It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition seeking treason charges for Iran letter hits 100,000 signatures

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy
As much as I despise the GOP for all their war mongering, Wallstreet and big banking/corporate tyranny the democrats are disgusting and Obama is a f'ing clown!!!!! Hilary is worse than ANY single GOP senator along with that left liberal democrat nit wit Pelosi. The American people are pathetic losers for voting in TWICE a puppet like Obama!

It is what the people want as their reps on both sides. We voted in a crappy ass president twice, so enjoy...

We voted in people into the Senate over and over and over.... Hell Barney Frank (one of the MAJOR architect of the collapse of Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac) had to retire to get him out of office...so enjoy...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Bottom line is the republicans aren't the ones clamoring to take away my guns and gun rights! The 2nd amendment is probably the single biggest and most important reason why I even vote for the GOP, NOTHING else matters because with out my ability to protect and arm myself and my family the government can and will run roughshod over any and all liberties that follow! Moronic voters who vote in democrats fail to grasp such a simple concept!!!!!
As long as any democrat POS stands to further encroach on the 2nd amendment be them a president, senator whoever, they are a traitor! Dianne Feinstein should be charged with treason not Rand Paul or Cruz etc.

edit on 12-3-2015 by MiddleClassWhiteBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Treason
noun
the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Obama and all his supporters should realize something. Not one single citizen is required to respect, like or approve of any President's actions. They are allowed, by the Constitution to speak out and voice their approval or disapproval. Personally...I have grown to hate (yes...hate) this administration, Obama and his minions. What we are supposed to support is our country, it's values and it's Constitution. Based upon that, in my opinion, any real American is REQUIRED to speak out against what Obama is doing, breaking laws, lying, side-stepping the checks and balances that are part of what keeps this country from becoming a dictatorship.

Give them all medals for having the balls to say it like it is. Before our country becomes another Russia with a lawless leader with no regard for the law, the Constitution or the AMERICAN people.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Daedal

So who from the White House would make a decision that this is treasonous?

At the Federal level Treason is defined by Congress.

Secondly their action comes nowhere near the definition for Treason -

18 USC 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.

Mr. Kerry is mistaken on Congress not being required to consent to this agreement.
US Constitution - Treaty Clause

Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, includes the Treaty Clause, which empowers the President of the United States to propose and chiefly negotiate agreements, which must be confirmed by the Senate, between the United States and other countries, which become treaties between the United States and other countries after the advice and consent of a supermajority of the United States Senate.

Even Executive agreement are subject to Congressional approval.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I think that the letter that was written by the Republicans to Iran was incredibly stupid, and they could be charged with treason, but I think that charging that many Republicans in congress with treason would be taking the current political divide way too far. It would become too dangerous to be involved with politics if people started charging others with treason willy-nilly.

Treason has the following punishments associated with it:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Source

The Republicans probably deserve it, but I don't think it is a good idea to start charging political opponents with treason. I am, however, interested in what the White House has to say.
edit on 12amThu, 12 Mar 2015 03:35:10 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stylez1
When will the madness end? It's beyond obvious that the republicans are letting their personal feelings compromise their better judgement. Their actions are just beyond reckless with multiple petty and childlike decisions. Republicans voters should be embarrassed that they voted for these bumbling idiots. Democrats have their issues as well but the republicans are digging their own graves by constantly making irrational decisions that continues to blow up in their faces. Clearly their only mission is to embarrass and sabotage the president and the United States every chance they get by any means necessary.

The only thing that embarrasses me is that this country elected and then re-elected a criminal (in my opinion) as president.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I think that the letter that was written by the Republicans to Iran was incredibly stupid, and they could be charged with treason, but I think that charging that many Republicans in congress with treason would be taking the current political divide way too far. It would become too dangerous to be involved with politics if people started charging others with treason willy-nilly.

Source

I am, however, interested in what the White House has to say.

Anyone can be charged with anything...that doesn't make them guilty and I'm 100% sure they didn't overstep their bounds. Obama is just pissed off that while he ignores the rules we have set in place, the GOP has at least some balls to play the same game...but WITHIN the law as opposed to against it like Obama.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
So many people caught up in a buzz word moment incapable of a simple Google check (though they should already have a good idea) to see what treason is.

*walks away saddened at the ignorance *

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hahaha 100k idiots would call this treason... Wow, 100k signatures should be coming for a better education system too considering this logic.. Anyway, have fun supporting this bright cause.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Seriously, Iran wants us dead, I hope your ready to protect yourself becuase you don't sound ready. They want a new persian empire and it's actually gaining ground. Do you honestly think we won't have to fight Iran or more of the Middle East in the near future, I mean really, they want us dead. a reply to: elementalgrove

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

originally posted by: tonycodes
Seriously, Iran wants us dead, I hope your ready to protect yourself becuase you don't sound ready. They want a new persian empire and it's actually gaining ground. Do you honestly think we won't have to fight Iran or more of the Middle East in the near future, I mean really, they want us dead. a reply to: elementalgrove

First of all we never had to fight any of the sovereign nations middle east!

We have murdered millions in Iraq alone on fake intelligence and propaganda add to that the criminal use of Depleted Uranium and Enriched Uranium.

We have been funding ISIS oh I am sorry I mean "moderate rebels" in Syria for the past 4 years with the results being the atrocities we have witnessed over the past year which have really been happening the whole time just not reported and now after all of that do you want to know who is responsible for stopping these psychopaths..... wait for it..... IRAN!!!

Second have you ever asked yourself why our allies in the middle east are countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain and other countries with absolutely horrible human rights violations that we turn a blind eye to, case and point would be Israel, but I have a feeling that you are very pro everything Israel.

Your tone implies that you have a very deluded and dangerous view of our place in the middle east.
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amThursday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I agree with that. (About charging like ha know everyone with mutiny at some point.)

This is not treason nor a violation of the Logan act.

But, I would take a moment and also think of the implications this would have at home. Obama continues to push race issues and make them worse. Why not just start a civil war and have martial law and total control of this country. We all know this is what he really wants (fundamentally transform America). This is something that could really push us in that direction even if it is treasonous or not. Both sides have their hardliners and don't budge on the political scale like a bunch of us here. So if they were convicted there may be some that act out....may be a lot. But I doubt it will happen, because Obama likes to do his dirtiest work behind the scenes and then it is too late, this would be harder to keep out of the limelight.

But...maybe I should sign so I'm not on the naughty list when the gestapo comes.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

All them Obama voters scooped off the street like election time and told to sign it probably. And like others mentioned... Some are a young age of 112 probably

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
They'll never get charged because there is no clear violation of the Logan act on the books to reference. There was one case in the 1800's where 80 representatives sent letters to England about the mistreatment of prisoners, but the conviction fell apart before it even went to trial. there are other clear violations after that, but the govt never moved to prosecute because it's almost impossible to win the case.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Daedal
A petition seeking treason charges against the Senators that signed the letter to Iran has exceeded the 100,000 signatures required to elicit a response from the WH.

Source

Not only was a White House petition startedurging charges be filed “against the 47 U.S. senators in violation of The Logan Act in attempting to undermine a nuclear agreement,” but by Tuesday night, it had hit the 100,000 signature threshold required for an official response from the White House.

I wonder if there will be an official response to this. What do you guys think, treason or not?

Definitely treasonous but Obama doesn't have the guts to do anything about this. In fact, it was probably just another example of behind-the-scenes collusion between the two branches of the Corporate Uniparty.

I'm pretty sure the Iranians are well aware that this is all just part of the circus act that our cloaked overlords put on to keep the American people happy in the delusion that we still have representational government. That however still does not answer the question: just what the heck is the ruling elite planning to do exactly? War with Iran would be not just a travesty but a complete disaster for America.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Source

The Republicans probably deserve it, but I don't think it is a good idea to start charging political opponents with treason. I am, however, interested in what the White House has to say.

Even if it's not technically treason and despite what republicans might think,
this is how negotiatings are supposed to work.

You go in asking for more than you think you can actually get and settle somewhere in the middle, like it being a violation of the Logan Act.

These people are traitors to the United States and should be treated as such, including jail time and prohibition from serving in any official capacity in the future.

The division in America is already deep & wide and NOT holding these people accountable will not make things worse.

On the other hand, ignoring what they did will.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I hope that they do press charges. That way they will be able to press a counter-suit and charge 0bama with all the treasonous acts that he has done, both foreign and domestic.

Once the WH does this, all the gloves will come off and no one will be afraid of the racist tag anymore as they defend their position. Every one will go down in flames. BWHahahaha!
It'll be fun to watch.

The only reason that 0bama hasn't been impeached is because no one wants their name attached to taking down the first black president. What a bunch of wimps! For that, I despise the GOP and DNC. (Congress in general)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The Attorney General would make that decision.

The reason Obama was never impeached is because you have to commit a crime to be impeached. Executive actions are not a crime or George W Bush would be serving life. Some of you people really need to get a clue as to how this government actually works and not just regurgitating what Fox News feeds you.
edit on Thu March 12th, 2015 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

The Attorney General would make that decision.

its one thing to go after Obama for violating the Constitution. Its something else entirely to send the DOJ after Republicans who have not broken the law. If Obama is going to refuse to include Congress in this then Congress has a constitutional right to do their own checking.

They are, after all, a check to the executive branch.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Inviting a foreign leader to give a speech to undercut foreign policy of executive branch of our government is by definition treason.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join