It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Putin?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Daily Mail runs a story Putin is out and Patrushev former FSB chief has taken over...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Interestingly Patrushev apparently visited the US recently despite having a travel ban on him. I guess the meeting went well and he was promised something pretty good!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This tweet shows the lights at the Kremlin being shut off with a comparison to normal...

twitter.com...

I would have thought turning off the power to the Kremlin something impossible. Otherwise my visit to see all the diamonds and jewels there would have ended very differently.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Daily Mail runs a story Putin is out and Patrushev former FSB chief has taken over...

This is the most interesting comment in the whole article...

Many of the clans in Putin's entourage became hugely rich under his rule, but now face their fortunes evaporating.

To me that is the biggest thing that would cause a coup...Rich people don't like watching there money disappear like it is because of sanctions caused by Putin's foray into Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It is questionable how much money all the Oligarchs have stashed away outside of Russia to safety. Given the massive capital outflows since the Ukraine invasion started I suspect the Oligarchs would only lose there money making business inside Russia. They wouldn't be Billionaires but only Hundred Millionaires.

I think at that point, when you know you have enough money safely hidden, it's all about power and control. About the next challenge. About keeping your legacy and building a family dynasty.

It does look like powerful forces have gathered in Russia and demanded change. I suspect it is much more about nationalism and what they think is best for Russia, which is very different than what Putin thinks.

Here is a good review of a critical speech that most people never heard about, but people in this thread will get to see!

www.dailykos.com...

The executive summary is that Primakov, a top 5 power broker in Russia, basically told all the other power players that Putin is running the country into the ground. This meeting happened back in January I believe. Since then Putin pushed for more in Ukraine and didn't heed the warning of very powerful people.

They all have tons of money...it's about power and dynasties now.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here's another good source that talks about what's happening in Russia now with some good analysis based on the same story lines...

www.interpretermag.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think the Nemtsov murder really pushed the anti-Putin forces into action. Not simply because Putin had Nemtsov killed, but the way it was done.

All these oligarchs have informants throughout the security apparatus. However Putin didn't use the FSB, he quietly used Kadyrov his Chechen war dog. This was a message to all the Oligarchs because none of them knew Nemtsov was going to get murdered. It was a complete surprise. The last thing an ultra-rich person likes to hear is a complete surprise murder. That shows them they won't see Putin coming when it's their turn.

So when Nemtsov went down the anti-Putin forces knew they had to start acting because more killings were coming. Killings they wouldn't be able to avoid.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The longer this 'silent Coup' goes the better it is for Putin. His supporters who were surprised get more time to recover and plan.

The lack of massive military units inside Moscow is also telling. Almost like the Generals want the Oligarchs and Putin to work things out without violence.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Bloomburg jumps on the 'Sechin about to be fired' bandwagon.

www.bloomberg.com...

Sechin being the Oil boss in Russia is a really big deal. If Putin has really turned against him then this could be another reason the anti-Putin forces have moved to action. Sechin may have jumped ship to join the anti-Putin side and they moved before he is relieved of power.
edit on 15-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The Armenian President claims to have spoken to Putin over the phone on March 12.

www.eurasianet.org...

Clearly unless a voice mimic fooled him then Putin is still actively running the country.

The 'Coup' might be limited to a big shuffle of power players under Putin...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Large fire inside the Kremlin at the top of the tower...

www.earthcam.com...

Cam down now...must have been slammed by people watching. The Ivan the Great Bell Tower was on fire, about 1/3 engaged.
edit on 15-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Apparently the fire is 6 km's away from the Kremlin, at the scaffolding on the main bell tower of the Novodevichy Convent.

lifenews.ru...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think Putin is having his brain transplanted in to a giant killer robot. Soon the Kremlin will announce the existence of MECHA-PUTIN.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Like I said in another thread something is up. The Kremlin would do everything in it's power to stop these rumors. Rumors like this can cause revolutions and massive protests.

Something is very......VERY wrong with the Russian picture at this point. I also wanted to add the mainstream media is either incompetent or controlled by one central force.

This story proves this simple truth the more time goes by. Personally I think they are controlled by one central command. Sad times we live in....Sad indeed.
edit on 15-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I would say none of the above all of it sounds like BS to me. I wonder why people seem so infatuated with Putins demise there are a ton of Putins gone threads its rather silly if you think about it. I would think it was less strange if there was a little evidence.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Putin is back.

"The Sputnik news agency reported that he joked when asked about the rampant speculation over his health and whereabouts: "It would be boring without gossip," Putin replied."

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes Putin is back and he finds the social media sites gossip amusing

So well done lads you made an ex KGB operative smile,that's got to be tough!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

ATS should invite him like ( I'm president Vladimir Putin you can ask me anything ) that would be fun..

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotskyIf Putin were to kill Nem, he would not have
done it so sloppy.

That killing looked more like something done by an exterior power to trigger unrest,
and it did that to a moderate degree.

Even Nem's own ppl said it was not Putin, so take that for what its worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join