It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music You Know and Love but Most Do Not...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
1986:

Novus Magnificat was self-defined as "A Magnificat and Exaltate for digital orchestra, choral voices, and special electronic images" and "Dedicated to The Infinite One..."

The music was performed using the Emulator II, one of the first digital sampling synthesizers available: this provided and combined the sound of real symphonic instruments and choirs under a single keyboard, hooked to a Roland Juno 60 "for arpeggiated effects and enhanced sounds".

Nothing being written down or scored in advance, the album was directly composed and recorded in 1985 by Demby at the keyboard. The music was further enhanced with electronic textures by composer Michael Stearns and refined with record co-producer and label co-founder Anna Turner. The result was termed, "Music conjured by the future, rooted in the Western sacred tradition."

The music was performed using the Emulator II, one of the first digital sampling synthesizers available: this provided and combined the sound of real symphonic instruments and choirs under a single keyboard, hooked to a Roland Juno 60 "for arpeggiated effects and enhanced sounds"

Novus Magnificat

The Absolute
edit on 18-4-2016 by Bybyots because: :lol That's a laughing emoji. *shrug*

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Little Fluffy Clouds was on the radio on KQAM (?? I remember the last letters because it was "alternative music") in Phoenix when I was there! I ended up with the CD and always liked this song! Just like Paul Harvey "now I know the rest of the story!"

Another band they played a lot on the radio was these guys:

Hunters and Collectors - When the River Runs Dry

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Going to go all old school on you all. There was a time where I would think that Bob Marley didn't fit in this thread, but I think time has gone and gone again and maybe the message has lacked. Small Axe.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Everyone In This World Is Doing Something Without Me - FSOL

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I keep meaning to post more but I'm getting distracted with life things too. No bees, but Eels for you.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
1982:

edit on 29.4.2016 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A song that may be more relevant now, than when it came out decades ago:

In case you doubt it's relevance today, a taste of the lyrics:

The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watchin'

Our cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand....

www.metrolyrics.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Those words seem like they could have been written this year. WOW! I am a Steppenwolf fan, but have never heard this song.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 30-4-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2016 by Bybyots because: *?*

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots
I see someone has been swilling rum in cut-off breeches and sportin' an eye patch, lately! Argh, matey... lovely ditties!
And on that nautical theme, something less... er lovely.

eta and forgot to acknowledge my enjoyment of ALL the latest efforts above and back! Heh, took me a bit to notice this was still chugging melodically along and then to listen to them all.. .bravo.
edit on 5/5/2016 by Baddogma because: add to thank lovely previous (yet new) entries

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Jumpin Jesus Jack Flash! ARRRRRGGGHHH! I was stuck at a bar where somebody put on a "Best of the '80's" playlist except it was the worst of the 80's! Seriously! The Reflex by Duran Duran? and Simply Red? And ABC? Not even The Go-gos? Or Flock of Seagulls? I would have settled for Major Tom! But nooooooo! I got Boy effing George!

The only thing that kept me from going postal was thinking of this thread! Thanks BD!

Sorry if already posted but like Mark Twain said, "It is going to take a half-hour of cussing and smoking just to get the taste out of my mouth!"

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

ETA: Reason I couldn't just leave is 'cause I was watching a hockey game. Which of course goes to overtime. And I'm sitting there grinding my teeth and clenching my hands into fists like a methadrine addict...
edit on 5-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

edit on 5-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

edit on 5-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: formatting

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Good tune, but sorry to hear about your worst of the 80's debacle.

Southern Death Cult, Fatman

Hello to everyone else. Is it me or are there an awful lot of bad vibes about lately (if there are even such a thing as 'vibes' which, frankly, there probably aren't)?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join