It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BS conspiracy theories take away from the real conspiracies.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Regarding "programmed puppets" - you'd be surprised at how many people wield the "you're all brainwashed" card when they, themselves, have been brainwashed by the very conspiracies they espouse so vigilantly.

That's not a personal jab at you by any means, just saying a lot of us have been around the block a time or two and when certain behavior patterns surface, one begins to take notice of the similarities.

It's exceedingly common in the realm of conspiracy, but very rarely talked about due to the fact that one track minds usually to prefer their individual pet projects and completely disregard new data. In the simplest terms, it's a classical Fixation

Very common with a lot of folks in the realm of CT - but it's also one of the hardest hurdles to overcome when dealing with social dynamics. At some point, if you really want to get anywhere with the rest of the community, you gotta learn to chill out and open yourself to new ideas and perspectives.

Otherwise, you're just going to come off as another guy with a signboard around his neck screaming about how "the end is nigh" and forgetting to shave or bathe.

Tell me....if you're so concerned about your Conspiracy Theories "being taken seriously" - why in holy hell are you acting like "that guy" in a forum full of people who - believe it or not - have possibly heard more, seen more, and done more than just stand on the proverbial internet street corner accosting everyone in sight?

Seriously dude - no offense...but the chip on your shoulder is visible from orbit.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Yeah for me it pretty much comes down to the sources you search for. If you do a Google search like "information on MH 17" you tend to get far different results then the one track mind people that do their Google search as " Proof the Ukrainian government downed MH 17".

That is one thing that disturbs me with the current CT community. When you do an investigation you look at all sources of information. When you have an agenda you search for material that fits your predisposed idea.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
That is one thing that disturbs me with the current CT community.

Which community is this that you refer to?

Names, dates, places, etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

Go away you're just trying to pick a fight.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Go away you're just trying to pick a fight.

are you still arguing with people?

Just start a good thread, be nice and make some good friends.

It's not that hard to become a valuable member of the community.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Not at all.

I have seen the term 'community' being used a lot on ATS recently and I'm genuinely interested to know what you define it as.

However, if you don't wish to answer the question we could always take it outside...

*rolls up sleeves*

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

No attempting to avoid arguments. By the way this thread seems to have some legs!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No attempting to avoid arguments. By the way this thread seems to have some legs!!!!

it's still going I will give you that.

any closer on to your first great work?

I am eager with semi uninterested part anticipation.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Like I told Phage I will wait until this one settles down. I don't like monitoring two threads simultaneously, you might as well stick a broom up my butt and ask me to sweep the floor while I'm doing that. Lol

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Or walk and chew gum at the same time?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Okay then maybe you should read my reply again to general eyes. One type of conspiracy theorists looks up all the information and forms an opinion. Sadly there seems to be another side of conspiracy theorist that form an opinion and then go looking for information to confirmed their preconceived idea.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Lol
Snappy comeback I'm impressed!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I hear ya.
Wish I could help on the MH 17 angle but it's outside of my field.

My pet projects are the realm of MK and NWO...I'm pretty much one tracked on those even though I sometimes venture into UFO's, social issues of a certain breed and the occasional "Reptilian" thread for fun and giggles.

There is a wealth of speculation on so many avenues of thought, and so many people at varied levels of personal and professional development that it sometimes gets a little infuriating for me too. As they say, "grab a shovel....this crap never ends."

I guess what I'm getting at here is - in this thread alone - there have been some very valuable contributors here at ATS participating in this discussion. I'm only saying this because I've been here a while and I kinda know a bit about who's who and wanted to let you know that - despite the apparent "standoffish" attitude you might be experiencing by some of us - it's meant in good fatih. Kind of an informal vetting and welcome to the community type thing.

Not to drop names or anything but holy hell dude....Phage is here participating.

Do you know what I would give to have some of his insights and perspectives on one of my stupid threads?

I'm telling ya. Seriously dude. You've got some good people here.

You just have to understand that we - like you - are tired of shoveling b.s. day in and day out....it's nothing personal, and please understand that. We're just trying to hold our community together and keep a higher standard that the majority of other sites out there that deal with these types of topics.

Hell, I've been digging for what...twenty or some odd years now?
Maybe 9 here on board?
It's a slow boat to China sometimes....but the key is patience.
Answers don't just fall in our laps the majority of the time.

It's easy to lose sight of the Big Picture when dealing with small details....some people have been known to completely lose their bonkers when things don't move fast enough. Think of it as a professional health hazard and take proper precautions.

That's where hanging out and being social with the rest of the membership comes into play.

Seriously. I can not stress the importance of just slacking off and hanging out every so often enough.

Yes, there's a lot of anger and perspective combat on site right now....but underneath that maelstrom of chaos - there are good people here who are genuinely interested in your perspectives and value what you will bring to the board in official CT capacity.

It's a hard paddle upstream, but we're all in the same boat....Relax.

Focus on the positives and don't be afraid to drop your defenses.

Head up chin up.
We're all in this together.

edit on 3/15/15 by GENERAL EYES because: minor edits for clarity and formatting - the usual suspects

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I revel that you grow tumescent with anticipation.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I revel that you grow tumescent with anticipation.

It better be as good as you say, I've booked time off work for it.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've been saying this for years. The true conspiracies get overlooked for all the noise made by the ridiculousness of fake conspiracies, and that's exactly how the powers that be will have it happen.

They're happy for people to squak about all sorts of nonsense, while ignoring REAL conspiracy theories, also known as "Conspiracy Fact".

If you want to see who's in charge of the real conspiracies, look at the billionaires in the 1% of the 1% (the 0.01%) and see which ones you've never heard of. The ones who are never in the press are the ones really running the show. The ones who are always in the press (Donald Trump etc) are the ones they're happy to allow to continue to be a distraction for the masses.

Case in point - two conspiracy theories that never get mentioned, but have never been explained:

1) Where did Democrat Presidential Candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton disappear to for a full weekend while on their campaign trails, just before the DNC in 2008?

2) What really happened to David Kelly, the UN weapons inspector who was found dead in the woods outside his home? He was the inspector who was busy telling the world that the Americans and British were being ridiculous with their WMDs in Iraq claims. He said there were NO weapons. Take a look at the circumstances surrounding his death and the subsequent investigation into it - led by the very people who had the most interest in starting a war in Iraq.

These are conspiracy theories that I'm interested in. Not whether or not the British Royal Family are descended from Lizard people and other nonsense.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
I have lurked on the site for a while. And I was quite taken aback by the members that participated in this thread. They are some of the most inform members on this site.

Hell I was freaked out when I got full paragraphs in reply from Phage.( Who I deeply respect.) he normally seems to keep his replies short and direct.

The only part I do not like about the participation. Is the endless stance on me creating another thread immediately. Don't you people have any patients? Believe me more substantial threads are coming from me would everyone please just have some patience and quit insisting I start another thread immediately?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I love sarcasm it is the second highest form of humor next to puns. Lol
edit on 15-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Well said, as to your first conspiracy I still firmly believe the trilateral commission is behind the election of Presidents.

I also believe that George Bush was a Ignoranus (a person that is both stupid and a a**hole) and only acted on the intelligence given by the CIA which was fraudulent.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

If you don't mind me saying....W is actually a very nice and genuine person.

He just found himself in over his head dealing with what when down during his term. Seriously. The guy is totally on the level and very funny if you ever meet him. A lot of the hate comes from second and third hand sources who think he actually wrote his own speeches and "secretly planned the whole thing".

He's really a nice dude with a big heart who loves his country.
Seriously. I am not making this crap up.

There's more going on "behind the scenes" out there in Washington than I'm able to prove, but I know W was more or less just caught up in wrong time wrong place. And please don't get me wrong, I used to buy into the whole partisan politics a long time ago myself, but then life happened and the rest is history.

We can debate the Shadow Government all you like, I'm totally down with that...but lay off W. He's been through enough smear campaigns to last a frickin' lifetime. The President is a PR person and little else. A figurehead and representative, not a criminal mastermind....regardless of who happens to be in office at any given time.

Anyway yeah - off topic but felt to need to toss that out there for some stupid reason.

edit on 3/15/15 by GENERAL EYES because: it's that damned formatting bug again....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join