It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow AboveTopSecret.com on Twitter: You'll Be Happy You Did

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I love the idea !
But , there is a basic flaw.
Those who are hardcore conspiracy , critical thinkers and with thought provoking ideas will shy away from any notion of becoming mainstream.
I know the company of the above network has basically become defunct , so I get the money aspect of keeping this site going.
Guess what I am saying is, remember your roots. What got you here to begin with?
What is the definition of deny ignorance ?
What got you here was people asking questions and not finding the answer elsewhere.
Curiosity and the thirst for knowledge .
An explanation for the unanswerable question.
So, it has become a search for more hits. A watering down of what once was.
I had more,
but my girlfriend woke up and said she was cold , so I must go back to bed.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Last night I had a weird dream! We were two factions groups. They were that hardcore kill you type and we were the otherside bargaining side!

In the dream a stand off went down and we were out numbered!!! Them threatening to kill us. However as dreams go I grabbed the oppositions gun... And shot! We won!....

As the twist went the opposition leader got up with paint balls on chest and said we never meant to shoot you.

Instantly casting me aside! My intentions were right and true tho...

Hmm.... What a dream, what a meaning!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
What would be the benefit of members of ATS following ATS on Twitter? And why will we be happy we did?
I'm not sure I see the point - we're already here and already see the stories?

Must be some cool, hip social media stuff I'm not aware of.

I guess if you can't go 2mins without knowing which discussions on ATS are the hottest, it could be a benefit. Just doesn't seem like something i would want spammed to me each day.

Speaking of spam, is ATS ever going to stop forcing NLBS down our throats on the homepage. ATS perma pin every new NLBS discussion on it. The homepage to me screams were desperate for people to checkout NLBS. That makes me avoid it like the plague.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldworldbeliever
Those who are hardcore conspiracy , critical thinkers and with thought provoking ideas will shy away from any notion of becoming mainstream.

You'd be surprised at some of the comments and replies we get on Twitter.

There are plenty of hardcore conspiracy critical thinkers following and commenting on our tweets.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Will you be censoring topics like you do on the FB feeds ?

Again I have noticed many top page threads not make it on FB feed .

I have Noted a pattern in the topics that seem to not appear in the Social Media feed.

Most often they are controversial Topics.

My final Question is how does ATS pick and chose the topics that are placed in the Social Media feeds ?
edit on 12-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Admittedly, this is actually a pretty cool page Bill but naturally I will deny it if queried as to whether or not I have a twitter account.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You know, the more presence people like us have on social media. The farther our reach goes.

the Entire world revolves around social media. It would be foolish to not unleash our madness unto it.

It's not like what you say isin't tracked recorded reguardless of how much members here try to hide their presence.

It isn't the 90s anymore. Sure, it was easier hiding on a 56kb modem using dial-up since all you had to do was pick up a phone.

Back in those haydays, The government struggled to track peoples activities. Nowdays, since all Information Enters and exists St.Lewis. Nothing is under their radar. A simple Search box at the NSA would pull up everything that has come in and out of there including cellphone calls that Ping back and forth before they even let you establish a connection.

The paranoia is honestly unreasonable.

The louder your voice is the less likely anything is to happen to you, If you quietly say something that can be red flagged and no one is tracking to see if your *Alive* or not via social media. Chances are if something happened to you, not many people would notice. So keeping quiet well spamming conspiracies and flagable content is just plain stupid and unreasonable. Not sure who thought about doing this first.

But the people on ATS should really move out of the 90s and into 2015 just like the Muslims should leave 700A.D behind them....

Welcome to the future, Where numbers count..... On twitter posts and facebook view, likes, and shares Lmao.

Sorry it's just the Truth. That nuke on mars thing, Is a perfect example of just how far an original ATS post can go.

I saw the huffingtonpost write an article about that one thread ALONE.

WAKE UP AND DENY THE IGNORANCE.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Will you be censoring topics like you do on the FB feeds ?

Again I have noticed many top page threads not make it on FB feed .

I have Noted a pattern in the topics that seem to not appear in the Social Media feed.

Most often they are controversial Topics.

My final Question is how does ATS pick and chose the topics that are placed in the Social Media feeds ?

They don't. The Internet is censored world wide. It's all based on viral content. The more Viral, the higher the chance of such a topic being seen.

50-80 flags on ATS does not translate to * Viral* on social media. WE, THE ABOVE TOPSECRET COMMUNITY NEED TO MAKE THEM VIRAL.

It's just a simple fact. And i have seen contriversial topics FROM ATS appear in social media so your presumption is entirely false.

Social media just shows what is viral or not, and the filter. Filters out relivant data and sets our expectations,

The search functions are much different now than they were 10 years ago. Now, every link post anything you click on puts on a list of relevant data. Meaning if you click conspiracy posts. You will see conspiracy links pop up in Google and on social media. If you don't click them, Chances are the programming will see you are not interested in seeing it. However the search function gives you options. It gives you a list of *Tetherable content* So it will show you a host of different subjects, One for each search * Bracket* that is quaried. If you click on any of those links. it will automactially Subscribe your search results to the *Catagory* of those in the list.

Basically, If above top secret had no social media presence. The chances of people seeing links on abovetopsecret poping up on the google search feed would not be * relevant* data. Making it less likely to be seen.

Now that skeptic is posting on twitter and making pages go viral, it is climbing in the millions for obvious reasons as more and more people click that random link they see * What is this? Clinton money scandle? * Even if that's the only link that bridges the abovetopsecret content to their search results. That's all we need to attract more people and to open up their search results to see the stuff that is hidden from them. Keeping quiet and posting in our forums like we are some elitist free thinker club is NOT going to have much of an impact on social media or google search results at all.

they changed how the web distributes data. there is screening, but the programs cannot screen everything simply based on content. Its based on user acceptance meaning if people click those one random link. It opens their search bubble.

Dont understand what im saying?

Watch this and you will understand what i mean and why trying to remain anonymous is honestly not going to have an impact!

If you want to be anonymous. Don't pick a userscreen name..... Go to 4chan where everyone there has the *Anonymous* tags. But the crap you or me post on there has a very hard time reaching other peoples search boxs FYI.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Hi sorry i didn't bother to read your whole post i stopped when you said " your presumption is entirely false .

I am not new to ATS by no means . I have been around since the early 2000's and I closely watch all the topics on ATS and FB and This is a pattern i have saw many times through .

ATS used to use some type of "Auto topic select " to feed directly to their FB page ,However it has since been replaced with a staff member who is tasked at selecting topics for the FB feed. This was stated by SO in previous thread.

Here is one that NEVER made it to FB that was TOP front page . www.abovetopsecret.com...

Meanwhile ATS was feeding FB with France terror attack threads .

So you can nay say all you want ! but why don't we let SO answer my question ! right ? I mean I o believe i was addressing him ?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Looks interesting... Another good way to keep up with the times.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Backfire.

ATS got me to try Twitter

Verdict.

I like Twitter better. So thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join