It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BS conspiracy theories take away from the real conspiracies.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The people that insist on discussing the completely ridiculous ones are probably either deranged or government plants meant to discredit the conspiracy movement.

Ding! Ding!
The shill card! We have a winner folks.

The "completely ridiculous ones" are the easy ones. The ones that are real are much harder. Because, evidence and stuff. The ones that are real have something to back them up and that is why they deserve any attention at all.

edit on 3/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

And when you quit trying you gave up. And that forced you into a small percentage of people that agree with your conspiracies. In my opinion that's a loss I will never give up trying to educate people.

In my opinion only people with no conviction will stop trying to spread the truth and insist upon talking with only people that agree with their views.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well I did not say the word shill anywhere. But I agree with your response. Let's find evidence instead of speculate on the conspiracies that's the way to go isn't it?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

"government plants meant to discredit the conspiracy movement" = shill

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Shills come of many different types not just government plants. Why generalize when you are normally so specific?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

And when you quit trying you gave up. And that forced you into a small percentage of people that agree with your conspiracies. In my opinion that's a loss I will never give up trying to educate people.

In my opinion only people with no conviction will stop trying to spread the truth and insist upon talking with only people that agree with their views.

I did not give up, I simply realised that trying to tell people what they should think does not work.

You are entitled to your opinion but as long as you try to force it upon people you will always fail.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Well the first thing you did wrong was trying to tell people what they should think. Myself I just lay the information out there and let them decide for their selves.

No wonder you gave up you were trying to tell people what to think instead of letting them decide on their own after you give them the information.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Shills come of many different types not just government plants. Why generalize when you are normally so specific?

Government plants are not shills?
You didn't play the shill card?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
OMG lol that was too funny! ATS and every other alternative forum could just post that clip and shut the doors, there's nothing left to theorize about hahahaha Well except that now we know where they got the idea for the movie Elysium ; D

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Well the first thing you did wrong was trying to tell people what they should think. Myself I just lay the information out there and let them decide for their selves.

No wonder you gave up you were trying to tell people what to think instead of letting them decide on their own after you give them the information.

I must beg to differ, you seem intent on telling others what to to think, what they should and should not believe.

If you need a reference to this i refer you to the post I am reffereing to when you told me what I did wrong, Or your OP when you decided to tell others what "conspiracies" they should or should nor believe in.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I've been reading your replies for quite a while. You are obviously one of the smartest members of this site. It's just that your supercilious attitude is both condescending and irritating. But I'm sure that is what you are going for.lol

It does not bother me because you bring many factual statements to threads and I tend to be pretty much a jerk too.

In case you didn't understand that reply it was meant as a compliment.

As for your question.

No

You interpreted my statement as to mean the word shill. I did not say that word.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Phage The word Shill has lost all meaning. It is now a word thrown about by people when they don't agree with your opinion. Here is my definition of the word shill...........

SHILL;

NOUN
1. The last comment you hear from a coward you have soundly defeated in a argument.
2. A term said by someone shortly before their butt starts hurting.
3. A term often mentioned when Mental Midgets are in a argument over their head.
4. Something a liberal says to sound cool.
5. Shill something someone says when they realized their opinion is a fail.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Do me.. Do me...

Can i have a response please?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Sorry I must've messed up my response so I will repeat it.

From your statement you said you got tired of trying to tell people what to think. That's where you made your mistake, you cannot tell people anything.

All you can do is lay out the information and your opinions then let them decide for their selves. Trying to drill ideas into anyone's Head is doomed to failure.

I have made many people adjust their attitudes to certain problems by merely laying the information out to them and letting them decide for their selves.

It's no wonder you quit if you are trying to pound the information into people head you are doomed for failure from the beginning.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Here is my definition of the word shill...........

If you read my sig you will see that I fully grasp your understanding of the word. However, you are not allowed to redefine words at your personal discretion.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'm sorry. There is no further need for discussion if you insist I'm trying to tell people what to do when I merely stated my opinion. ( please look the word opinion up in the dictionary)

As I've repeated over and over to you in this thread. You cannot tell people what to do or you are doomed to failure. All you can do is lay out your information and let them decide for theirselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Sorry I must've messed up my response so I will repeat it.

From your statement you said you got tired of trying to tell people what to think. That's where you made your mistake, you cannot tell people anything.

All you can do is lay out the information and your opinions then let them decide for their selves. Trying to drill ideas into anyone's Head is doomed to failure.

I have made many people adjust their attitudes to certain problems by merely laying the information out to them and letting them decide for their selves.

It's no wonder you quit if you are trying to pound the information into people head you are doomed for failure from the beginning.

Thank you for your valued opinion and contributions.

I look forward to your future posts and valued input.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Says who?

Here is Webster's definition of the word shill.

shill
SHil/
NORTH AMERICANinformal
noun
an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
verb
act or work as a shill.

It seems that someone redefined the word and yet you except that redefined definition.
edit on 14-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Says who?

Snappy reply.
I'm impressed.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Thanks, but I had to go and ruin it with an edit. Lol

new topics