It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He went around a corner and disappeared… from the face of the earth.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Had to put this out before reporting to duty,
Over 700,000 children disappear fron the USA and European Union A YEAR!
Are they abducted by aliens, Freak Masons or other satanic cults? I don't know but here is an example of one of their failed attempts.
From FOX News www.foxnews.com...
A sheriff says he doesn't think a man caught on surveillance video running down a sidewalk with a toddler in his arms is a resident of the tiny town of Sprague. We don't believe him to be a local at this point," Magers said of the man. "We'd recognize him if he was local."

Authorities have no leads, the sheriff said.
Sprague is a wheat-farming town of about 500 people 40 miles southwest of Spokane.
The boy's father, Michael Wright, said he was horrified by the incident.
"I can't explain the feeling, the anxiety and everything" that comes with getting a phone call like the one that told him someone had tried to kidnap his son, Wright told KXLY-TV of Spokane. Sheriff's deputies said a man talked with the children for a few minutes, then scooped the toddler out of his stroller and ran down the street. Surveillance video from a grocery store showed the kidnapper running, child in arms, with Delicia chasing and Brenden not far behind.
Delicia's screams alerted Dorothy Giddings, who was working at her antique store downtown.
"I said there is something wrong," Giddings recalled Tuesday.
"Then this man busts out and runs across the street and he's got a baby and a little girl right behind him screaming," Giddings said. "The girl said, 'That man got my baby brother! That man got my baby brother!'"
Giddings said she realized what was happening and sent her grandson Andrew Crane, 15, and his friend Isaac Yow, 16, to chase the man. As the older boys approached, the kidnapper put the child down in a vacant lot and fled, the sheriff's office said.
"He went around a corner and disappeared," Giddings said. "Somehow he disappeared from the face of the earth."
No vehicle was seen with the kidnapper, who is described by the sheriff's office as about 30 years old, 6-foot to 6-foot-2, with a thin build, brown hair and a mustache.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is certainly a strange story. I doubt the man disappeared from the face of the earth. More than likely he had been planning the attack - as most predators are extremely calculated. If he had been planning an attack that day he more than likely would have had a "ditch out" spot where he could quickly hide from a perusing person(s).

Unfortunately monsters like this exist and are very good at blending in.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The numbers of missing children and people are staggeringly large.What the heck is happening to them all is anyones guess.Very Creepy.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1
Sounds a bit like a real life "Tall Man".

The Tall Man 2012

A nurse's (Jessica Biel) young son is the latest victim in a series of small-town child abductions rumored to be orchestrated by an ominous figure known as "the Tall Man."

edit on 3/11/2015 by Klassified because: add vid

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Violater1
Sounds a bit like a real life "Tall Man".

The Tall Man 2012

A nurse's (Jessica Biel) young son is the latest victim in a series of small-town child abductions rumored to be orchestrated by an ominous figure known as "the Tall Man."

Why is he not just called a man? Why does height, or weight, or age, or anything else come into it?
We're making criminals into legends here, and it's entirely wrong.

These are just f-up people, we don't need to "glamorize" them and make them into legendary "creatures" for some sick form of entertainment.

On the OP, it's great that these kids acted to get their baby brother back, and it's great to see locals stepping in to help too. As for the disappearance of the man, chances are he knew where he was going to go and he had a plan of escape. There's nothing mysterious about this.

I really think that people just need to understand that there are some very horrid people out there, and while these things are rare and never likely to affect you or someone you love, it's always sensible to be aware of what's going on around you.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

From that staggering figure it needs to be determined which involved the suspicion of foul play or actual criminal causes, and those that are "missing" due to poor administration of records. THEN we can start talking about the true scale of the problem.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Are they abducted by aliens, Freak Masons or other satanic cults?

LOL, what an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
centuries ago it was dark hairy or tall humanoid monsters, today they appear like normal humans.

just as the ufos evolved from metallic saucers to colorfull balls of light over time.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You haven't seen the movie have you? Nobody is glamorizing anything. There's no way to go into detail without spoilers. The fact is that child abductions do sometimes give rise to urban legends. One example would be Cropsey. In a larger sense, the concept of boogeymen probably dates back into prehistory.

As for the OP: Without doing any additional reading into the incident, I'd guess that it's likely that the would be kidnapper jumped into his getaway vehicle or ducked into a building that he'd previously scoped out. Interesting that a "town of 500" has sidewalks that nice let alone cameras to monitor them.
edit on 2015-3-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Does anybody who believes he jumped into another dimension want to opine on why he/it didn't just do it while holding the child?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Violater1
Are they abducted by aliens, Freak Masons or other satanic cults?

LOL, what an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

I'm pretty sure the OP meant hypothetically speaking.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I saw the story last night, and I have to say, the sister and brother should get most of the credit. They did exactly what kids should be taught, screaming their heads off and chasing the man. That got other peoples attention.
But I didn't catch the part about the man "disappearing" or they didn't mention it. That is very strange.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

i don't know about that, i mean for how much he planned he still left his face completely visible? he doesn't even seem to be wearing sunglasses or anything...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Something that really stood out to me: the man is wearing what looks to be a suit jacket from the 80's due to the VERY oversize shoulder pads, something he may have picked up at a Goodwill or Salvation Army store. While that doesn't sound like much to some, it could be something to detectives because it could possibly show his status, his dress style, where he may work or shop, someone might remember a man coming into their convenience store wearing this odd type of jacket with those regular pants, among many other things that a good detective will take note of.

Another point: Could he have had a window of opportunity when he put the child down? Meaning did everyone stop chasing him for a few seconds to check on the child? If so he had those few seconds to run and make his designation. OR did some continue the chase?
Every second is critical in this.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Why is he not just called a man? Why does height, or weight, or age, or anything else come into it?

Because he's not just a man. He's a specific man. If your child is abducted, the police want a description. If that description matches several others who say he's tall...

We're making criminals into legends here, and it's entirely wrong.

No argument. Our society glamorizes much that it shouldn't. But the fact still remains that the man doing the abducting is tall, and that becomes a meme of him.

edit on 3/11/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How has no one said....where are these children's parents? I grew up in a smaller town than this, and my brother and I were allowed to go to the store ourselves or go back in the woods, etc. when we were 5 or 6...but no one would have let us take along a toddler. What poor decision making on the parents part, small town or not.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I was just checking through all the topics on here and came across this story right after seeing this
Local News posting video and names of children who were victims of attempted luring

The second story was located in Pe Ell, Washington and this one in Sprague, Washington. They are about 300 miles apart, but I found it interesting that these were in the same state, happening within a few days of each other, and both in very small towns.

They may be related, or they may not. Just thought I would point it out. I wonder if the police could show this video to the kids from Pe Ell to at least see if they match up.

~OkieDokie
edit on 11-3-2015 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

In the story it said that the father was at work and the babysitter had let them go down to the park.

No word if the babysitter has been fired.....

~OkieDokie

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie
a reply to: Atsbhct

In the story it said that the father was at work and the babysitter had let them go down to the park.

No word if the babysitter has been fired.....

~OkieDokie

Slapped then fired...

Second

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That stood out to me too...at first I thought the man was wearing a uniform.

His hairstyle has a boxy, 80's feel as well. Very strange. I wonder if there are any other abduction cases in the area.

What team players those sibs are. The poor parents must be proud but totally freaked-out. God, he could have taken all three kids!

edit on Mar1500000315000015America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join