It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition seeking treason charges for Iran letter hits 100,000 signatures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Well the letter was not a declaration of war on the US. And while Iran isn't very high on the friends list, we are not enemies. The White House webpage is hardly considered Congress in the least. In fact, I am having a hard time setting a violation of the Logan Act because what was said is indeed true. The Senate has to ratify any treaty the President makes and the letter does not attempt to negotiate a deal. Such as a this in exchange for that.

So a no on treason and a not really on the Logan Act.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Daedal

So who from the White House would make a decision that this is treasonous?

I'm no lawyer, but I would imagine that the justice dept, (Eric Holder) would half to convince a federal grand jury that a crime was committed.

You know what they say, a good attorney general can convince a grand jury to prosecute a ham sandwich if he wants to and vice versa.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nothing will become of this petition. Look at past history. Congress is mostly talk unless it deals with helping big corporations get more money.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
We'll see treason charges when they finally start building the damned Death Star!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The "Government" won't prosecute because it might jeopardize the talks with Iran.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

If so, add Pelosi to the charges of Treason! Yes, little "General Pelosi", as she was called with affection back in 2007 when she flew (no, not on her broom as one would understandably assume) to Damascus in her official as Madame Speaker, and delivered a highly politically partisan speech
and met with Bashar al-Assad of Syria. Same motivation. Same question of the Logan Act.

Well, well, well...!

Now charge her with Treason and the others who went with!

General Pelosi in Damascus 2007

edit on 1426125149Wednesday31Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:52:29 -0500pmWednesday5280831 by Ultralight because: added Source link

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I just signed.

Now we just need a a petition for 47 nooses.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They have made NO attempt to even try and start on the Death Star, makes me think our Gov, thinks very little of petitions on White House .gov!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

LoL thanks FlatFish!

Interesting to say the least.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

The link to Pelosi meeting with Bashar al-Assad in 2007 doing same damned thing only in person is right here:

Source

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I wonder how many people over 112 years old signed it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Treason ?
Meh.

Can a group of senators get charged with "mutiny" ?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I wonder how many people over 112 years old signed it.

6.5 million.

Oh wait, those are the new voters, sorry, my bad.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Treason ?
Meh.

Can a group of senators get charged with "mutiny" ?

If we're going to charge congress with mutiny, we'll need more than 47 planks for them to walk.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

If we're going to charge congress with mutiny, we'll need more than 47 planks for them to walk.

Good point.

There's not enough trees on the planet to make walking planks for each skallywag politician sitting in office.

I would donate a couple trees out of my yard, but I'm saving them for Harper and Co.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ok, can we seriously charge them with treason.

I must admit I just don't understand the law. I have read the information, but I'm not sure I am understanding it.

And if this is a fact. Should Obama be protecting us as citizens of the United States?

This is really bothering me. I feel like I am really getting F--ed.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Lol, in the meantime Congress has the real power to impeach.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Obama always has a buzzer in his hand

Obama Shakes Hands with Gaddafi

BwaHaHaHa

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join