It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All employees of the Russian Embassy in London have left?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Wookiep

Nothing important to the thread. I simply was passing on information and wanted to keep off topic posts to a minimum. We had already wandered off topic quite a bit.

Alrighty, well, we wouldn't want to go off topic, so I understand.. Whenever I see posts like "check your pm's" it always makes me wonder what isn't being said here that could be, but can't be... if you know what I mean. In a nutshell, they typically leave me scratching my head, wondering what it is that I'm actually missing. It is what it is, I suppose.....but that doesn't mean that I have to like it!

edit on 14-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Check your messages. Lol

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you sir, LOL.

Ps - I do see how it could be deemed off-topic. With that, to anyone curious, just go here -

Link

(mods please be easy!)
edit on 14-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
CTV reports that Putin is the daddy of a new baby girl born in Switzerland, no other details.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Following the announcement that the Kremlin is preparing for a major announcement the Market Vector Russia ETF Trust was down more than 1.5 percent Friday.

All major media organisations in Russia have been told to be ready for a major press conference in the next few days.

- See more at: yournewswire.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

since i just tuned into this thread now .. through to the end result on this page, i just went through my usual chain of conspiracy related emotions .. all in the space of a few minutes ....

disbelief at the initial title and story ....

reading more possible details as they are uncovered, then a slow sinking feeling as the realisation kicks in this could be possibly true .. bad things happen to other ppl in the world .. why not us ...

then a glimmer of hope .. as someone says calm down, its just conjecture .... and maybe it could be this other completely innocent thing instead ..

then more details of dodgy doings, before eventually, just concluding in innocent, or even potentially happy news (so long as the new anti-christ hasnt been born
)

i guess its human nature .. but in future, high profile leaders, should be aware of the conspiracy theorists, when they want to do normal private things too ...

that said .... conspiracy theorists seem to be a force unto 'ourselves' .. while i think conspiracy theorists are essential for uncovering many truth presently, as how else would we acquire and piece it together .. but with this knowledge, of how we operate, its completely obvious we will have been used many times over .... fed information into the conspiracy theory machine, like a computer, knowing in the results in advance, the disinfo it will spit out ... what an unfun game we are part of ...
edit on 14-3-2015 by Segenam because: editing is a great way to pass the time ...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: glend
Recent news that US is supplying further arms to Ukraine might have been too much for Russia to bear. Now if you were Russia, what would you do? Perhaps Russia might think its a good time to test its nuclear deterrents as a reminder to world that if you want to play with fire make sure you don't get your fingers burnt.

Russia is not the only country with Nuclear weapons.
Within ten minutes of Russia launching any nuclear weapon they would have several fired at them, it's called Mutually Assured Destruction, and it's precisely why both the UK and the US are such close allies. If one of us is hit by Russia (or anyone else) and we are incapacitated in any way, our ally will annihilate them within minutes.

Believe me, if anyone fires a Nuke at anyone else, they too would be bombed back to the stone age.

Do you have faith in Obama doing his duty?

Yes, actually I do.
It would be almost incredible to imagine that a nation would not retaliate if they were struck by such a weapon. Do you really think any leader would not retaliate? If you've already been hit, you have no choice but to use everything you have to take out the entirety of the enemies capabilities, something which could easily be achieved by the US and allies.

This is all a pretty pointless discussion to have anyway, no one is about to fire any nukes at anyone.

The truth is someone would have to rip the putter out of his hands and smack the livin # out of him litteraly to get him to even utter one launch code.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
All I can say is this:

If Russian officials are leaving the UK, anyone from ATS living in London might want to consider taking a vacation from London for a few weeks.

Just in case.

I don't mind getting nuked.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Segenam

Good reflection. My own trick is to not get too attached to anything that is said as being truth, because it often develops further, is altered or evolves into something else. The possibilities are good to explore if for no other reason than a thinking exercise, yes? (which I think is what you just said more or less)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ATS logic: Russia is planing a secret attack on the west, therefore its removing personal to save their life...

If you are planing an attack with the potential retaliatiation of wiping out your entire country of the map, you simply dont risk to ruin the surprise element to save a few hundred people.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
I don't mind getting nuked.

Funny, I read that as "naked" and thought, what does that have to do with.....ah, "nuked" he said "nuked". Now, that's cray cray!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well...it appears the original tweet has some legs.

I am looking forward to whatever this announcement is that cleared an embassy.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Maybe Putin knows CERN is about to suck parts of Europe into an extradimensional porthole to hell and he wants his people out of there? Interesting that he's in Switzerland right now? Maybe he's been chosen to take on the Zookbanafoobes as they rush in through the CERN stargate, wearing his wife-beater, to protect his newborn daughter? Go get em, Vlad the (gymnast) Impaler!

Maybe it's the near total solar eclipse over the UK on March 20th, one week after Friday the 13th, and he knows it falls within the middle of the "blood moon" tetrad from last year and this year, and maybe Putin believes that when- "...the sun becomes black as sackcloth of hair (March 20th), and the moon becomes as blood..." (April 4th) then it's time to get the peeps out of London? Is he superstitious?

This is ATS. Use your imaginations people! Weddings? Babies? There's no doom in that. Well, maybe in the wedding part there's some doom there.

In order to make an omelet, you gotta have some doom first. Or something like that.

If Putin was planning on nuking London, he wouldn't just abandon the Embassy. He'd slowly rotate in some new replacements first. People he didn't like much lol. Any new faces/old enemies of Putin around the Russian embassy in London lately?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is becoming a little tiresome now.

There's still no actual evidence of any Russian embassy being emptied.
There's still no evidence of this fictitious Tweet supposedly reporting a coming announcement.

And yet, here we all are, discussing things that are not real as if they're entirely proven.
It's disappointing to me. I remember a time when people here would actually look at sources, trace them back, find the source and present it, or dismiss it, rather than simply accept it as being valid.

Anyone else remember those days? Oh how I miss them!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

So based on those two things you're going to ignore helicopters over the Kremlin, which is restricted airspace, as well as other evidence something is happening?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

ATS has it's roots in high speculation, conspiracy theories and such.

UFOs, Aliens, Big Foot, Moon Hoax, Secret Alien Bases, Secret Space Navy, PlanetX/Nibiru, End Of The World threads....you name it, it gets discussed here.

And always has been likes this.

Not sure you understand the general spirit of ATS. Speculation about things is very welcomed. Counter arguments are welcomed. Different opinions are welcomed. Sources (in most forums) are welcomed too.

Instead of complaining......why not use your sources to discount or disprove things? Exercise that research and engage the conversation with it instead of constantly complaining in every single Russian thread that you seem to do.

It would help progress discussion, provide new or more content, and just may give you satisfaction to prove someone wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So based on those two things you're going to ignore helicopters over the Kremlin, which is restricted airspace, as well as other evidence something is happening?

No, go back through my posts, I entirely believe that something is happening, I believe that Putin is either dead, ill or there's been a coup.

But, I'm a rational person and I conduct my research into sources where possible, and I'm pointing out that this source is not valid, and this claim about an "announcement" is not based in any factual information that I can find.

There is already enough to discuss and debate over this issue without accepting unfounded nonsense like this supposed announcement.

It's depressing to see people I usually agree with when it comes to Putin and Russia ignoring the facts here and not producing the evidence for something they claim, and seemingly just because they enjoy the drama. We have collectively demanded that the pro-Russian side offer evidence and reason to present their nonsense views about Ukraine and Russia, and now so many I usually agree with are themselves supporting things that have absolutely no basis in reality.

All I have asked for is evidence of this Tweet. I don't need more evidence about Putin being ill, dead or overthrown, and I don't need more evidence about the helicopters flying into Moscow. I am entirely on-side when it comes to the debate about what's happening in Moscow.

The only thing I am not on-side about it the repeated nonsense about an "announcement" and the emptying of embassies when there is no evidence to support these things.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

ATS has it's roots in high speculation, conspiracy theories and such.

UFOs, Aliens, Big Foot, Moon Hoax, Secret Alien Bases, Secret Space Navy, PlanetX/Nibiru, End Of The World threads....you name it, it gets discussed here.

And always has been likes this.

Not sure you understand the general spirit of ATS. Speculation about things is very welcomed. Counter arguments are welcomed. Different opinions are welcomed. Sources (in most forums) are welcomed too.

Instead of complaining......why not use your sources to discount or disprove things? Exercise that research and engage the conversation with it instead of constantly complaining in every single Russian thread that you seem to do.

It would help progress discussion, provide new or more content, and just may give you satisfaction to prove someone wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

So I am supposed to disprove something that has not been proven?
Unlike seemingly everyone else here I have actually gone through the Twitter account of the person who supposedly stated that the media has been asked to remain over the weekend for an announcement, and I have not found any Tweets showing this.

Why is it my job to disprove something that doesn't exist, and not your job to prove that this Tweet exists?

Please, someone, go and get that Tweet and prove that it exists.

I want to be proven wrong, I would love to see suggestion of an announcement, it's exciting to think that we're about to see history in the making. But, I need to see that Tweet rather than see people continue to insist that it's real while not being able to produce it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Can tweets be removed by the poster?

I refuse to use twitter so I wouldn't know how that works or if Google would even have a cached page of that tweet if it was removed.
edit on 3/14/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Can tweets be removed by the poster?

I refuse to use twitter so I wouldn't know how that works or if Google would even have a cached page of that tweet if it was removed.

They can be deleted, but again if that's the case then there's still no evidence of this announcement coming.

People here seem to think that because I've not found evidence for these two ideas (the announcement and the embassies being emptied) and I won't accept opinion as truth that I must be pro-Russian or something. They seem to have forgotten my posting history on this issue and the Ukraine/Russia situation.

All I'm expressing is common sense, and people don't seem to like it.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join