and Western countries should take place and and an eastern country should be created.

And remember, Ukraine is in a poor condition, but they each time elected there own president ... and this for over 10 years. They were robbed by their own elected presidents .. and the biggest thief of all is youlia timochenko ,... the worst of all. Who retried to run for elections (unbelievable). If someone raped them, it is the west that pushed them for violence and for a revolution ... instead of a political turn ... reelection ... (what a normal civilized country would do !)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Me too.
The Defcon twitter keeps reporting uncomfirmed explosions.

That's because the DEFCON Twitter and website is run by a 15 year old nitwit trying to stir things up. Ignore it totally, it's not official. In fact it's the sam as screaming fire in a crowed theater.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Oh great, another extremely biased "Putin is a fluffy bunny being clubbed by the Evil West" piece

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember

Accepted, I understand why your curious and I do not believe Russia would attack Ukraine there about 50/50 Russian/Ukrainian and used to be one country. If anything I believe they are engaging clandestine forces in Ukraine nothing more.

That could be the real problem , if ethnically the Ukraine is Russian , then its starting to look more like a civil war within at least the borders of the old Russia. In fact can you have just a half civil war?..Maybe that's the problem, and could spread into the new Russia. If that's the case then you would have thought that Stalin, sending many Ukrainians to the Gulags, has left a bitter taste toward Russia . Then what we are looking at, is unresolved issues from the second world war, which in itself developed from unresolved issues of the first world war . Same sh&^% different day.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

lol
yeah pretty much

if u American can you imagine USA would bann mexicans to speak Mexicans ? Ukraine band ethnic Russians in Ukraine to speak Russians.
honest we in Europe are sometimes backwards
as mentioned above not just putin we act like fluffy bunnies all
everybody in eu just needs to calm the ef down
I am overseas and shaking my head kind of embarrassed we act barbaric sthimes

and yes to be honest we do have PSYCHOLOGICALLY unresolved issues from WWII like come on
have u read the USA EU beef war?
we could not come to an agreement for 20 years crying out loud can we just close the cupboard on past and move on?

edit on 22-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Europe doesnt give a shait about Ukraine and about Putin
we are the bridge between two strong countries USA and Russia
the problem is we want the best from both worlds but don't accept the worst from both worlds .. we play double sword and into cards to whom it suits us the best at that point in time

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join