It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Douwe Bob represents my country in the Eurovision Song Festival, and a few days ago I discovered this song he made for the Dutch tv show contest Singer/Songwriter, which he won.

What a charismatic guy and such a great artist. Epic song.

Elvis and Johnny Cash come to mind.

I am having a bit of a man crush on this guy, to be honest. Lol.

edit on 12-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Heh, some good 'uns folks... the Blind Melon video is bitter sweet, knowing the lead singer died of an overdose (on the same day I almost followed him.. .ahhh the 90's) ... and here is one written by a relative of mine that made top 40 in 1940 or so... heh.. .

Inkspots - We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me)

Hmmm.. .that song has some eerie lyrics! Guess depression runs deep in my genes, heh... raise one to the ancestors! Skoal!
edit on 5/16/2016 by Baddogma because: addendumb

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Gone awfully quiet in here! So, here is one to lighten the mood. It is a two-fer since you have to know The Presidents Of The United States and be a little more than casually aware of the movie Forrest Gump. I was at the sports bar and this came on (Lump) but sang the WAY version and ended up confusing the bartender!

Weird Al Yankovic - Gump

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Okay, let's go monumental goth with Sisters o' Mercy again... MORE

edit on 5/26/2016 by Baddogma because: errant apostrophe apostacy

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Awesome...

What's your vote for best goth song of all time? And space?

edit on 26-5-2016 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Oh lord, depends on the day (or night) ... heh, I'm a relativist/agnostic, how can I have a consistent fav anything?

But maybe Joy Division's Isolation ... or The Cure's - 100 Years (again).. .for the lyrics if nothing else...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hahahahah...it's this one....I played it once a few years back and caught hell ...hahhah...I was hurt...for a bit...lol!

Can anyone tell me why they don't like this song hahahaha..

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krypto1

Yeah, no music snob would EVER admit to tapping a toe to that bubble gum travesty (but I might've bobbed my head once or twice to it, back in the day... heh, but SHHHHHH).

Reminds me of RUSH, in a way, due to the hate leveled at them and the word Limelight, at least.

I used to snobbishly dislike the dumb excess of The Cult, then someone on this forum (CoughTEOTWAWKIAIFFcough) got me to revisit them, and this dammed song won't get outta my head! Fire Woman

One comment by an old GF sticks in my head, and that was that the lead singer could "impregnate with a glance," heh...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That dude is good!! The next Jim Morrison of the doors ...I love that song hahah..he rocks. One look hey ...hahahah..

Anyway I'm gone gone gone

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That dude is good!! The next Jim Morrison of the doors ...I love that song hahah..he rocks. One look hey ...hahahah..

Anyway I'm gone gone gone

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And here... some of my best memories involve a starry desert nighttime sky enjoyed on a friend's palatial roof with great embedded speakers surrounding us, smoking stuff, lazing and counting meteors to this, with Vangelis and Moody Blues Days of Future Past... lovely, haunting, spacey... and great for epic mental journeys...

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygen

And more spacey-cool from the aforementioned Vangelis... pompous one-name that he is, heh... (says "Baddogma" around the foot in his mouth)

edit on 5/27/2016 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 5/27/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

... or The Cure's - 100 Years (again)

Again? Okay, truly awesome song. Again?...we know each other somehow...if we had a magic app that could track down associations I know we would find ourselves connected. There's just no way. We are fully wet-wired in to the same memes, I think.

Hmmm.,,,

Heres' my all time fave goth track:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Thanks BD for the Southern Death Cult/Cult nod there! You know what? I had both of these albums too! Who would have thunk? I hope you don't have any John Luc Ponty or I am out of here!

I have always liked this song. I only knew it as, Oh, that one that starts, 'I could be a soldier...'

[Lyric - Just one, so precious ears, beware. The rest of the song is (lyric) awesome!]

Stiff Little Fingers - Wasted Life (I always thought it was "(They Wanna) Waste My Life" until just around 5 yrs. ago)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Happy happy songs 'cause why not? Eels - Mr E's Beautiful Blues

edit on 6/16/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

Eels - Novocaine for the Soul

Eels- Hey Man (now you're really livin')
edit on 6/16/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This thread is hard !! Hahahaha!!

How do I know if not to many like this song lol!!

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

edit on 19-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join